1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly Birthdays

Jun 19, 2011

1. Only my first two dolls have set birthdays so far, and I only celebrate for my first, usually with a nice, properly set-up shoot. His birthday was randomly picked when I first got him and has nothing to do with the day he came. For his upcoming birthday, I got him a laptop and vodka. X3

2. I generally count their birthdays as their arrival date, but I wasn't so good at keeping track with my latest arrivals. I don't really do anything for them anyway, so I don't really know why it matters.

3. I don't celebrate birthdays, not for myself and not for my doll
      if I want to spoil her with wigs, clothes, eyes and shoes (and have the spare cash to do so) I'll do it regardless of what day it is (unless of course it's a holiday and the shops are not taking orders)

4. My doll's birthdays are the day they were ordered, since those are the days I have record of. I haven't had any doll for 1 year yet, so it's hard to say what I would do to celebrate.

5. My dolls' birthdays are their arrival dates, or in cases of completion for hybrids, the day they received their body. I do celebrate their birthdays (dedicate the whole day on them, clean them up, sew something for them, maybe give them a new faceup or something) but I don't always buy things for them.

6. The day a doll arrives home is what i make a note of as their birthday and mark it down and buy them a new item of clothing or something, but i'm not great at remembering, i always buy them something for Christmas though ;)

7. I base my doll of a character and thats how i determin their birthday. But i've yet to actually celebrate it. I dont find it odd at all, but im so indicisive to what i want to buy for a gift that i dont think i could make up my mind before it happends.

8. The characters on which my dolls are based have birthdays, and if I happen to be RPing them, they may celebrate with other characters. I don't do anything for their birthdays more than noticing the day on the calendar sometimes.

9. this hobby is all about having fun! at least for me, i have a 9 year old daughter that enjoys it along with me as much. we still haven gotten to do much with the doll i currently have at home because she is still in the process of "character construction" ( need to find and buy a couple of things) but we have planned a lot of activities once she is complete and the rest of the gang arrives, so i think celebrating their birthdays is going to be a blast! <3 i know she will enjoy it so much!!! and then again, that's another one of the reasons why i love this hobby, it allows me quality child with my child while i also enjoy something i like :D

10. birthdays for my are usually the day they arrive or if it's based on a character that characters birthday. and I like to buy something for them on their birthday if possible money wise!

11. My dolls' birthdays are their arrival dates and I like to celebrate with a photo-shoot. I don't always end up celebrating though, because both of my dolls arrived around exam time (April and August) so I often have other things to worry about. If I put their birthdays out of my mind to focus on school work, I often wind up forgetting about celebrating :sweat

12. The day my doll arrived becomes his birthday. I don't celebrate their birthdays but it sounds like a really cute idea. ^^ My wife and I are giving each other's dolls Christmas gifts this year, but only a few favorites, not to all of them.

13. I don't have a day or anything. But a season, yes. Or month. Something like that. =) And then it is the story that has a b-day, not the doll itslef.

But I do feel happier that usual on the day they arrived. I remember how happy I was then.

14. Arrival date is the date I chose for birthdays. But I think I may have forgotten exactly what day I got them because I remember I made up a date for one of them, haha poor thing.

15. All the dolls I want are characters from my storynovelthing and they all have set birthdays so I'll likely stick to those for the most part. Maybe I'll do special photos with the dolls on their arrival anniversary, but as I haven't had a doll for a year yet that doesn't matter to much to me right now.

With my characters I usually draw silly pictures for their birthdays.

16. If i would do it, it'd use arrival dates. But I wouldn't be throwing a big party, just some special piccus of that one doll in particular because it was his/her anniversary :3

17. I like to buy them at least a couple of clothing or accessories for their birthday, but then again I pretty much spoil him throughout the year so every month is their birthday lol

18. My girl's birthday is the day she arrived/I opened her, much like my (hopeful) future BJDs' will be! I normally just take a picture and take extra time that day to brush their hair and dress them nice, (based on my non-BJD dolls, like my pullips, because my girl has not celebrated her first birthday yet, it's in january!) and usually pay more attention to them. :)

19. What a sweet idea! I think I'll do that when mine arrives, I'll make "arrival" day the birthday so to speak. I don't know if I will do much special though, maybe get a new outfit. Depends on the wallet.

20. Since my girl was a roleplay character her birthday and her 'arrival' day would be completely different. I like to celebrate them with a cupcake and her favorite food or by going out to eat at her favorite place.