1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Mini discussion part 6

Jul 1, 2016

1. The 7yr body is one of the favorites in my collection since they are so portable relative to my 60-70cm adults. I opted to hybrid the body with the Black Cherry Dolls Xiao Yu head. Most people pair that head with the Elf body, but I got it in my mind that she looked more child like than young adult. I especially asked the faceup artist to paint her with "unkempt" eyebrows because that feature really helps to make her look younger.

[​IMG]

I also never know if I should post her in this thread or the Black Cherry Dolls (Large Dolls) thread since she doesn't fully belong in either, but if this helps others think of hybrid options with the 7yr body, then I'm glad.

2. She is really lovely @VeraLyne, such a sweet face, and I'm glad you posted her here as I wouldn't have known about her and how perfect she looks on the 7yr body.

3. That works very well, from the look of her.

I post my Ninodoll Shampoo/DollsTown 7Year hybrid here, and my RML/Dollstown 5Year hybrid, as well as my all DollsTown kids. It's all DollsTown mini bodies.

Teddy

4. Thanks for the warm welcomes @mikki and @Teddy! I adore my Dollstown bodies. My other MSD sized doll was a Big Baby, and I happened to get Xaga Doll BB hands that work pretty well with the 7yr body. So if you're looking for alternate hand options. I had luck with them.

5. Thanks for the tip.

Teddy

6. @VeraLyne As someone looking into hybrid heads for the DT 7yr body currently, your beautiful doll is so helpful to see! Thank you for sharing :)

7. @VeraLyne the girl looks so nice with this body! Now I'm pondering on whether to give my XiaoYu DT Elf body or 7yr one...

8. @koi_brianne - Good luck! Please do share once you decide.

@elsie_f - Both are good choices! Just depends on what you're going for. I made a video of when I got my Elf & DT7 body. I'll put it below in case you're interested and would help you decide.

9. Nice video.

It bears out my conclusion that most heads that work on the 7Year (and 5Year) bodies will work on the Elf body. I have a RML K-01 head on the elf body as an eleven year old and another K-01 on the five year body as a younger child:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Teddy

#689 Teddy, May 19, 2022
      Last edited: May 26, 2023
    10. hello guys, anyone have photos of dollstown Harang? I´m curious about this model but can´t find many photos online

11. Hey guys! I'm interested in ordering a Dollstown Soyu in pale tan. I didn't see the option on the site so I emailed them. I'm waiting to hear back but has anyone ordered a pale tan Mini recently?

Edit: I think I posted this on the wrong discussion board. I just found the elf body discussion, I will repost there. Sorry!

12. Hello everyone :)
      I have a dollstown doll in a 5 years old body that has been disassembled for some time.
      Today I decided to reassemble it and only found three hooks. One big and two for the hands and I was in doubt: were there supposed to be 2 hooks for the feet? Or does the cord simply loop at the foot joint?

13. The elastic loops through the foot piece, the big hook is for the neck and the two small ones for thre hands.

I've never restrung one but I just grabbed one of my 5Years to check.

And I forgot to share here that my 7Year Alina. January, got a new crochetted blanket for her bed:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

A local lady sells her crochet work to raise money for a children's charity,s so I commissioned her to make this as I never took to crochet.

Teddy

#693 Teddy, Mar 21, 2023
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    14. That's gorgeous Teddy, it's perfect for January. I do love her, it's great to see her again.

15. Thankyou for your answer Teddy, it helped a lot :)
      And youre Alina is so cute

16. Thanks Michaela

You're welcome

Thanks!

Teddy

17. I did the restrain to the dollstown 5 years old body and the body wobbles and doesn't pose very well. Should I tighten the elastics more or does the body 5 years old just not pose very well in general?

18. I find I have to hot-glue suede and wire all my DollsTown bodies to get them to pose well.

EDITD TO ADD: But wobbling doesn't sound right, you may need to tighten the elastics too.

Teddy

19. Thanks teddy i will have to do that then.

20. I am thinking of adding a Dala as I miss having MSD sized Dollstown kids. Plus my other MSD girl would love a friend to share stuff with.