1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly Birthdays

Jun 19, 2011

1. All of my dolls have a birthday. Their birthday is the day I open them, which has been the day they arrive. :) However, because all my dolls have a character, the year they are born is not the year i get them.

2. Most of my dolls have birthdays based in the day when I received them, some have character-based birthdays. c:

3. I haven't really kept track on when my dolls arrived, but I'm thinking of giving them a birthday day according to their characters (so they have an horoscope that fits them) and maybe make some photos on how they would celebrate.

4. Mostly I've used arrival dates as b-days, unless it's a character based dollie :)

5. My characters birthday's aren't that important in the grand scheme of my storyline, so I don't even know what they are^^' and as for the dolls, I keep their arrival dates logged in a list in my blog, but I don't really "celebrate" any of them other than the first (and all he ever gets is new clothes and a photo-shoot)...both because he was first and still the most spoiled, and his arrival is the date I think of as my intro into the hobby, so it's kind of my doll-anniversary too. I remember some of the others (I have a few arrivals on my actual birthday, and one who came on Sept 11^^''') but other than me thinking "Oh, fillinblank is 5 now!! Maybe he needs a new faceup... D: " I don't really do anything for them, so it's not a birthday IMO.

6. My dolls are characters, and the birthday is whatever feels right to me. They all have character birthdays that have nothing whatsoever to do with the day they were created or shelled. Actually, I only remember the purchase dates of my first two, the rest didn't really matter to me. Strangely, if my dolls don't have character birthdays (which I memorize), I don't feel they're complete, and I lose interest. It's as important as having a name to me.

7. I decided that my doll's birthday would be the date on the certificate, mostly because it looks rather like a birth certificate. I will probably keep up the trend with any new dolls.

8. They have the birthdays of the character they shell, but there's also the anniversary/arrival date, which is just as important!

9. I was originally going to make Avalon's birthday the day he got home...But as I'm also darned to have a winter birthday I wasn't gonna make him deal with having a winter birthday. His birthday I decided so I can doubly celebrate 8D Is July 4th. So I can have an excuse to take him to the Fireworks with me.XD The anniversary of his home coming now THAT'S a different story. That will always be special.

He was my birthday present so he means a lot to me.

10. When I received my first doll I was surprised. Because the date in her certificate was my birthday! Now only she has birthday because I remember the date :lol:

11. I do plan on giving my dolls' birthdays (the day I opened up their box) because it seems special to me. :)

12. My first doll is already going to have a set birthday, because that is part of his character. I don't really plan on celebrating the birthday, because that would mean the doll ages. BJDs don't really age, if you know what I mean.

13. My dolls birthday is Valentines day, she arrived on that day so it makes sense to me.

14. no, my girl doesn't have a birthday
      I think that birthdays are unnecessary and don't even acknowledge or celebrate my own so my dolls definitely won't be given birthdays

if I have some spare time and/or money I will buy my girl new clothes or take her out somewhere for a photo shoot on the anniversary of when she arrived but I don't consider it her birthday

15. I saw my friend did birthday party for her favourite doll, it was quite cute !!

16. I choose the day that they arrived home :) my first girl is a Sagittarius because she arrived in December 4th. But I don't celebrate it...uhm...didn't think about it before.

17. All my dolls have "birthdays" because they're all based on my original characters. Their birthdays are in no way based on their arrival date, because the character each one of them is shelling was already a pre-existing character with a backstory and details. I don't actually do anything for their birthdays, but I just think it's an important detail for each character to have one.

As for their arrival dates, I guess that's sort of a birthday. It's a way for me to mark how long I've had each one of them with me. :)

18. Well my first doll definitely has an official birthday. He was my first doll, arrived 12.12.12, and it was the day I was laid off. So it was super special.

My other guys - I'm going to see when they arrive and how important the day is - but I plan to note the arrival date as their "birth date" on the bio's I have for them.

19. Most of my dolls have only vague birthdays based off of when they arrived: Aisling is May, Fionan is December. A few don't have birthdays, like Monica, and some have specific character based birthdays, like Genesis. Mostly the birthdays are just to keep track of how long I've had them rather than anything to do with the character.

20. i actually based my dolls' bday on their arrival date =)) except for my msd as her arrival date is the same with my yosd, kinda weird for me if they shared the same bday so I adjusted her bday. but still in the same month =)