1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly Cross-Dressing

Sep 11, 2007

1. It may not be your taste, and it may be a stereotype, but you're kidding yourself if you think such people don't really exist. Just because something gave rise to a stereotype doesn't make it any less real. That's like saying the Jersey Guido does not exist merely because it is a hideous stereotype. But the Jersey Guido is real, and so are those Rainbow Brite kids... it's San Francisco, nobody bats an eye... I see them on the bus or the subway now and then. Maybe being out-loud-and-proud is all new to them, & they're really enthusiastic about it. Maybe they're suburban kids on a day trip the big city, & they want to wear everything they can't wear at home. Maybe they just really like the Kandy-Kid or Neon '80s Revival looks. Who knows. I never bother to ask. They seem just happy the way they are. And if someone's doll is one of those characters, who am I to say they're not allowed to do it, merely because it's been done before?

2. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      Children play dress up all the time, and some children are even trans at an early age. is it wrong? no. If it's being fetishized, that could be problematic for some people. Personally, they are just dolls/toys, and no one is being hurt, so I really don't care. it's their doll, and if someone doesn't like whats being portrayed, they can simply just not look.

b] when cross dressing how far does one go? Does one leave it to feminine clothing/face-up? or does one go all the way?
      I have one crossdressing boy, because well...I'm a crossdressing boy. I just bought him a skirt and little stockings. He keeps his shirt open, his faceup is soft, but still male. Idk, depends on the character for me.
      c] Is it wrong to post pictures of your cross-dressers?
      Uhm...why would it be?

3. A) I dont think its wrong because there are underage cross-dressers
      B)I think its up to the person who owns the doll
      C)Not at all

4. I don't find anything unethical or wrong about it myself. In doll or in real life, my one boy Aya I cross-dress him all the time. His default face up just makes it so easy and the fact he has a smaller body doesn't help, I found tossing him in anything really masculin looks odd and often times turns out for horrible photos ^^ so he gets more dresses and skirts than pants.

5. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      Please! Everything should not automatically be sexualized! There are kids who play dress-up in clothes, or who dress up for Halloween. And there are kids who identify with the opposite sex and dress accordingly. It is not all evil-pervy-disgusting child pron! Maybe it is for SOME people, but they need to get their minds out of the gutter, I think.

So, NO, it is not necessarily unethical or wrong in any way, unless it is in a particular person's mind (which they need to take out of the gutter). And one person's opinions do not mean everyone get censored!

b] when cross dressing how far does one go? Does one leave it to feminine clothing/face-up? or does one go all the way?

Totally up to the individual... As it SHOULD be! Others MAY not feel the same, but fortunately they don't rule the world.

Why the heck should it be wrong??? If someone has some personal objections, then they are free not to look!

And, again, not everything is about sex, unless the person makes it about sex. There are plenty of other reasons for cross-dressing. AND--even if it IS about sex, then just don't look if you're sensitive to that kind of thing. But usually it's just a guy in a dress.

Trousers/pants used to be ONLY for guys, but now women wear them all the time. Is that unethical or wrong??? It still is in some cultures... but do we all have to follow their rules? Does that make the women who wear jeans wrong? I hope not!

I guess I'm really not getting where this is coming from...

X-dressing by itself may suggest things, but it isn't pron unless there is something else going on that is not related to merely dressing up.

People here already put "Not Work Safe" notices, AND R-rated stuff and beyond is not allowed. And usually the NWS is just for a partially unclothed doll, (which I happen to think is ridiculous, since it's a fricking piece of resin. I hate when idiots start putting covers over artwork and statues, too. The naked body is something everyone has and it isn't all about sex, and these images aren't even real naked people!... but don't mind my rant). Most people can't tell it's a boy bjd wearing a dress anyway! So I can't see where the problem would come in...

I hate to think that just every little thing that might offend some person in the whole wide world would cause everyone to have to start censoring things--because then we would be all wrapped up and showing nothing to anyone. :(

6. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      I guess it really needs to be established how you're defining "cross-dressing." Most literally cross-dressing is dressing in the clothing typically associated with the opposite gender, generally for entertainment purposes or sexual gratification. I saw a few comments being made about trans individuals, and in some cases this may apply but for the most part cross-dressing would not apply to transgendered of transexual individuals as they usually (but not always of course) dress in the fashion associated with their gender.

So looking at it from a very literal point of view, excluding contexts of representing a trans character as it more often than not wouldn't be cross-dressing, I still don't really find anything wrong with it. Children dress-up, they play, they discover themselves in all sorts of ways. Now if it's being done for the sexual gratification of the doll's owner... that's just kind of um, strange. And should probably be something discussed with a qualified individual.

I don't actually understand this question. What exactly is involved in "going all the way"? Are we talking about modding the doll to be the opposite sex? Because It doesn't really fall under cross-dressing then either. And if that is or isn't what's meant, either way I say one goes in the direction with their doll that they choose to.

Yes. Just like it's wrong to post photos of women in pants. Or babies in non-gender conforming colours. Or boys playing with My Little Ponies. It is oh so very wrong... /sarcasm

7. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      Nahh. I think it could be cute to see a little boy stood in his mum's heels, or being harrased with playing make-up by his sisters. Full cross dressing would seem a little odd to me, but hey, it happens in real life. It's not like the 'child' character is in any danger. I suppose if the character was forced to do it then that would be another issue entirely. Also, underage is 15 and under where I live. If you tried to lecture a 17 year old cross dresser over here they'd probably punch you in the face.

My Hid has a feminine face-up but he's not a cross dresser. I think it's really up to the doll owner.

No. To me it's a bit like seeing a goat with a hat on. I might blink and go "huh?" but I won't get upset or out raged. To each their own.

8. I actually have some ideas for a full blown high show drag queen, just haven't figured out the sculpt I want. And the doll will be male, and everything else will be over the top stage show costumes, even if I have to figure out the shapewear padding from scratch at that scale. Maybe it's because I grew up on stage and in dance, but I love, love, LOVE over the top drag queen style.

9. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      I'm not 21 yet, and I've been a crossdresser my whole life (at least, the part I've been dressing myself, and choosing what I wear). I don't think dressing how you feel comfortable is wrong.

Since when was cross dressing just males dressing like females? And it depends on how you feel most comfortable.

No, it's wrong to have views that you shouldn't. It makes you a very close minded person to say a person, or a TOY, can't dress a certain way.