1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. It's always sad to see lovely sculpts get discontinued. Fei-Lau is an Edward and you so very rarely see him in the wild. I think he's a gorgeous sculpt but I'm also very heavily biased. I think it's just me and @Redfaery that have one and are semi-active with posting him. There's likely others out there but even if you check the database here on DoA, there's something like 6? 7? entries and two of those are us.

Speaking of....
      [​IMG]Fei-Lau & Khale by ID Locke, on Flickr
      Fei-Lau is getting a new wig soon (it's been ordered from Iple). His current one has started to get matted/felted in the back *sigh*. The skin is also getting stiff. Hopefully it doesn't take this side of eternity for it to be sent out *fingers crossed*.

2. I'm not surprised that DZ is doing another mass discontinuation. It's sad, but it seems to be how they do things. :(

Here is Talon, my Leslie, in the garden. He might be cranky about his sculpt getting the chop, but he's always cranky so... I think that's just how he looks at this point. Also, he's so shiny white that I had to seriously edit down the brightness in this photo to make his face even visible. Dude, get a tan or something lol.

[​IMG]

3. Oh, thank you! I couldn't find it there - but if DZ doesn't reply within a few days, I might just go to Angelesque and risk running into Brexit-related issues. (I don't mind customs, it's the not knowing what will happen if/when Brexit happens that has me worried...)

I do love Edward. He's one of the ones that got away - along with Alpha and Brant. I keep telling myself I 'need' more girls, but I always end up falling for the big boys...

4. There's an Edward head in the MP as of a few days ago.....

5. I'd share a little spam of Azrael (though he's not as blindingly white any more, nor is Flickr working so...grumble grumble). There's something so ethereal and beautiful about DZ boys in white.

6. It would've been nice if Fei-Lau stayed as paper white as when I got him since he is the God of Winter Storms, but even in his mellowing, he's a lovely shade of pale creamy white.

7. I've decided I need to redo Benimaru's faceup. I didn't know if I would like him as Benimaru but I do so I should make the faceup better. Especially after looking at it again today.
      [​IMG]

8. I love Beni either way <3

9. Thank you, he is the kind of character that is bad ass with a tender touch of vulnerability that I find endearing.

10. @Iron_Dog - Azrael's a little darker than a creamy white because of my own stupidity (but at least it's even), though his yellowing looks worse due to the crappy lighting in my room. :sigh

@SteamWitch - I think his face up looks great, but I totally understand the feeling of it just not being quite as good as it could be. I get that quite often in regard to some of my own dolls.

11. @Quiet and Insane I've only the one doll (not a DZ) that has holy crap! mellowing but I also think he may have come from a wonky batch. One of my RS boys has mellowed to an absolutely even light turquoise when he was originally the old blue. I'm actually happier with this colour as it fits his character better.

I only really noticed Fei-Lau's shade shift to a more creamy tone when I had him out and actually had bright, natural light in the apartment. It was then that I noticed that his wig was actually whiter than his resin.

12. Yeah... I think it's still there. I'm still broke. :(
      I did order a Deer head, through Angelesque, as DollZone didn't answer my e-mail yet, and I don't want to miss the window for ordering.
      It's still tempting to go for that Edward head, even though lately my home has been overrun with new dolls...

I ordered my Deer head in white skin.
      I only have smaller DZ dolls in white, but they mellowed to a nice cream as well. I only have one big DZ boy, and he's a very old normal pink head on a slightly newer normal yellow body - which somehow manage to be an almost perfect match.

[​IMG]

13. I hear you on the overrun thing @Fairy Milliner Last year, I bought 6 dolls in 6 months. I've never done that before and I've been in the hobby for 11 years! I regret nothing but my wallet weeps piteously.

14. Mine's reduced to whimpering:
      "please, I have nothing left to give..."
      "there's a DZ Edward head on the MP..."
      "noooooooo..."

This year I bought three Resinsoul dolls (new) and another new tiny that hasn't arrived yet. So that's four.
      Then I got a Soom teenie gem and a ton of teenie gem parts (horns, a centaur body, hands, props) and another tiny. So that's six.
      Then I found a DC Carol. She makes seven.
      Now I bought a DZ Deer head. That's eight. And it's only April.

My wallet is on its last legs... And my birthday is still a few months away...

15. I've bought 3 dolls so far this year (2 within 2 weeks of each other *sigh*), but one of them is a gift for a friend so doesn't really count towards my doll total. My wallet has other opinions on that. I do plan on purchasing a body for one of my heads (poor guy keeps getting bumped to the back of the line by other doll purchases) but that's all I plan on buying this year. There's a good chance that's not all that I'll actually buy this year.

16. @Iron_Dog - I had no idea what yellowing was and why sunlight was bad early on. :sweat Compared to Salmarnir's almost pristine white head, Azrael is very creamy, almost buttery. Not quite the natural tone others had had their dolls mellow to.

17. Leliana's had that problem a bit, so I dress her in cool toned colors and lie to my camera about white balance :lol:

18. I love lying to my camera about the white balance. ;)

19. Val is lucky in the sense that I ordered him in normal yellow, so he's only gotten creamier. But man was I shocked when I bought him a new body 4 years later and it looked like a pink/tan... I could barely take pictures of him because the resin was so different (changed formula). But the body after another 4 years has mellowed nicely!

20. I mostly use my phone for photos these days because it's honestly better than my actual camera (in certain regards), but the white balance settings are...not great. Especially when the lighting at home is so crappy. :sigh I do need to get Azrael some more style-appropriate casual clothes so I'll at least keep an eye out for cooler tones for him.