1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone 70cm Limited - Asura

Sep 4, 2010

1. That's because Asura's are dang sexy..period. xD Or so Dwyn keeps telling me.

2. Totally, that's what Mem keeps telling me too.
      xD
      Hopefully I can have some pictures for this thread soon...but....other conversation topic!

For those of you guys who still have your Asura in the red wig...how the heck do you take care of it? ;A;
      So much static.

3. (...I have not died completely...Been a while, hi guys :D)

Muddles: Congrats on getting your smexi boy! After many frustrating times of messing with the wig and brushing, and brushing, and brushing it, I decided to just forget about it and put it up XD. I took some bobby pins and put it into a makeshift updo, so it's a lot more manageable. Really, with it down, even the slightest movement messes it up, it's frustrating! Though if you don't move him around too much and you keep a brush on hand, it should be tameable. I'm not sure about using any mediums to keep it from splaying out due to the fact that many things contain oils that will destroy the wig, so I wouldn't want to lead you astray in that aspect. Hope that helps a bit.

Tirsden/Nightweaver: Your letter idea was brilliant! I read them all and they were so cool ><. However did you come up with such an awesome idea?

4. I don't play/move my guy a lot, but for a while I had his hair braided and tied off at the end which worked great. I recently did a photoshoot though and undid the braid, and when I got done I just combed his hair and pulled it to one side and let it hang loose in front of him. And if I do move him I just re-comb his hair with a loose comb I have making sure to start towards his tips first and then work my way up.

Volks does have some wig products that I've been wanting to try. Volks Hair Styling Products Since it seems to be made specifically for their dolls wigs they shouldn't ruin the wig or damage the doll. But I'll probably do a search to see if anyone else has used their stuff.

Edited: Yep so it's safe to use and apparently works wonderfully. Now to find time to get to the Volks store. The Volks oil spray is a kind of leave in conditioner that makes the wig nice and shiny, and the Mist is a styling gel to hold hair into a specific style/place.

5. ^_^ Well Tirsden wrote a whole story about her Asura which isn't even finished yet and so I thought it might be fun to let my Asura (Luciole) write a letter to hers and see how it turned out :). It's so much fun to do those letters! <3 Ah, next it's up to her to let Asura anwer :3.

~Nightweaver

6. Huh, I didn't even realize Volks had hair products! That's actually quite wonderful, Though I look at the word oil and just think that it will leave the wig greasy or grainy.

7. In one of the threads I read someone mentioned that it's not actually oily.

8. Asura has answered Luciole again. :whee: And yeah, it was Nightweaver's idea to start the letters, and the universes fit considering the multiverse concept, so we just went from there and it's building its own story now! :D

Muddles, someone else recommended dryer sheets, and I tell you what, they help sooo much for static. Take one and rub it gently down the hair, a few times if necessary. I got the most unscented / allergy friendly version I could find at the local grocery store. Also, use a soft toothbrush on the wig, it's the sort that has fibers that will start breaking if you use a brush or even a wide-toothed doll brush. Guess how I figured that out. :| Most of the time I keep his hair tied back in ponytail holders like in this shoot, at that scale they're easy enough to put on, hold well, and the hair seems to come back out of them nice and straight. I use three total spread down the ponytail to hold better.

Oh, and turtle pj's are win. :lol: Made my day.

9. I hope the volks stuff works for you then! If you do get it, it would be great to hear the results.

I guess I should stop using this comb thing then XD. It's got really wide teeth but I don't want his wig to start breaking. That would be bad O.O. I can also vouge for the dryer sheets, 'cause I tried them at Tirsden's mention and they work quite well.

10. When I finally get some free cash I'll probably head to the store and purchase some and let you all know.

*reads new letter* I'm sure Karl will be happy that Asura is gone for a time. Hehe.

11. Yeah kinda amazes me (okay, severely annoys me) there's even a type of doll wig that'd break like that, but then I am newish to the BJD thing. Before that I was used to like, Barbie and My Little Pony hair. :sweat

Yes, Karl is thrilled, except for y'know, the reality-breaking fact that Asura is technically still sitting on the pink beanbag. And will be appearing in box openings for other dolls even when he's "not here." :lol: Maybe I should leave him out of the pics... eh oh, I already know Karl likes Aiden based off the FL site pics. .........hurry back, Asura. :XD: That or I need to pay Michael off early and have him beat Aiden here (with the monster FL waiting room list, that's scarily likely. :o )

12. Finally!! Aster arrived ^^ Allthough I have to unpack him first. Thanks so much.. Also Arata thanks for the gift!! I liked the: Please ask 4 Asura come 2 visit! <3 Karl XD
      .. Ah well maybe Asura does visit... just not that.. corporal (?) since he can also travel through dimensions. ^^

13. Ahahaha yes Karl commandeered a pencil to add to my little note. Darn him. XD Yaaay Aster can vacation properly and hang out with the "guy who looks a lot like Asura but isn't" and everybody else too. :XD:

14. tirsden, are those the bobble ties for children?
      I use baby clips and stuff for my girls, but darn it, never thought of bobble pony tail ties.

15. Pictures of my Dwyn.

16. I really like the quality of your photos, cloud. Dwyn looks really lovely in them.

17. Thank you. I've probably taken hundreds of photo's of him now, and those were the only ones I felt semi-confident in posting. :P

18. He's amazing :) and photos are really wonderful! It's also interesting to see how different the Asuras are and that only through their face-ups. Yes it's supposed to be the same but it's not.

19. Freya, I hadn't really thought about it but yeah, I think so? They were at the local pharmacy/everything store in the haircare section. I haven't bought them for myself in years (and got rid of all my old ones when I went to super-short hair). They're a little over 3 inches long, and work great for him. :)

Awesome shots, Cloudedmind! He's totally rockin' that outfit, especially the shirt. :D

I did a whole ton of eye/wig tests on Asura today (the first one was a DoD waiting room request) and it really is amazing how much he can "change" even though everything else stays the same.

20. Thanks everyone.

Yeah he really likes his see through shirt. I'll be hard pressed to get him out of it when I finally get him a new outfit.

The first blonde wig on him looks nice. I had originally thought about going blonde with him but I've fallen in love with his red wine default one that I think I'll just keep him with that hair color, but get different styles.