1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone 1/3 Girls Clovera, Violeta, Morphoa, Beetta Discussion

Jul 16, 2009

1. Azraelita - I love how you've made her dark haired and the pale greyish tones of the clothes/eyes make her look so much better! Very cool! Thanks for the pic.

2. Thanks for that info, Acanthiel! I'm not used to ordering the latest thing, can you tell?
      I think I'll wait 'til they're in stock, seeing as I'll be waiting anyhow! XD :-P

Congrats phae_11 on your order!! Hmmm, only 40 days?

What to do, haha! Just be sure and post owner pics!!!

Raven

3. She has indeed something from Notdoll, but I like her more :P

thanks for this link, even more beautifull photos of her :fangirl:!
      Oh and her sweet teeth :D

Damn I still can decide if I want her NS or pale, maybe I need two :? :doh

Youre welcome phae_11, I was so curious how she'd look pale and stuff :lol:
      Congratz on ordering *jeaoulus is*!

Im curious if DZ offer custom face up? :lol:

4. Wow thats good analysis :thumbup, and I second the most parts.

IMO anyone is free to say what they want, I remember myself telling I found Soom Cuprit face "ugly" XD and new Iple chick "anorexic Akando face" :lol:.
      I mean there still a lot more people liking them.

I was thinking about Lusia doll too, and that made me like Violetta even more :lol:

3. about Violetta - had similar thoughts, but she looks more like stylized anime girl less real, so it might be ok. I mean the most anime/manga girls have young face and even big busts :doh but anyone already got used to it.

5. I really adore Beetta's sculpt and outfit, they're just so adorable.

6. I ordered my MO-2 set last year from Moggie and he was able to help me get a custom faceup though Dollzone. I just supplied a pic of what I wanted. So at least it was possible in March of 2008.

7. Thanks runawayrogue :D, I might see and ask them.
      I still cant decide if I want her like on the website pix :aheartbea or vampy *_*.
      Ill look to see owner pix of her first maybe^^

8. Clovera looks very nice. One thing I can say about DollZone, their dolls never look generic-pretty.

9. If Morphoa was 1/4 scale, esp. with a more immature body, then I'm afraid I would be in serious trouble with my credit card.
      Trying to figure out if one of the 1/4 faces corresponds to the Morphoa face.
      I would actually get a Morphoa- the new body is pretty immature- but such a childish look wouldn't fit with my other 1/3 dolls who are all mature looking.

As far as pre-ordering goes, I assume Emory at Junkyspot will be getting these girls and you may end up getting them around the same time as if you pre-order, because he never lists items he doesn't currently have in stock, and once he does list them, he ships the orders out the same/next day.

The other thing I'm wondering is what kind of goodies DZ will come up with for their Christmas special? I hate ordering a doll and then a month later the doll company comes out with a give-away. Seems like I always manage to order at just exactly the wrong time to miss out on the extras!

10. I agree with circquemom, if morphoa was 1/4 i'd be SO screwed.

But I dont like the Other girls.. I'm not saying it's bad for people to like them.. ^^; But I wouldnt wanna Own Clovera .. Beeta I MIGHT want depends on Owner pictures... but though a lot of people like Violetta.. I wouldnt wanna be ANYWHERE near her... she's... no.... ^^;.. just no...

not my tastes... I dont really like this Childish swing of things from Dollzone, but i do like a couple of the sculpts I just prefer DZs more mature Dolls <3 1/3 and 1/4 ..

But Once i see some owner pictures of Morphoa.. i'll know for sure if I want her... ( i just hate sad eyebrows on a doll ;-; i dont like sad things ) so i wanna see some Different faces first <3

Meh Who knows I might just ask for a Custom Faceup if I dont feel like doing one of my own.. Dollzone always does such Lovely Customs <33

Ohwell YAY for liking One, MAYBE 2 of the girls

11. Um... Isn't the body the same as on their other 58cm dolls? I don't think this is a new body at all. ^^;; The 'childishness' is purely in the face and clothing. I bet you could vamp 'em up if you wanted. And if not, there are plenty of other mature ladies out there for you to choose from. Isn't that nice?

Raven

12. No- not a new body, but the 58 cm body with a small bust is much "younger" looking than the 60 cm with large bust, which is quite mature.

I wouldn't find these heads that offensive on the smaller, 58 cm small bust body. But still- the scale would be of an enormous child. If it was the only doll I owned, then it would be fine, but she really wouldn't mesh with my other SD size dolls.

I do like the fact the DZ dolls are always unique-looking, though. And also how far they've come in their history from being one of the most hated doll companies to being one of the more popular.

13. My other SD girls are all pretty young looking its one of the things that attracted me to them not too mature in face or body. So this luckily works for me thankfully. But I am sure she would look not as good next to say a Madoka or similar.

14. The new dolls are really nice. I then noticed the 1/4th girl that I guess they released awhile ago, and she has such a cute smile. I'm really hoping they go towards more smiling dolls as I haven't been able to find a good smiling mold for a few dolls/characters I want.

-Anneke

15. same here. i love thier smirks!
      i just think that if dollzone made a doll with morphoas chin, cloveras eyes, beetas mouth, violetas eyebrows, and then 1 of the 3s makeup(besides brows) they wouldve had the perfect 1/3 doll to come out with.

16. Wow, I was so surprised as I read they're SD sized. They look a lot like their MSD so I was a little shocked as I saw the prize at first. ^^;
      The three look so sad. I wonder why that is. If they released four they might have made them show a different expression, each...

Laoky

17. ya, i thought they were msds too. i went scanning the whole msd section 3 times before i looked in the sd section. and i wish they were msds. then i could afford them. violetta to me looks lkike lola, xcept with more of a pout, and less of a jawline.

im not tryin to be rude, but thier dolls with pouts(besides reiko who i love) i dont like. pouty dolls arent my thing.

i do find myself begining to love beeta and morphoa. ter was a ded bee in my sisters blow up pool, and i found myself thinking of the beeta sculpt. ack! there are too many dolls on my list already!

18. For a couple of the questions that were asked ( or comments made) Dollzone has finally caught up ( at least on our shipments at Featherfall) so their production timelines are back to the more reasonable 1.5 - 2 months.

Also - Dollzone actually has a new Designer, who started out, I believe, with Lola and Aaron's fullsets. While its definitely a different style, we're intrigued by their new designs.

19. Thanks for letting us know^_^