1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly Birthdays

Jun 19, 2011

1. nope cannot keep track of them LOL LOL

2. I write on all my calendars my dolls' birthdays. :) All of my pre-existing characters don't have birthdays already so when they arrive/are complete with body and head, that day will be their birthday!

3. I have an ongoing document on my computer where I list all the doll birthdays (which are usually either the day of arrival, the day of order placement, or a rough estimate based on what I think is the month I got them in the case of the earlier ones... XD) I like them to have birthdays, and since I usually have two dates to pick from for each doll, I like that it's kind of random ;)

4. I considered the birthdays of my BJDs when I put in my arms, 12.6.2011 and 08.03.2011:aheartbea

At home: Erick (Don-Ring Doll) Lee Hwang (Luke # 1 DOD)
      Waiting: Eris head (Ordoll & Nyxdoll)
      www.flickr.com/photos/lukca/

5. My doll's "birthday"/arrival date was yesterday and I completely forgot. I'd wanted to do some kind of photo shoot (which I guess I can still do) about it, but there was too much stuff getting in the way.

The shoot will have to wait even longer because I have no props for it, also.

Update: It is now nearing the end of October, and I haven't done anything.

6. Yes! Personality reasons I gave the characters with the corresponding horoscope signs! June 23 for my Cancer who has Gemini qualities in him, August 27 for my little Leo girl, October 31, for my wise young bat boy Scorpio, and I have a doll who's birthday is undecided because he has such an ambiguous personality :)

Thats funny, July 14 is my birthday xD

7. I don't celebrate their birthdays, no, but I know approximately how long I've owned a doll.

8. my doll is just one month old XD I wanted to celebrate her birthday on her arrival day, but now I'm thinking to share it with mine, so that I can buy her a present (that is also a present for me because I love to buy her clothes! XD)! anyway I'll decide next year! XD

9. I'm terrible at remembering anyone's birthday. I usually remark that Saif's happened since June 13 is easy to remember for some reason. But I don't usually give them a birthday party or something.

10. For my dolls their birthdays are their arrival dates, because it's usually the first time I got to see them in person. :) But I am getting a vampire Littlefee faceplate with my Fairyland order and her birthday will be once I get her a body and the rest of her head.

11. Nope, don't celebrate them - can't even remember the actual dates I picked for their "birthdays". I go by the years that I got them. (Can't believe it's a good three and a half years that I got my first doll ...) And even that's getting difficult, the more dolls I get. *lol*

12. Though I just got my first doll, I'm looking forward to celebrating her birthday. I want to have a birthday photoshoot, maybe make a cupcake cake (so I can eat it), and get her something like some clothes. Really just an excuse to take pictures, eat cake, and buy stuff! :3

13. i haven't had my doll for a year yet, but it's getting incredibly close! I'm not sure what i'll do yet, but i'll defiantly do something! Maybe i'll buy something for him, or make something.:)

14. I love the idea of celebrating my doll's birthdays! Simon's birthday is based on his character, so I'll do something special for him in the spring. My other two girls don't have solidified characters yet, so I'll have to work on that. :) I can see that as a way to keep my spending somewhat consolidated (or have it be an excuse to go overboard that particular month lol).

15. As characters, they already have birthdays when they arrive. If I have a doll who wasn't based on a character, I give them one based on their personality. (I'm way into that stuff, birthdays having meanings and all.)
      But I also celebrate the day they arrived. My friend and I refer to that special day as an anniversary, not a birthday. They don't usually get things on their anniversary, but I do make it a point to find them something special for their birthday!

16. usually my dollies have birthdays on the day that they are unboxed :3

17. Oh dear xD i dont even remember my best friends birthdays!

18. Since I don't like celebrating my own birthday I don't celebrate my dolls' birthday. But they do have a birthday, as far as they know their day of birth.

19. I only remember my first doll's 'birthday', as it was New Years Eve when she arrived :) My little Goblet was a birthday present, and my DL Ku was a Christmas present... so I guess Goblet shares my birthday, and Ku is a Christmas baby?! The others I collected in parts, and adopted from the MP, so I didn't really keep track for them :sweat

20. Uhhhh, I have only one right now, though I do plan on doing this for the rest. I write down (in my phone) the day they arrive to me/the day I take them out of the box and I plan on celebrating next year <: Like uhhh get cake, take lots of pictures, make a birthday present for them (which I will do only if I am able to/not too busy/have somthing in mind haha). But yea, I do plan on celebrating my dollies' birthdays, for the time being hahaha.