1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Mini discussion part 6

Jul 1, 2016

1. Oh your lucky girls, Jane. You're spoiling them.

Teddy

2. Thank you Jane and Teddy. Oooh I'm a bad Mummy aren't I :XD: Now you'll be pleased to hear that Tessa has a slot booked for May! :thumbup

That's exciting news Jane, you'll all have great fun with two bikes and a trailer

3. Right, I've finally done it.

I recently received a "Contribution Award" bonus (for going over-and-above on a project at work last year) and I wanted to spend it on something specific to mark the (rare-at-my-workplace) recognition.

However, I'm useless at making decisions and I couldn't make up my mind between getting a body for the Ninodoll Shampoo head I've had it a cupboard for a couple of years, or whether to spend it on filling gaps in the clothes/shoes/accessories needed for my exisiting dolls.

I put off making the decision for long enough that I semi-forgot about it and the money was in danger of being whittled away by ordinary spending from my account... then I complicated it even more by realizing that the head would fit just as well on the DT 7Year body as it would on the DT Elf body I had originally been thinking of... {sigh!}

More weeks passed until today when I was bored at work waiting for day end to start Easter Break (on a day when I wasn't even supposed to be in work as I'd also forgotten I had booked it as leave!) when I suddenly decided I had prevaricated enough and I ordered a 7Year body from DollsTown.

It said "in-stock" rather than "preorder" but I seem to recall that "in-stock" doesn't mean it's sat there on a shelf just waiting to be packaged up and shipped, so I'm expecting a delay before I get a shipping notice.

Meanwhile I need to get thinking about a faceup, eyes and wig for the Shampoo head.

Once she's a complete doll, I'll then need to get to know her and find out if she's an addition to my VIctorian Family, my little group of 1920's/30's dolls, a stand- alone from another era entirely, or modern girl to keep January (Alina 7Year) company.

Teddy

4. That's exciting Teddy and I hope you don't have to wait too long. I googled Ninodoll Shampoo to see what she looks like - she is such a pretty girl. I will enjoy seeing you bring this girl to life

5. Thanks Michaela.

When I'll actually get around to getting her all together is, as usual, anybody's guess.

Teddy

#545 Teddy, Apr 19, 2019
      Last edited: May 9, 2019
    6. Well that was a convoluted train of thought Teddy!
      Now the waiting begins, I hope it is a short wait for you *fingers crossed*

Oh! And congratulations about the bonus too!

#546 Jane, Apr 19, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    7. Thanks, Jane.

Now you see why I often prefer to outsource my decision making. My colleagues are quite used to me stopping by their desks and saying, "Yes or No?" or "What am I doing for lunch?"

Teddy

8. Well, I looked up the old emails about a previous DT order and it was 13 days between ordering an "in-stock" item and it being shipped, and this time was the same - 13 days between placing the order and the 7Year body being shipped.

It's already in the country and has cleared Customs -- I'm just waiting for it to reach the local delivery depot so I can play the Customs Charges.

Teddy

9. I hope the charges are not too steep Teddy

Tessa's head has gone off to the faceup artist, due back here in July

10. Thanks Michaela

Looking forward to seeing Tessa all painted and properly together.

Teddy

11. How exciting Teddy! I can't wait to see the new doll and then to find out what she wants to be.

And good news from you too Mikki........what face-up artist did you use? I am so out of the loop of face-up artists now that I wouldn't know who to use!

12. @Jane I sent her to Pathy in France, my first time trying her. I follow her on Flickr and her work looks lovely.

13. Thanks, Jane.

Teddy

14. Thank you Mikki......I will go and find her Flickr page and see her work.

15. I really like the look of her work too.....thank you so much for the link. I think she will make a lovely job of bringing your Tessa to life.

16. Thanks Jane and Teddy, I'm glad to have introduced her work to you and we'll all look forward to seeing how she brings my Tessa to life.

17. My 7Year body just arrived (held up by ParcelFarce rather than Customs), so I really need to do something about a faceuup for the head now.

Teddy

18. Will you give her a face-up or get someone else to do it?