1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly Birthdays

Jun 19, 2011

1. I celebrate them, but only BJDs...I also have Jun Planning dolls. I celebrate the day they arrived. :) For Stormy's first birthday I got her a couple of sweaters! next year I want to make her a tiny cake (Probably gonna be a cupcake!) :D

2. i don't think it's wrong to celebrate thier birthdays! i celebrated the day they arrived home as thier true birthday, and my first boy just celebrated his first birthday. really, i just buy them clothes or plan a wig or something for them. like a regular gift to a person.
      my second boy shares a birthday with me. :) so hey, it works out, right?

3. My dolls have birthdays that fit their character and have nothing to do with their arrival.

Most get a "Happy birthday" or maybe a cake (if I want an excuse for cake...) but Amir and Loki (my first 2) get spoiled with cake, gifts, pix, and if i'm going out they day, they go with me. Others may get gifts, depending on how long I've had them and if I have the money at the time.

4. I did back when I didn`t have so many dolls. I note it when they`re birthday comes up, but I won`t buy cakes or anything.

But Chirol is the exception as all of my friends enjoy her presence and spoil her on her birthday.

5. My boy arrived a day after my Bday, so I plan on him just sharing my bday with me. I think it's sort of cute to see other people take pics and do stuff for their dolls, but I may just keep it low key. I also don't want to loose Marc in the birthday travels, as I am going to be out and about on my Bday. He'll probably stay home and guard the cake, booze, and gifts. lol

6. We've always celebrated the day they arrived home as their birthdays and they always get a little present. Not that they don't get presents all the time - Ed talked us into getting him a pet goat last month!

7. Normally my dolls birthdays are on the day that the doll arrived home. Since I haven't had both of my dolls for a full year yet, I am planning to celebrate their first birthdays! My first doll arrived on my birthday, so I think it's cool that we share a birthday :)

8. So far, I have recorded down the dates that I bought them or arrived at my house. I do plan on doing at least one celebration, but not by myself, I'll be getting as many of my local doll group members to join as possible to make it a bigger social gathering!

9. My doll, I just bought it on the 16th of Aug so it actually haven even reach a 1 month yet. LOL So no idea on how to actually celebrate thier birthdays for him :sweat

10. Nope, don't celebrate. I keep forgetting their "birthdays" - but I keep forgetting my father's birthday date, too, and gotta ask my Mum every single year. Bad with numbers, I guess.

I will use their "birthdays" as an excuse to get new doll-clothes or whatever, though (just lik Christmas). :D

11. Do you celebrate them? of course :D what fun is it giving them a birthday if you dont celebrate them XD;

What day do you celebrate (day you bought them, day they arrived, day they were "completed")? Well for my boy Hector is the Day he came home :D and for my other dolls it will be the same unless they are a floating head, im still debaiting on how that one will work XD;

what do you do for them if anything? buy him presents and sing happy birthday to him lol ok not really XD; but i do buy him presents :D

12. To be honest, I tried originally remembering the day I brought them home, but over the years I've forgotten when that was :sweat

I'd like to give them birthdays but I don't really know when/where I'd start *lol*

13. I haven't decided if I want my lil' dudes to have birthdays on the day I open them, or maybe assign them a day, but I will certainly buy them things. Dunno about a party, but a little personal moment with them would be nice and just special enough for us I think.

14. I tend to give my boys a birthday which is the same as their arrival date. However, for cosplay dolls like L from Death Note, they will follow their original characters' birthday. I try to remember their birthday... but I have a tendency to forget lol. I am still just one year into the hobby so most of my dolls have not hit their "one-year" birthday yet, so, no celebration for now. >_< But I would love to in the future, like getting them a little present (new outfit/accessories?) and perhaps spending a little special moment with them, like having a photoshoot. But I guess this depends on whether I have time to. lol.

15. I also use the arrival date for a doll's birthday, except for Lydia. Her birthday is the day that I ordered her. It was kind of a big deal, since I flew out to LA just for the day to visit Volks and go through the FCS process. (She didn't actually arrive for another 3 months.)

16. Most of my dolls have birthdays according to their stories, but one of them has a birthday that I based off the arrival date (I have a list of their arrivals somewhere..). Usually, I'll buy a cupcake to celebrate.

17. Like some others, I haven't had my doll a full year yet. However, I've made up a birthday for my doll to fit better with the story I have for her (she's more of a Scorpio then a Gemini anyway XD) which I might celebrate. Haven't made up my mind yet ^^

18. My doll's birthday is the day that appears on his certificate of authenticity but I don't celebrate it.

19. To be honest, despitehaving complex background stories and all, most of my dolls lack birthdays yet. Only three of them have such a date, and it comes from their background story and has mostly to do with their Zodiac sign. But now that I read this thread... I am going to go and define their special days now ^^
      I didn't celebrate the birthdays of the dolls that have them yet anyway, though.

20. No, I don't celebrate birthdays for my crew. I have a hard enough time keeping everyone's names straight! But I sort of think of their birthdays as the days upon which they arrived at my home. I can't remember the specific dates for any of them though!