1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone 65cm Male Dolls - Cosmo and Brant

Nov 20, 2009

1. I'm a Cosmo owner. I have to say it was a really hard decision for me to choose between Brant and him. Personally, it came down to my liking Cosmo's more "rugged" look better (they're both badass bad boys, yes? ;) ) and mine especially since he looks to me to be older than most other Cosmos out there. I have strange reasoning, yes. lol But since the beginning, I always thought he'd be better off taller than 65cm. (Give the EIDs some competition, for one) >< I'm interested in seeing what DZ is doing with the new body for these guys.

2. So this revamped body is supposed to be taller? Guess I'll have to keep an eye on the aftermarket or consider another hybrid. Started out in this hobby with 70cm, but really prefer no taller than 65cm now.

Yeah, Cosmo does have a stronger jaw and nose (And I have to admit that Eddie, up above, is mesmerizing!). But something keeps calling me back to Brant!

3. What? I don't know if the revamp will be taller. I was just saying that I think mine is too short. ^^; Sorry for the mix up.

xD Eddie certainly does take the cake.

4. No, there aren't, which is one of the reasons why I'm freaking out a little (I have calmed down slightly in the meantime because of people talking sense to me ;)). They just announce "you're all getting new bodies from now on" but not showing what the new bodies look like. They also seem to be saying that the old body won't stay available, seeing as the new body gets the old body's product number.

And no, you can see nothing of Jeremy's body anywhere. When I look at the Jeremy promo pictures, I find it hard to believe that he is even on the 65 cm body. He looks very slender.

As for the incorrect measurements, I think you are right and I may be setting too much stock by the numbers on the site. Tirsden has told me elsewhere that she bought a Dollzone body that according to the site should leave a gap at the neck in combination with the Cosmo head she wanted to use with it, and it turned out there was no gap at all.

On the other hand, if the measurements are unreliable, how on earth are we supposed to figure out whether a body or head will make a successful hybrid? - And yes, my nervousness about the lack of information about the new body is entirely inspired by the fact that I have ordered this body to go with my LLT Roderich head... :sweat

5. Brant is very handsome, but to me, his face has a delicate quality which Cosmo lacks. When I first saw Dollzone's pictures of Cosmo, to be quite blunt, I had an almost sexual response to his face. The very male jawline, his mouth, oh gawd that sexy mouth, and the way his eyes are set - he's got "the look". What really sold me was that group of three photos where he is looking down - really emphases the qualities in his face that I love. I find him so fascinating - there are so many aspects to his looks and personality. To have him and know him is to love him. (and to spam him, lol).

6. Hi everyone! I passed by this thread and since I'm going to buy a Dollzone Brant then I'm wondering what wig size they take. I'm guessing an 8-9 size but that might be too small....Idk. xD;

7. Anyone noticed the new photos of the 65cm body yet? It doesn't look too different to me, but I don't own one so I can't compare. What do you guys think?

I got to actually handle a Cosmo body today at a meetup (at least, I think that's what it was; the owner said it was a Dollzone 65cm double-jointed body, and I said, "Oh! The Cosmo body!" and she said, "No, just the regular 65cm double-jointed body." But now I'm looking at the website and there is only one 65cm double-jointed boy body!) Anyway. It was wonderful! So heavy, and I loved his broad shoulders. I can't wait to get one now.

8. Ru-chan - My Cosmo has on an 8-9 from Jpop, and it fits him perfectly. :) It's one of the Kanas, I think. (They're great b/c they're so elastic - they'll stretch up a size if necessary.)

9. I got a Brant as my very first BJD, and I LOVE him!!! He looks almost exactly like my OC, which is why I bought him ^_^
      I'm having trouble finding clothes for him, though, since he's kind of an in-between size. . . but the 8-9 wig size fits perfectly, as do SD13-size shoes (in case anyone wants to know).

10. Just as a FYI in case you're thinking of trying DZ 68 cm heads on the 65cm body. The fit is really good! I've an Edward head on my Cosmo's body and it sits there fine.
      So excited about the new DZ heads coming with the 65 cm body - so cool they've picked it up and given us more options to play around with our 65cm boys!

11. I have always thought Cosmo and Brandt were handsome, but the new guys, Memphis and Oliver, are stealing my heart away! (Especially Oliver! :love) He is definitely going on my Wish List!

I haven't been keeping up...so many companies and so many dolls :?; does anyone know when Memphis and Oliver were issued by Dollzone? I can't find anything in the News Section.

12. Yeah I also didn't see anything on BJD Collectasy - I first saw them at my favourite dealer's site end of December. BTW I'm getting Gretta's head for my 62cm body ;)

13. Ooh! Ashmyt, Gretta is very lovely! I look forward to pictures!

Also, I did a little hunting around and remembered seeing this news thread back in Dec. But, there was no picture of Oliver, only Memphis. I guess I just did a quick glance-over of it, since Memphis was nice but didn't really hit any of my "Gotta-have-it" buttons. I've tried to find other info on this release but could find nothing. Im glad I was checking out pictures in MOC's Dollzone section, and ran across photos of Oliver. It was love at first sight! (He'll be perfect for BBC Sherlock cosplay boy I want to make.)

In the Archived News:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...Oliver-amp-Hazel-amp-Gretta&highlight=Memphis

14. ... hello? anybody around? I just got a Cosmo :)