1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Mini discussion part 6

Jul 1, 2016

1. Thank goodness I didn't just jump and order last night!!!
      I double checked with DT this morning about the head size as I thought that the 8.3 inches stated on the website was large for a new head as Maru simply didn't look larger than a Ganga.
      And I was right!

Maru is a small head she is only 7.5 inches
      *rats*

2. Good thing you did check then, Jane.

I like the smile (you know me and smilers) but can't afford dolls this year (possibly not for part of next year either) so am safe from that particular temptation.

Teddy

3. Wasn't it just Teddy! As I was all set to buy her straight away *phew*
      Never mind....I will just enjoy the DT dolls I already have at home. Here is a photo of Megan and Edith from over a year ago.

[​IMG]

4. Awww.... Well they're all set for some fun play, so well supplied with toys and books.

Teddy

5. It is always best to be prepared for a long play session! LOL!

6. Mine would agree with that.

The've had a fair bit of play time with me,but no photo time recently.

Teddy

7. Hi! I'm still here, I haven't fallen out of love with Dollstown kids. I still have Ganga5 and Arin7, and my Seola7 is coming back to me this week. I just got distracted with other dolls, and life. :)

8. That is how it has been with me recently too. I am hoping that soon I will find I have more time and energy for photos.

*sort of snap* real life has got really busy for me over the summer too! :3nodding:

9. Seola is on the way home, should be here on Thursday, yay! Now I need to see about getting her a little 5 year friend, probably Deogi. :)

10. Oh wow! How exciting!!!
      Have you got a face-up artist sorted or will you do it yourself?

11. Yay! indeed.

Teddy

12. She's not new, she's my Seola that I was dumb enough to trade away last year, and now she's coming home! :)

13. Oh how wonderful that you were able to get her back!!! Lucky lucky you!!!

14. Yes! She's coming home,never more to roam! :)

15. Hi all!
      My poor dolly hobby has been so neglected. Just can't seem to find the time to play. But, seeing the new Maru head has sparked something. Want to order the head and maybe a body another time, but really afraid that she will also sit, unattended, too. Happy to see that everyone's still loving their DT girls so much, and congrats to everyone with girls coming home.
      There's something very pretty and a little grown up looking about Maru. Has anyone seen a photo of the blank head?

16. There are some on flickr linked form the DT site:
      Maru 7yrs head

I hope you find some time for dolly play soon

Teddy

17. Lovely to see you back here Theresa *waves*
      I really like Maru too but I know her head will be too small to work with my other girls....unless of course I put her in a big mohair wig!

And I actually have found time today to start sewing a party dress for Megan (Ganga) and I am trying to make a 50's style party dress for her.
      I am not sure if my idea has worked but I am having fun trying! LOL!

18. Good luck with Megan's dress Jane. I hipe it works out how you envision it.

Teddy

19. Late to the conversation again, argh! I'll blame the beginning of the semester, which has been good but hectic, whoo.

Maru caught my eye, too, but after a LOT of looking, I just can't see her as a little girl; that's a very grown-up face, to me. I do wonder whether she might be a suitable schoolmate for my ShinyDoll Thaasa I Akali, if she were on the Elf body . . . hmmm . . . *putting on thinking-about-budget cap*

20. I agree Cynthia.....Maru has a very grown up look. I think she would work very well on the DT elfbody......happy thinking and deciding.