1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone 1/3 Girls Clovera, Violeta, Morphoa, Beetta Discussion

Jul 16, 2009

1. hmm, im falling for lola(owners pics in marketplace) and i just hope that violetta wont be really pretty, my wishlist cant take much more, or my wallet(knowing how many dolls i want, ud think i am cr8zy)
      here r te heads. wat happened to my pics?

violettas eyes r quite small.

2. Violetta's prettier than I thought... but my heart belongs to Clovera!

Owner pics?!
      >runs off to look<

Raven

*edited* Oh I guess Lola is a 1/4?? XD
      (goes back to waiting)

3. I agree about Clovera, after seeing them blank, though Morphoa is cute also. I do wish the others had a bit more chin. They are all quite homely, but I like them for that.

4. Yes! A lack of chin seems a popular trend these days!!!
      My Yo Hina Ichigo could give these guys a run for sure ^_~

I wonder how these girls'd match FDoll resin and body (neck!) size. I don't think the 1/3 girl DZ bods are anything to write home about. I think it's time I became a dratted hybridizer!! Bwahahaha (cue thunder and lightning)

Raven

5. I have to say that I am not impressed by these new releases nor was I ever impressed by the DZ bodies. There is something about them that are similar to one another, yet expressionless. It would be hard for me to pick a dollzone apart from another dollzone. I tend to like homely dolls, but when they have "something to say." I would have to see more of them to begin admiring them. ~Gus

6. Ok I was admiring these blank heads at DZ today and thought "gosh they look rather small compared to the other heads" so I checked the size. 18cm?! Um... that's 7 inches!!!! ^^;;

Then I checked their newer 1/4 girls and their head circ is listed as 18.5cm!!!

Can this be correct?! Dear me! ^^;; Tiny head is tiny???

Raven

ETA: Ebay listings by jeeryama and dollzonemart list her head (Clovera listing) as 21cm (a little over 8").
      The eye size is listed variously as 16 or 18mm

7. So they are msd size? but smaller LOL

8. Jeez I'm stupid! I read the *neck size* as head size!! XD

Thank the dollygods their heads are actually 24cm around (according to the DZ site) not 18cm around. :-P So that's a good 9.5 inches, yay!!! In addition to liking immature big girls, I like 'em fat-headded so I'm very relieved.

Sorry for spreading my Stoopid around! XD

Raven
      >goes back to drooling at DZ<

9. Their faces look so... baby-ish for SD size, and thats just not my thing. I do not like them. That being said, I also dont expect every one to have the same opinion, so if you like them/want them, more power to you. :3

10. When I fist saw morphoa i thought she was MSD size :S Anyhow she's really cute, she's my fav !

11. yay im really glad dollzone came out with these girls! im looking to save up for morphoa in tan resin. i knew if i was patient good things would happen <33 not bad on the price either :D

12. after myself seeing the lack of chin on the blank heads, i just wanted to say something else: STOP RIGHT THERE DOLLZONE! SLOWLY PUT THE CHIN ON!
      no offense to ppl who love these sculpts, im now having second thoughts about wanting one(plus i NEEEEEED a floy). i just really liked thier old sculpts bettuh.

13. The 58cm body is the one that Celine comes on. There is a choice of bust, but the shape is quite womanly even on the small bust. Remember Celine's default outfit is the skimpy leather bra/skirt combo. I don't find either body offensive with the new heads, but I want to point out that it wasn't designed as a child's body. I have a large bust Celine, and the body is lovely with very curvy hips and a tiny waist.

Celine promo pics on small bust:
      http://www.doll-zone.com/showproduct.asp?id=156

I was looking forward to more dolls being released for this body, but I was super disappointed with the new sculpts. I was hoping for more girls like my Celine... mature with very sculpted features. Instead DZ is moving in a direction that I don't like. No offense to people who like young looking dolls, but I love mature SD dolls.

The ears on the new dolls drive me even more nuts than the lack of chin. They are disturbingly low and slanted backwards like they're sliding off the heads. Poor Beeta has one ear up high, while the other is visably much lower. It looks like she was rushed. And the body blushing on the new photoshoot for the 58cm body looks like she's been in a bike wreck or developed a bad rash. :sweat

14. Hehehe, this is a good point. I didn't even notice at first. Then I was wondering why the lack of a chin didn't bother me- until I looked over at Rubella, my Mimi. Oh yeah. My first and most beloved doll is a funny pointy melon head with a weak chin...

Personally I looooove Beetta but I have a thing for bees. Maybe a Clovera or Morphoa with the Beetta outfit would be the best...

-Nadja

15. Is the one in the pics of the body Clovera or Morphoa?
      I think those two are both kind of cute but I wish they didn't look like they are frowning quite so much.
      Someone earlier noted a resemblance to DIM, I can def. notice it too in the head and eye shape.
      I personally like that DZ has come out with some younger looking girls to suit their 58cm body.
      I love the small bust body (actually had one at one point for a hybrid that didn't end up working out) I have been kind of hoping DZ would come out w/ some head sculpts I liked enough to get one again.
      Hm, I'm not so sure though, will wait for owner pics.

16. Yeah, DiM is one of the few who are also offering young-looking SD size girls. Beeta has the lush lips of a DiM girl, doesn't she?

I think Clovera is modeling the larger bust, and Morphoa the smaller bust, as these are their respective default bodies. ^_^ I'm glad they posted these pics, but small bust or large, I'd be sanding them down to teeny-tiny, bwahahaha!

Raven

17. LOL sand mine too!

18. Yes much like the newer dim girls.

I think you are right Clovera modeling the larger bust and Morphoa the smaller,
      but I thought those 2 both came w/ large (have to go back and check).

Upon closer inspection I think I really like Morphoa the best. I wonder, if her lips were sanded slightly a little at the corners, could get a slight smile out of her. :)
      Did anyone actually order yet? :abambi:

19. Phae_11 ordered one, or so she said a few pages back....! She should be arriving soon? She posted on 7-17 and said the seller said it'd be about 40 days. Getting close!

Raven

20. I'm pretty fond of them, if only because they do have that immature face and I just enjoy that in general.
      Clovera and her Alice-in-Wonderland-ish outfit won me over, though. ;_; *booought* <3

I definitely think that sanding their lips down to get a smile would make them better. They look really sad. :[