1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone 1/3 Girls Clovera, Violeta, Morphoa, Beetta Discussion

Jul 16, 2009

1. I love Dollzone, but I'm disappointed with these new sculpts. :( I was excited to hear that there were new girls, but I don't like them very much. They look like they ought to be minis instead of SD girls. Their clothes are nice, though. (See, I found *something* I liked about them. XD)

2. I am loving Morphoa as a fulset! :aheartbea

3. Aaah, they're just cute ;)

I really like Morphoa the best. I think they're a different look and that's fine--they still have all their older sculpts and I am pretty sure you can still order any of them. This softer style will appeal to new buyers and I think it's a good move for them. They have quite a lot to choose from now. And they come in tan. I want a tan doll and Morphea may just be the one.

edit: not so sure about the tan after reading about problems with spots and uneven color.

4. It's nice to see younger-looking larger dolls, we need more variety on that front. I get tired of all the big Barbie wannabees. These are like Dollfie Dream in sensibility, but they don't seem to have the gigantic boobies, which is nice... and on resin you can sand them down/off anyway!

Raven

5. Is it just me or do the new girls look a little DollInMind-ish?

Not that thats a bad thing. I think the DZ sculpters are really bringing on their skills. The girls are gorgeous. :)

6. http://www.doll-zone.com/showproduct.asp?id=159

Do you guys think this is the body they will come with?

Well for me these girls match to what I like a SD size doll with a younger face finally! and a younger body not too mature at least.
      I agree with a few that I really am tired of the long wait for this combo and happy to see it come.
      NOT every SD size doll needs to be mature!!! we lovers of younger faces like larger doll optionss too !

There are SO many mature girls and dolls for thoese that don't like these.

Love Love Clovera! for those that missed this! here she is showing off a cute green anime like outfit:
      http://www.doll-zone.com/showproduct1.asp?id=536

and also very much like Beetta :) she has the combo of all the face parts I love with not too sad a mouth and a fatter nose in that edge anime look how frickin cute!
      Showing off the playful yellow:
      http://www.doll-zone.com/showproduct1.asp?id=531

congrats Dollzone you just got my attention!! thanks so much for bringing these on!
      *** Question how long do they take from order to ship?
      I am hoping to wait till I see owner pictures as very hard as that will be.....

7. I love them! Clovera is my favorite, although I like the others as well and I am very happy about the new body. I have several large mature girls, but I love variety and am looking forward to seeing owner photos to make a final decision. I've been thinking of buying a younger large doll and one of these might be perfect.

8. I didn't notice it until the comments here, but what you guys are saying is totally true - younger faces on 1/3 size are making a comeback, both for boy and girl dolls.

First it was the vamp teeth/elf ears thing, then the tall dolls craze, then animal sculpts popped up everywhere, then realistic sculpts - and now it's back to cute little girl dolls which fit right in with the earliest type of bjd, the 4sisters mold (and its variations... I'm not sure which was the very very earliest). :D

I like this trend. I favor youngish or "doll-like" faces as opposed to more grown-up or realistic.

...I kind of wish Clovera had elf ears. I think they would suit her well.

9. Right Kogepan - moving back to the original
      Yeh elf ears would have been nice on her but her ears are a little bit large almost there :)

Um... well I like the smaller chested one. I bet you can order the smaller chested body instead?
      whats the difference between the two are the hands different too? the newer body (larger chest) seems to have more elegant hands? and more detailed feet?
      The mature body has double jointed knees - goes the smaller chested one?
      Does the smaller chested have double jointed elbows?

I am more into how the body looks than posability.

this was posted in the news area:
      ------------------------------------------------

Violeta, Clovera and Beetta have that body --> http://www.doll-zone.com/showproduct.asp?id=162
      Morphoa has --> http://www.doll-zone.com/showproduct.asp?id=159

My favourite one is Morphoa :3

------------------------------

10. I placed an order for a doll at the end of January and got it a couple of months later, but at that time they had some backlog from their holiday special. Probably this would be a better time to order.

It's funny, when Volks SDs were the norm, people used to complain that there were fewer mature options for 1/3 dolls, then that there were fewer mature options for 1/4 dolls. Now it's easy to find mature dolls in either scale, but I wish there were more youthful 1/3 dolls. A lot of those that exist are from companies that have been around forever and have always made them, whilst new companies seem to make more mature sculpts for 1/3.

The aesthetic does remind me of DIM, but also it seems a style related to Asian art doll trends. DIMs, Hypermaniacs, AiL Chloe, some of the Notdolls... With DM Lusion too being humongous and childlike, I wonder if we'll be seeing more larger youthful dolls. Maybe we've come full circle from Volks four sisters.

11. :) is a nice idea. I love hypers thats what my family mostly consists of. These have a little edge too them too though and a bit of anime attitude.

12. I cant decide if I want Violetta in pale or NS,
      so I played with colors.

[​IMG]
      I dunno, I think I like her more in pink^^

I know DZ has minimum 2 months wait time, I suppose even 3.
      Thats well... I calculated the earliest I can order my doll is September, so Ill get her November/Dezember, thats would be ok. But I dont want to get her later :(

Oh no even more decisions with bust size now >_<

13. I think she was born for pale skin! also I hear the pale skin is really nice. The normal looks quite pink to me on the site.

14. Updated the pic!
      I added more eyeshadow and vamp fangs XD, I think now its purfect <3
      I have DZ WS and ist greysh-yellow white. I mean when pink yellow will it not become nice normal skin color? XD

15. There beautiful. I wouldn't expect nothing less form Dollzone. But....these dolls just ain't me. They have nice clothes in all...but, yeah. My favorite SD girl sculpt from Dollzone is the original Cherry.

16. I think's Dollzone is getting better and better... I'll be in a trouble if they continue this.
      All girls are cute, me personal favourites are Clovera and Violeta (she has adorable mouth). I'm also in love with Clovera's shoes.

17. I'm thinking I might take the plunge and order Clovera and that green outfit... but I don't see them at Junkyspot yet? How do you order from DZ anyhow? XD

I don't usually like bigger dolls, but I think she'll be fun to try! And I agree with what's been said about the trend coming full circle... and it's about time!! I can understand why those happiest with DZ's older style are disappointed though.

Raven

PS Violetta reminds me of the Notdoll girls!! ^_~

18. Violeta appears to have teeth in that pouty mouth of hers! You can see them in her outfit photos.

...I...find myself needing a Beetta, for no real reason at all. XD She's just cute, and works for a character who I wasn't planning on making into a doll, but...she's so cute...and she'd probably look good with my Devil Drayton, who is the one she'd hang out with most...drat, I don't need another on the want list. :XD:

@ravendolls-- Junkyspot doesn't have them yet because Emory only lists dolls/items once he has them in stock, actually on hand. He will no doubt be getting them in eventually, but probably not for a month or two at the least. You can only buy DZ dolls through their dealers, and if you don't want to wait for Junkyspot to get them in you can order right now from Denver Doll Emporium or Featherfall as they are pre-order dealers.

19. Given how many attacks have been made against DZ in the past over copying and such I'm fairly sure they are thick skinned about commentaries. That said, my intent was not to be rude, but to be frankly descriptive about why I don't like the dolls - and the one in particular.

If you would prefer, then, her is my less descriptive, more analytical reason for not like Violetta in particular and the new "little girl" trend in particular.

1. Violetta, like the Lusion doll, looks like something put out either by Koitsukihime or almost any american porcelain victorian doll company. One of my main reasons for loving BJDs, and Dollzone in particular is that they DON'T look like something I can walk down the street and buy at the local store or off of television. So seeing how BJDs are starting to trend this way disappoints me.

2. The general Little Girl look of all four dolls would be awesome on 1/4 size dolls. I mean, can you imagine standing one of those next to a Hound or other more manly large BJD? I can and they would look like absurdly oversized little girls next to men.

3. Going back to Violetta the look of her face falls under one of two categories: pouty or sexual. I find pouty children to be annoying, so I don't really care for her in that category. As for sexual - in a face that is proportioned like a child I find it disturbing and not in a good way.

Last time I looked discussion threads are not meant to be praise only. If I'm wrong and we need to post our negatives elsewhere just let me know.

20. I've ordered a Beetta full set and the purple/blue outfit as a Birthday present. I've been told the wait will be around 40 days. Also you can choose which of the 58cm bodies you want (smaller bust or larger bust.) I can't wait to get her!! :) Now I'm starting to save up for Violeta.