1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolly Cross-Dressing

Sep 11, 2007

1. As a person who has many drag-queen and transgendered (specifically M to F) friends, including one M to F who has lived as a woman for over 20 years without any artificial intervention (ie surgery, hormones), and one drag queen who has been in a stable marriage to another man for 11 years, I feel truly that they are just the same as you or me, deserve the same rights and dignity, and I don't see anything immoral or unethical about it and BTW I am a religious Catholic (and no, I don't think I am a hypocrite so don't even go there).
      As far as the dollies go, I think the mistake people make is seeing something inherently sexual in cross dressing. Sometimes it's not all that. Sometimes it's just fun, sometimes it is sexual. What's the difference between a sexy TG or DQ or a "heterosexual" doll?
      I had one of my dollies whose character was a straight cross dresser. He wasn't right for me, but I'm planning the boy who is going to replace his character for next year (a Leeke Mikael BTW, looks just like David Johanssen.)
      The only other thing I have to contribute to this Debate is that I know in the transgender world, M to Fs that are in their "female" guise want to be referred to as "she" so those of you who cross dress thier boys should know not to be offended if someone calls your boy she.

2. I think the option of cross-dressing is all up to the owner of the doll. I have no problems if someone wants to dress their little boy to a girl or a girl ot a boy~ I actually applaud it, because they are exercising their right to do what they want with an expensive doll. And like Stella Maris and others said people might mistaken your doll for the other gender...So just go along with it and don't get offended. This goes with humans aswell..The only problem I DO have with guys to girls is that sometimes I will call them "he" instead of "she"..

3. RE: Personally for me, crossdressing boy dolls IMHO, should never be something in the middle. I knew someone who actually did that to their dollfie (won't say who), and I thought the doll looked absolutely ridiculous. If you crossdress your boy doll, I think it should either:

Be Fabulous: In other words, if your boy doll really does look like a girl, and people can't tell the gender of your doll, then you've done your job. :) To me, I think it's really cool when people don't question whether your doll is a boy or a girl and they accept him or her. :)

Be Slapstick: Let's just say for example if your boy doll has a beard, or a mustache, or some other masculine part that is visible to the naked eye (not the unmentionables), and you crossdress the doll, we get the joke. It's obvious that the doll isn't really a girl, and it's just a way to be silly. I love it; I find it hilarious. :)

However, let's just say that you have a bishounen boy doll that couldn't pass for a girl, and doesn't have any slapstick bits or anything, I'm not amused at all. I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel in my opinion, and you can disgree as much as you want with me on that. I find it disturbing, I find it unimaginative, and I find it unattractive. :ablah:

Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject. *shrugs*

4. Karol: if you feel this thread is unecessary then why did you answer the questions. Also if they are "dolls" to you then how can your tiny have a "preference"?

Stella: Props to you...I love seeing other Catholics who are out of the "mold" :D

Hey...i look at the pretty dresses...not who's wearing them!!!!

5. I don't understand why some people get mad when they crossdress their doll and then people refer to it as the wrong sex. Believe it or not most people have been raised under the impression that girls wear certain things and boys wear certain things. Calling a boy that looks like a girl a girl and vice versa is an honest mistake, just correct them politely and brush it off.

As for me I do think crossdressing is wrong and disturbing. I cringe when I can't tell the gender of a person right off the bat. But I have no right to tell people what to do, so I ignore crossdressers when I can. Makes the world a better place when people like me don't say anything and let alternative lifestyle people do as they wish.

6. This right here really disturbs me, mostly because if the person is transgendered they don't have a guise. They were born the wrong gender, so if you think of your female friend as a male when she is not dressed as a woman you are only insulting her because she is a woman all the time.
      Also, a cross dresser doesn't have to be gay or transgendered (actually, it wouldn't be cross dressing if they were transgendered, but that could get off topic).

As for the original post-
      I don't find cross dressing unethical, at any age, so long as it is not sexualized. If they want to stick a boy in a skirt and call it cross dressing, they are welcome to.
      I don't think it's wrong to post pictures, just like it's not wrong to post gay dolls. Just post warnings for those who want to avoid it.

I do think though that there are a lot of people have cross dressing dolls that are just so effeminate that they would be better off buying a girl doll. I mean usually, even if a guy cross dresses, he's still a guy.

7. You know...this thread surprises me in some ways.

First, we should all be aware that crossdressers do not always equal transgendered people.

Second, I'm reading opinions that seem less about dolls crossdressing and more about crossdressers in general (human-type crossdressers to be specific). I'm not sure if that's suitable for this place. Personally, on a doll or in real life, I'm fine with crossdressing. In the end, female and male clothing is something defined by society and as the human race progresses, all these definitions change in some way.

Another thing I would like to add is that I personally don't need crossdressing dolls to look 100% like the opposite gender. That's not what crossdressing is about anyway. In the same way, I don't need a female doll to look extremely girly or a male doll to look supremely manly for me to be able to admire them as long as they look good.

8. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      Not really. i've seen ssome effemme yo-boys who gets "dressed" once in a while for fun. And as for myself, I have a 12-year old crossdressing goth loli boy who i'd love to make a doll of.

b] when cross dressing how far does one go? Does one leave it to feminine clothing/face-up? or does one go all the way?
      Usually crossdressing for me is in the dressing. My Jade's faceup i girly as is.

c] Is it wrong to post pictures of your cross-dressers?
      Not really for me. It might offend some people, but not many on this board i think.

9. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      I see nothing wrong with it as long as you they aren't sexualized or being objectified.

b] when cross dressing how far does one go? Does one leave it to feminine clothing/face-up? or does one go all the way?
      It's not my cup of tea for my dolls style-wise, but I really think it's no big deal. This is one of those "to each his own" things. As long as you aren't creating minors as sexual beings - play "dress up" with them however you like. I can remember putting my Ken dolls in Barbie dresses, they weren't a good fit, but it was funny.

Again, as long as you are not putting them in sexual situations, go for it.

10. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      No, people do it all the time. I've seen parents do it to their kids so why not on their dolls?

It's really all up to the owner. I don't see it as a big deal unless it gets into bondage. Then, I'd feel a bit disgusted but not outraged. I would never crossdress any of my dolls.

Sure, why not. If people don't like it, they're not forced to see it.

11. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      No. I don't think it's wrong, as they are DOLLS.

It depends really on the owner. I think dolls should be let to be modeled as the owner likes. If the "liking" offends people, then don't show it to other people.

People can always stop looking. We have a piece of skin ontop of our eyes to help us stop looking..

I myself am built in a... not so normal way. If I wear a loliskirt and a frilly shirt, people say I look really cute and sweet. But if I go to the streets in slobby, old jeans, a loose shirt and a messy haircut, people think I'm a man.
      I'v grown up with this and all my clothes are categorized like that too. There are clothes for my girldays and my boydays. I'v always thought myself to be in the wrong body, but I think that even if I would be a man, I would still wear skirts atleast once a week :3nodding:
      So I think that the people who own dolls should consider themselves free to do what they wish with their dolls. No one should have the right to go say "That's nasty and a no-no" or something. As long as it doesn't offend others, it should be okay. I think that goes for crossdressing in GENERAL. Sheesh 83

12. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?

When it comes to dolls can you really say for sure how old they are? It's the owner that decides, unless it's a tiny doll or something like that, so that's quite relative, the same mold can be made into a 300 year old vampire or a 15 year old girl :lol: Anyway... I don't consider it unethical so long as it's not sexual in any way.

Go all the way? Like body modifications? Why not? Dolls imitate reality.

Naaaaaaaaaa. I've seen some very sexy crossdressing dolls, I like the aesthetics and I have nothing against that choice of life (for real people). So long as it isn't sexual it doesn't bother me at all.

13. So I have several questions on this topic, but instead of turning into a big snarly debate, I would prefer to hear your personal opinion on one or more of these questions.

a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      -A little controversy never hurt anyone. But if people want to get technical and speculative about the rights and wrongs of dressing dolls, saying something like "creating bad ideals for age groups" etc, one can always say that dolls don't have an age and arguments like this are pretty null. They're not bloody people.

b] When cross dressing how far does one go? Does one leave it to feminine clothing/face-up? or does one go all the way?
      -Not into crossdressing dolls myself, but it seems like there's an obvious division between 'all the way' and 'just feminine clothing'. I don't know if there's a way one -should- do it, but it looks as if they're just two different styles that people prefer.

If the eye offends, pluck it out, I guess. Sometimes it seems the first amendment isn't clear enough for some.

14. - is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?
      To me cross dressing dolls or humans is totally wrong, unless of course it's like a Halloween costume or something temporary for a gag. But I know that kids do it when playing. When I was little, my friend and I used to dress up our Ken dolls in Barbie's clothes as a joke.

- when cross dressing how far does one go? Does one leave it to feminine clothing/face-up? or does one go all the way?

I think that if you want a feminine doll in girl clothes, then you should get a girl doll. I don't know, it's just too weird to me. I saw a drag queen once on a trip to New Orleans and it totally freaked me out.

- Is it wrong to post pictures of your cross-dressers?
      If it's just for play and to be funny or as gag or Halloween, I don't see anything wrong with it, but if the person is totally serious about it, I think they need to keep it private.

15. I love crossdressing. In person and in dolls :P.
      I dont see a problem if it is all safe to age ratings, and all is covered what is needed to be covered.

16. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing? Since dolls have no "real" age this is a hard question to answer. I would say that it's ok as long as the doll isn't clearly a child or young teenager.

b] when cross dressing how far does one go? Does one leave it to feminine clothing/face-up? or does one go all the way? My boy doll wears feminine clothes and wigs sometimes. Right now he's wearing a long bright pink wig and pink boots. I also will put my girl dolls in masculine clothes, like suits. My AOD boy and DZ girl wear eachothers clothes and wigs a lot.

c] Is it wrong to post pictures of your cross-dressers? not at all. as long as you follow the general rules for posting content.

17. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?

I don't see why not. There's so very many different situations that might come from simple an 'underage dolls cross-dressing'. As so many people have said, plenty of little children love to play dress up in their parents clothing, it's just a play of make believe and there's no harm in it. However, if you mean 'underage' as in teenagers, I also see absolutely no problem with it. Personally, I sometimes find gender rules when it comes to clothing at the very least, to be a little ridiculous. How many years ago was it unheard of, or considered 'cross-dressing' for a woman to wear pants? Now look around. Women in suits are quite normal. We don't consider that abnormal now. So why should it be any different if a teenage boy wants to be made up in a dress or a girl feels like getting comfy in corduroy overalls? Dressing in a certain way does not have to imply anything, if that is what makes people uncomfortable, and while I also don't think cross-dressing as a way to explore ones sexuality is wrong either, I'm pretty sure that's a different topic.

As it sounds like you're more so focusing on the aspect of boys cross-dressing as a girls and not the other way around, I'll draw from my own personal experience with my own cross-dressing boy. For me, it's all about the individual dolls character, because everyone, including my characters, has their own limit for what they feel comfortable in and what they want to do. Since my boy doesn't like to cross-dress all the time, only when he is in certain moods, I keep it mostly to clothing. His face-up and hairstyle are pretty adrogynous in my opinion, although to some it may seem more feminine than masculine. I think that's up to interpretation.

Personally, absolutely not.

18. I was planning on making my future doll cross dress anyway...
      But how would it be wrong to have pictures of "underage" dolls crossdressing?
      O_O seriously. It's like saying a globe is disgusting because some country on there is shaped like a boot. (right?)

19. God. When I go back and read this I feel so silly. :doh

20. a] is it unethical/wrong to picture "underage" (that means 21 for me) dolls cross-dressing?

-i believe the whole issue with underaged things is that underaged children are not capable of making rational decisions for themselves and thus are prone to exploitation, and tat's the ethnic concern. but these are dolls we're talking about...i doubt they'll be damaged if they were crossdressed XD in fact the smaller they are (BB size being smallest?) the cuter they look crossdressing - -

- i've had a friend who picked up two cute boy dolls, and except being too lazy to change the face up, cross dressed the two as Suigintou and Shinku from Rozen Maiden including the victorian style girl's underwear...

- I can see why some religious ppl don't approve of gay marriage because the bible says it's wrong, but even the bible has nothing to say about crossdressing. (or am I wrong...?) XD