1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown Mini discussion part 6

Jul 1, 2016

1. Good luck working it out

Teddy

2. Hi guys, me again with more clothes questions lol!

Has anyone tried TTYA clothes on their 7 years kids?

I really want to get some more basic pieces to pad out Olive's wardrobe but struggling to find anything. Like tops and pants etc.

Would really appreciate any advice :)

EDIT - Or maybe Dollmore? Has anyone tried any pants (trousers, shorts, jeans etc.) from them?

#62 princesspetal, Aug 29, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    3. Early Dollstown description of Maru said the head was 8.something cm but Dollstown corrected that and it is actually 7.something cm. I thinkin my opinion it would be way too small for the DT elf body. Go to the Dollstown site and verify the measurements as several people cancelled their orders when they found out the difference.

4. I haven't Lucy but I know that I have seen DT7 girls in TTYA dungarees and they looked good. But the TTYA sizing is inconsistent so some pairs fitted well while others didn't.
      So you are taking a chance but you could get lucky.

I can't say for sure but the I almost 100% sure that the Alina head is much smaller than the 8" quoted on the website. I had an Alina and she was just SO much smaller than a Ganga or Seola7. In fact she shared wigs with my Blue Fairy girls!
      I had her on the elfbody and I thought she looked great

[​IMG]

If the Maru head is the same size as an Alina she too could work well on the elfbody.
      Has anyone written to DT and asked if the Alina and Maru heads are the same size?

I sold my Alina on as I prefer my dolls to have a larger head.

5. From the photo's of it linked to the Dollstown site, it works very well on the Elf body:
      Maru 7yrs head+Elf body

Teddy

6. I wanted something to show for the holiday weekend so today I grabbed an old child's dress from my fabric stash, adapted an MSD bodice and sleeve pattern I drew up some time ago, and recycled thr front panel of the skirt into a new summer party dress for January
      (her hair band and bow are the shoulder straps from the original dress:
      [​IMG]

Teddy

7. Teddy that is lovely and it just so suits January! Well done you!

8. Thanks, Jane.

Teddy

9. January looks lovely! It's so nice to be seeing all the DT girls again. Btw. Seola is home, and happy to be so.

10. Yay!

Teddy

11. Oh my; I've missed a lot of recent posts. For some reason I didn't get notifications but I checked and it shows the thread is still being watched.

It's funny; Maru's head looked BIG to me! I would have sworn her head was larger than my Deogi and Amy5. I know children's heads look large in comparison to their bodies, but I like my dolls with smaller heads. And apparently pouty kids vs Jane's preference for smiling faces.

I mailed my Anneliese's head to AngelToast last week for her new faceup. I'm looking forward to seeing her and I hope that she looks older than Lilianna! I'm debating on different wigs now since they will be a little older than I originally envisioned. More like 8 and 10 instead of 5 and 7.

I hope your dress for Megan turns out as you hope. I look forward to seeing her in her new dress. You have such fabulous outfits and props for your girls. I haven't done any sewing for my girls yet as I never finished painting my spare bedroom that I told myself must be finished first. I'm back on the road again and so my projects have fallen even farther behind.

I'm glad you have your Seola back Opal. Seola was one of the first DT girls that I longed for.

Theresa - I think we have all experienced times when our interest has waned or life or lack of money gets in the way of enjoying our dolls. All it takes sometimes is that little spark that a new sculpt strikes in us to bring us back. It was my DT girls that did it for me.

Cynthia - any lovely pale cardis in the petal pattern for our girls coming in the near future?

Teddy - lovely dress for January and how wonderful to repurpose a child's dress.

#71 coleen, Aug 31, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    12. Oh fabulous news!!! I am so pleased *yippee*
      I can't wait to see her in a photo now.

And I am not getting regular notifications for here for some reason either Coleen. I even tried unsubscribing and resubscribing.....but still no joy. I just have to just remember to check in.
      My first impression about Maru was that it was a large head too. I loved how it looked on the DT7 body......and I still do actually!
      I am keeping my *fingers crossed* for you about Anneliese's face-up working out for you.

And my sewing has come to a standstill at the moment, as suddenly I want to photograph dolls again *gasp*
      And after a summer of where I didn't want to do that, I am not ignoring that urge I can tell you! :dance

13. Thanks

Hopefully the sewing urge will pick up more hen the weather is bad an outside dolly photos don't have much appeal.

Teddy

14. How great to have the urge to take photos again! I do hope you will share them with us. You have such wonderful props!

15. Yesterday, My Arin got to play with his friend Edith (who is Jane's):
      [​IMG]
      Edith very kindly let Arin ride her tricycle while she rode her hobby-horse.

While I took the photograph, Jane is the talented one responsible for both posing the dolls and calling me outside to see what they were up to.

Teddy

16. What a great picture! They play together so well don't they?

17. They get on so well - it's a shame they live so far apart.

Teddy

18. Thank you so much Teddy. I love it when Edith and Arin get to play together. And I agree..........it is such a shame they live so far apart *sigh*

19. How did your pictures come out, Jane?

Teddy

20. I have just this minute looked at them and I have a lovely one of Arin on the trike and lots like yours. I am thrilled with them all.
      And I really liked how you had wired Arin! He was an absolute dream to pose........wow!