1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone 1/3 Girls Clovera, Violeta, Morphoa, Beetta Discussion

Jul 16, 2009

1. I think that I just want the outfits more than the girls. I find them so adorable. Dunno if I like the new immature girls themselves though.

2. I think Beeta is great! Remeniscent of Reiko. I like Violetta too- but then I like mean looking girls :) LOL!

3. I LOVE their oufits! Hmm, I wonder if they'd fit an SD10. :D

Dollzone's sculpt style seems to have changed recently, and I must say that these newer sculpts are wonderful quality. They are really not to my taste though, I much prefer the "pointier" style faces without the big bow-shaped lips. I'm sure many people will be ordering and loving these sweet girls though! ^_^

4. I completely agree. But then again I also prefer older looking sculpts on 1/3 size dolls. I haven't liked this years new dolls near as much as the older ones. :(

5. clovera is nowon my list. i need about 2,000 more dollars, until i order another one, tho.

6. i love clovera. too bad shes expensive and i have no mony. im spending the mony i will get soon on a head. the girls all look a little childish, which is pretty unique, and makes me want them more!

ack! double post! hadnt realized it until now!

7. I love Violeta the best. She is just adorable! Unfortunately, I cannot buy her right now. ~Gus

8. Dollzone seems to be making some very... interesting... design choices lately. :huh?:

I noticed their change in aesthetic in the latest MSD releases, Lola 1 & 2 and Aaron 1 & 2, and then X-3. I am not really a fan of this aesthetics change, it just doesn't feel "Dollzone" to me...

And the release of these girls really helped me nail down the new aesthetic... All these newer dolls seem to echo Doll in Mind and Dollmore, with a goth edge, in sculpt and photography/clothing design/faceup painting etc... Interesting, like I said, but kind of odd and I miss the "classic" Dollzone with the previous releases like the Silver Fox Yuu fullset, the stylish Lolita-esque Yage and Orlando fullsets, the punk Cherry fullset.... The older sculpts had their flaws but I wish DZ would just refine their own sculpt techniques instead of doing this crazy 360-degree change.

These new girls have their merits, but I'm not really a big fan of childish SD size dolls and Violeta especially is very... strange and different from typical DZ. I'm all for interesting new concepts and looks, and I'll be looking forward to seeing owner pics of these girls, but they aren't for me.

9. Caracco - you're right - it is the existing body.

I guess these gals aren't to everyone's taste. Luckily they are all that I have ever loved about Dollzone and then some!. LOL - I have 2 Wilkas and a Saka and it's that pouty mouth and chubby cheeked look from Dollzone that I have always loved. I don't think think they are going a totally different way - I guess they are going more the pouty, chubby look though rather than the pointy angular way (like Yuu for example).

10. I'm kind of disappointed by the faces. They seem more childish than I expected of a 1/3 doll. They have similar faces to some tinies that I've been seeing lately, which kind of surprised me. I do love the shape of the eyes in the new sculpts, but the squashed chin does not appeal to me. Chins and jaws are two of the things I am very picky about.

Their outfits however are to die for. They are so completely adorable that it makes me want to buy them all.

11. I love their "cute dolly" look and long bodies. The outfits are crazycute!
      I'm just worried that they'll have the same problem their new 1/4 girls had... fat necks and no chin/jawline! :-P That was really disappointing to me because I thought the faces adorable otherwise.

I'll definitely be looking for owner pics first.

Raven

12. well the fishy mouth must be fairly popular, as there are many dolls with it. i think bug-like dolls are cute too!(beeta's way cute)

13. Violeta's my favorite, actually. But, then I was always fond of the Notdoll Lab girls who also have very distinctive mouths, lol.

14. I'm seriously wondering what the deal is with the companies coming out with 1/3 and larger little girl dolls. I mean, I love Dollzone - but suddenly all their dolls look like pre-adolescents. Violetta, in particular.....I'm torn between thinking she looks like a constipated three year old or a child mimicking their slutty mother's face?

The last one just looks like a bigger poutier Felian.

Morphoa would be alright - in 1/4 scale, but why make her 1/3?

I've always loved Dollzone, but wow, I'm seriously disappointed and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

15. I don't think this is a design 360 for Dollzone. I almost think this is the culmination of a lot of DZ sculpts from the past like Mo and Megi and a few of the others who had this extreme severity and sharpness to their faces which I always liked a lot. It's like they've been honing their style for awhile now and they're finally hitting their stride.

16. Personally, I approve of the new style. These are the first DZ to catch my eye. I like that their style is now softer, more rounded, and the mouths aren't so wide across any more. I think they do look quite different from old DZ, but nonetheless I think it's a pretty unique look.

It's kind of like how Iplehouse made a big style change with their recent lines (and I thought it was an improvement in that case too); their sculpts retained a style distinct from other companies, but were more soft and nuanced than their early sculpts.

17. I really agree with this. I feel like DZ's sculptural changes are a step in the direction that appeals to me.

18. I really hate the new face that DZ seems to be trying to push with the big eyes and snooty {read: disgusting} lips. They're starting to look more childlike, too, which I dislike in larger dolls.

Oh, well. To those planning to order one, enjoy! :)

:hamster:
      Tacti

19. I can't believe how rude and insulting some people are being. If you don't like the sculpts then fine but do you have to be so nasty and awful about it!? Geez people - grow up - if all your going to do is be vicious and rude then why even bother to come into this thread and comment. Constructive criticism is one thing but to be plain rude is just immature. The people who sculpt dolls have feelings & they might be reading this thread.

20. I think Clovera is beautiful!

But I'm not as impressed with the other ones :\

i agree with Tacti, their a bit too child-like and the snooty lips... and I find Beeta's eyes a little oddly shaped.. I dunno, I love the clothing! xD But aside from Clovera, who I still think it a little too young looking for an SD, I'm justnot liking the new dolls as much...

I'm almost a little disappointed in DZ D8 But that's just my personal taste! (I wasn't trying to offend or anything!)