1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly burnout?

Jul 7, 2007

1. Not so much with the dolls themselves, but I have found myself rather disenchanted with some of the peripherals of the hobby. Meetups, DoA, that sort of thing - most of this I'm finding myself spending less time on or caring about less. However, I am attributing this to the last six months or so, which were filled with two highly stressful moves and other peripheral events that've left me with no time for much of anything besides eating, sleeping, and work. I've just been too wrapped up with the real world and the dolls themselves had to become a secondary priority.

This said, though, I unpacked my dolls from their carrier last week and made them a place on a bookshelf near my bed because I missed the little buggers so. And tonight I spent a few hours sewing wefts on a new wig for my first doll, and it felt good. I'm just going to let things go how they will [and I'm still saving for the next one :sweat]

2. Oh, burnout is possible. But maybe it would help if you didn't go too crazy so you got tired of it all.

I've been pretty obsessive about BJDs since I started in 2004. No burn-out yet, although there are times when I'm not quite as insane as I could be about things. I'm still pretty crazy about BJDs, though! I think it'll continue for quite a long time, judging by how it'd gone so far! *_*

3. I had to beg for my first doll for 3 years before I got one!! I actually had to bring it up to my husband every day! Now that I've had them for a few years I know that I won't burn out- I had to go through to much to get them!!

4. im definatly going through a bit of a burnout stage. it seems like the only thing my girlfriend and i are talking about is dolls (shes WAY more into the hobby than me) and im starting to get bored. also i've ran out of msc and can't do anymore faceups right now. i don't think i'll ever get rid of my dollies but im kinda taking a break. i still mess with my doll everyday though....

5. I think a good thing to do is to just take break for a while, to help avoid a burnout. Its what I do every so often. Its like with alot of things. I do it with drawing also to avoid getting an art block, or from getting too tired of it.

I havent had a burnout, but I have taken a few breaks over the few years Iv been in the hobby.

6. I took this last year a bit "off" from the dolls. I added to the family, got them stuff, but less photo stories and such. Now I feel that we're coming back together.

Other hobbies have ebbed and flowed, dolls are just another life long hobby.

7. I spent much of this year kind of not feeling the BJD love, while unfinished dolls languished in their boxes or on shelves. :( Mostly I attribute it to health problems and work stress. But then I found new homes for some of my dolls at Y-con, and I think that seeing how happy they made the people who bought them really energized me and brought back my love for the hobby. Still battling with the health and the job stress, but now it seems like BJD-love is what sustains me when things are otherwise rough. :aheartbea