1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone 70cm Limited - Asura

Sep 4, 2010

1. :D He's still wearing the pink fur wig? *giggle* Allright my Asura is also still in stockings because I was to lazy to change him back into his other things after our little "lets get our dolls embarassed"-session ^^ Looks like he doesn't mind... He has seen centuries pass by so he cannot be trifled with just being in some stockings. :P

2. At least yours has on clothes. *shifty eyes*

3. *snicker fit* XDDD

*ahem* Arighty, Asura's photoshoot with his dolly is up on DA, and my totally failing at punishing Karl is too. I needa get organizing on the doll room, see if I can set up at least one 1/3 size playspace/scene, preferably something that isn't boring off-white walls. ^^;

4. Those were some nice photoshoots, Tirsden ^^. I enjoyed looking at them.

unfortunately I cannot seem to find a patter for dolly kimonos...Anyone have any ideas where I could find one?

5. Have you tried using a tripod or just propping the camera on some books, and then you can do longer exposures without worrying about camera shake. I would also check what ISO speed the camera is on, as in many point and shoot camera's especially anything over say ISO 200 is going to start giving you problems with noise. What features does your camera have? Anyway nice photoshoots Tirsden.

6. Thanks guys! :) I'm not even sure the camera I have would do long exposures (it literally has two settings for focus, "close-up" and "distance" and relies entirely on autofocus for the rest). I'll check the manual, and I think there is an ISO setting... hmmmm. The tripod I got as a bundle was not in stock the day I was at Teh Shack and I keep calling and they keep saying it's not in yet. They get restock tomorrow so I'll call yet again. ^^;

Edit: I can set the ISO to Auto, 100, 200, and 400 (which is what it's defaulted to so that's probably way high?). I can change "light exposure" to anything from 0 (normal, what it's on) to +3 Lightest or -3 Darkest. I can also change the "white balance" based on the lighting (incandescent, daylight, cloudy, etc) which has helped a lot. I can set "metering" to Center, Multi (default setting), or Spot... and have no idea what that means. ^^;;. And I can set Scene to Auto, Scenery, Portrait, Night Scenery, a bunch of stuff like that... I tend to set it to Auto cuz everything else seems to fail badly no matter where I take the pics.

Edit2: Gee I've done a lot of edited posts lately. :whee: Wow, setting ISO to 100 has made a huuuge difference. O.o Even just simple shots of Karl lying on my keyboard come out much more crisp and clear, and the colors aren't bleeding all over. The heck was the camera defaulted to 400 for? *_*

7. Lol, Good to know that helped. Often times what happens is when the camera detects poor lighting conditions/low lightly it'll bump up the ISO to a faster speed to compensate, but unfortunately what that does is add more noise to the picture. The best way to combat this is to one get more lighting. Florescent daylight bulbs are great for this. You can also do it manually by changing the ISO speed, or increasing your aperture to allow in more light, or to set a longer shutter speed which will also allow more light into the camera. Granted doing the latter two will also mean to get the best pictures you'll need a tripod or a tripod like setup, something like books or boxes to set the camera onto. Here are some tuts and threads that really helped me since I've been here.

Depth of Field and Aperture
      Lighting
      Best cam for BJD's Although as you'll see there's not really one, but it has a lot of good tips on getting nice pictures.

Anyway those are just a few that helped me. I would suggest taking a look at more of the threads in the Photography section, I found them quite enjoyable to read. ^_^ After six years I now know how to use the PASM function on my camera. :P

8. Is anyone else having issues figuring out how to put on his shoulder armor? Cause I sure am. >.<

9. Guh I am sooo behind, buuut Karl vs Asura has happened again, with... more decisive results? :lol: It be over heeere. :whee:

Yeah, the armor is not the best design. You can either hook the little silver clip thingy on the gold ribbon attached to his shirt, or I think in the DZ photos they have it hooked onto the wing elastic... which isn't very useful when the wings aren't on. :sweat I haven't done it yet myself, but a quick stitch of black thread somewhere on the shirt would anchor it nicely. Maybe hide it in the shoulder seam line or something.

There's further help buried in the waiting room thread for Asura, but basically yeah, you pull the elastic on the smaller spike piece through the hole in the round shoulderpad part, and make sure the silver hook part is on the far end of the elastic so it can hook onto something to stay put. I've used the edge of the gold ribbon where it enters the shoulder seam, when the wings aren't on.

@Cloudedmind Awesome, I'll definitely check those out! I think the problem itself is the camera, it just doesn't have true options to it. I seem to be getting noise no matter what, and I can see it auto-adjusting the lighting on the preview screen all the time. Changing lighting modes only helps to a certain extent, as there's no true aperture control. And yeah, one thing I definitely need more of is lighting.

Edit: I've got an Asura database pending mod approval, I'll link it when it's ready. ^__^

Edit to the second power: Asura database is up! :D

Edit to the nth degree: I changed the link, the Asura and Chen databases got merged due to being the same scupt, the link now goes to where the Asuras start. ^^;;

10. I think my only problem with them is if I just hook them to something they are basically just sitting on his shoulders. They aren't fastened down.. so they wobble around and don't really stay in place. D:

11. Mine pretty much do the same thing when I put them on. Makes me wonder how DZ got there's to at least look stable. :P

12. As far as I can tell, they're not stable, and not made to be, which is annoying. ^^; For the photos, well there's all kinds of tricks so yeah. Unless I'm doing shots needing the fullset, I tend to leave the shoulderpads and attached red cape parts off. 'Course he seems to like the Dollmore frillies more, so then it doesn't matter. XD

13. *hears an echo as I walk in* It's so quiet in here, perhaps I should post a picture of my boy...*even though I hate my pictures >_<*

14. it has been XD hmmmm... well, Nightweaver and I are still doing our back-and-forth letter photo project between Luciole and Asura, I gotta figure out the text for Asura's next reply, the pics are done. But anyways, it starts here and so far we've managed to link on upwards through the evolving storyline. ^__^

15. Thanks Tirsden, I shall take a look.

16. Well, I'm popping into this thread because I just got my DZ Asura today from Mint on Card and I absolutely love him! I'll have to have some pictures of him up later, although right now he's just in all the default clothes so he won't be that exciting. xD

17. Yay Muddles! More pictures of Asura are always nice.

18. Awesome, congratulations Muddles! And hey, his fullset is smexy, shows off his body nicely. :whee: Mine has a frilly Dollmore set that is a lot easier to manage, but ironically he's currently wearing part of the fullset plus the vest-shirt I made him recently. :XD:

19. I just recently (this past week) showed photos of Asura to my employer. He was delighted and amazed at the doll and the tats. LOL Just goes to show ya. Even non-doll people can appreciate an Asura!

20. Hehe, he does look pretty nice in the fullset...though like half an hour after I made that post he transitioned to blue PJs because my friend wanted to put his armor on her AS Gavin.
      I must say he rocks blue PJ pants with turtles on them.