1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone, bad tan resin warning!

Aug 28, 2008

1. I don't have a tan doll, but i agree on the join thing. The limbs are fine, but the knee joints on my Yuu don't seem to fit well. But then again... my souldouble (which just the body is more expensive than the full yuu) joints also don't fit perfectly and one ankle and one wrist join are very thin on the resin. My dollshe, which is almost twice as much as my DZ, has bubbles, the joints don't fit and his ankles bend outwards. So, as far as i can tell each dolls has it's problems.

Tan dolls always end up with patches here and there after a while, so i've heard.

2. Well at this point it's the resin that have this issue,simply the color fade away...
      a friend of mine own a Mo pink skin and she noticed that his face was darker that his body whern she've receved him,but with time 2 months or something like that even the head faded and now body and face have the same ligher pink color....so it's not maybe only a problem with the tanned resin production....
      btw as said by Saaya-chan even other companies have this kind of problem with the tanned production, as far as i know, i've read something similiar happened at soom..
      And if this problem turns out only with the limited tanned production it's even worse....
      i'm really scared reading this as my twinny wish to order a tanned chen....

3. this happens with other resins as well, for example my migi doll WS head was rather alarmingly pink when I first got it but now has toned down to a much less noticeable pinky white

4. Jup, thats a pretty normal things.

Company's do that on purpose ..

1. MSC makes heads lighter.. so making the heads a little darker makes the resin of the head match the body [instead of your head being lighter then the body ~__~]

2. Heads are not as dressed up as the body so discolor faster.

This bad tan resin thing is completely different.

5. I'm a little worried here. I've been hoping to buy the new DZ Mo, and this is very disconcerting. Is it something that can't be fixed with some non-oil pastels and some mr.superclear?

6. I've spoken with DZ about the Tan issue as I bought a Tanned doll to use as display and have the same problem. Where they have sanded the seems, there is difference in colour. Sunny said she will be speaking with her company about it and there will possibly be the option, in the future to select the doll without the sanding.

7. Yu Qiao Mao:

The dolls i had with these problems weren't sanded + the problems weren't on seem line parts but really in the resin.
      On places like the forhead, chest and lower legs.
      Like on the photo i posted.

Marks from sanding happens on all tan dolls,
      if not properly cleaned after sanding.

8. Not always... I think it just depends on the resin quality. I have a tanned Latidoll from 2006 and his coloring is still smooth and even.

I've been contemplating another tanned doll, and I even looked at DZ. This thread makes me very nervous about buying one though. :(

9. I was referring to my case. Under the Chin and on the Forehead there's clear discolouration from the sanding. I cant show photographic proff as I've face-upped the doll to cover it.

10. e_e;; I've just put a nice tan Shoyo on order...I hope this craziness doesn't affect her, I'd just about die, since she is my dream doll...D:

11. Naiara ~ i just got to work with a tan dollzone like that, It was weird!

12. Sounds like they have the same problem as Bobobie colored resin. When we went to remove the faceup, it was cloudy and white all over. What a mess it is to clean off too!

This makes me sad. I was planning on getting a Tan Floy or Quinn. Moo ;_; But not for the price they are asking if I have to go through the Bobobie mess again. :/

13. i'm still tick at them, i got no reply for the email i sent to them either, so i won't be dealing with DZ anymore, and looking at yuu and his discoloration...so tick me off even more.

14. I got a Tan Mo-2 about two months ago and besides an orangey color I think he was pretty even (he was my first doll, but I think I would know if he was uneven). I don't know what's up with the newest tans for the dolls...DZ was good with mine...but this is only for the new tanned Mo and Megis, right? I wonder what's up...

15. i havent order from dollzone, i prefer to buy second hand

16. I have tan Yuu from DZ that was produced on december 2007 as a card that was sent with him says. He has exactly the same problem! But not only on his face. There are white clouds bedded in the resin on his forehead, cheek, chin, right shoulder and on the back closer to waist.

17. Does anyone know if this is affecting the new tan Mo-3s and Megi-3s? I'll be ordering a Mo-3 from Denverdoll tomorrow, and I'm very worried. I haven't seen any ownerpics of the new dolls around, so I don't know what they're like. Any info?

18. If it helps Flurf I've had my tan floy about a month, he's patchy in places (mostly his torso and chest) but not enough for it to be an issue.

19. It might have been a bad batch or something, I have a tan Linlan from the first release and she looks fine overall, I have given her 3 faceups and used strong brush cleaner to alcohol, and her face is as usual. I also have given her a few baths and unstrung her. I hope they just messed up that batch because they have a really beautful tan color.

20. I've heard that DZ don't use a tan resin but rather spray the dolls tan- is that true?