1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone, bad tan resin warning!

Aug 28, 2008

1. Nope, the resin's tan.

2. I have a Luts Tanned Lishe and she is a lovely even tan all over (except where a previous owner sanded the seams), so I agree with you it is a factor of resin quality not just being tanned resin.

I forgot to add - you need to watch the DZ eye putty, if it is the stuff smells like gasoline it has been known to melt acrylic eyes. :barf Nasty stuff, you really need to get rid of it!

3. Great info on the dz tans I has been looking at the silver fox but with this many problems i may look at a Luts doll instead.

4. Thanks so much everyone for sharing this information. I have been considering getting a tan Chen from Dollzone (especially with the upcoming Christmas promo) but the resin issue is so worrying. DZ dolls are no longer priced "cheap" and tan would cost an extra $80, so the not-so-great quality is especially disappointing. :( My sunlight skin girl has no such problems so it is possible to make a good quality tan doll!

Does anyone know if the recent tan DZ dolls have been having problems? I suppose its wishful thinking to hope it was just a bad batch or two . . .

5. I should be getting one of the new Mo's in the mail within the nect month or two. If there are any resin problems, I'll be sure to report them. I sure hope he doesn't! It would suck, especially since he's my first doll.

6. oh yea it recent....mine is like a water down tan >.> really i think i'm so ticked off, i'm not :doh

7. I'm kind of disapointed to see this reaction.

ive never had an uneven DZ dolls. O.o and ive had like...at least 10 dolls but im sure theres one or two im missing. and out of those, 3 were tan...and my friend has another like 8...3 or 4 of hers are tan...2 old, 2 new; one of which is new as of a month or less...and again. no problem. her oldest gets the marbeling problem...but again its from sealent issues and not in the resin.

I dont understand. we order our dolls without faceups...so it might be a problem with DZ's sealent. and i know you say its all over...it could also be a reaction to the mold release used in their mold's for casting. obviously they have to use something so the resin doesnt stick to their molds.

As for the uneven limbs? never ever have i had a dollzone doll that was uneven. And like i listed above, between my friend and i we've own alot...and every size too...in every color...even their earliest batchs (which we didnt know about the complications between volks and Dz when we adopted a version one girl) and never have we had this problem.

so i hope this is just a batch issue...because these are harsh aqusations. :(

8. I guess I solved the problem yesterday when I was remaking faceup. For the case when the white clouds go away when you water them and all the time while the doll stays wet but comes back after it dries. I ocasionally took the wrong bottle and instead of nail polish remover took waterproof eye makeup remover. Mine is quite oily. I panicked and washed it away asap but I noticed that it took much more time for the white clouds to come back. Then I gave it a try and put light layer of oil on the head. Then I waited for about 20 minutes and wiped it with a soft towel. After that I put two heavy layers of MSC. And after it dried.. voilà! NO WHITE CLOUDS AT ALL! I checked the system once again on the body and got the same result - they were gone!

9. I'm worried about what future rammifications that might have on your doll. Keep us updated on the happenings though, Dante. I really want to see what affect the oil has on your doll.

As for me, this accusation/discovery is quite disturbing because I'm saving for a Tan Floy as my Grail Doll and my friend Squeek is saving for a Tan Chen as hers. x: I'll be subscribing to this thread and maybe contacting FeatherFall, the dealer here in Canada for DZ, see if they know anything about what's going on over there. Maybe they just had a really bad batch of resin. *shrugs* But uneven legs is inexcusable as well; these dolls are supposed to be art, not haphazard barbies, I'm appaled that DZ hasn't come forward to the people with poor dolls to replace them (if it was my company, I would at least make an effort). D<

10. Seiaeka, no changes so far.

11. Mmm, I don't think this thread is really about accusations, but more of a "buyers beware".

I have seen DZs tan skin as well, and those dolls were beautiful! But that doesn't mean that newest batches can't have this problem now.

I certainly hope their tan resin gets better!

12. Dollzone is coming out with the new bodies lately. I wonder if the tan issue was simply a one batch mistake. I'd like to know what people experience when getting new tan DZs