1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. I use my Nikon most of the time, because my phone is ancient. (It's not a flip-phone, but it does slide... LOL!!)
      However, I really need to learn how to work with it. I've been thinking about doing a photography workshop for ages, but I just don't seem to get around to it.

My last new doll (a tiny) arrived yesterday, so now I can breathe again - and maybe finally get around to finding them shoes and making them clothes...
      Speaking of which, what's a good place to shop for clothes for the 68 cm guys? I think my Wing has an 8 cm foot, and I can't figure out how to navigate Etsy and find 8 cm shoes. (I keep ending up with American size 8 shoes. LOL!!)

2. Writing something like "SD BJD shoes" into the search bar should be a good place to start. Then it's just a matter of looking for the style you want and seeing what the measurements are for the shoes you find.

3. Hi there! I finally got my DZ Raymond head!! :dance
      He is on akagi 66cm body, and still has no faceup, but I can't stop staring at him :love

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. He's absolutely stunning, even blank @Mona_Amin! :D Congratulations on getting him home.

5. Wow! Congrats Mona_Amin! He looks great! :D

How is the resin match with the Akagi body?

6. Thank you!! ❤

Thank you!! ❤ well the resin match is quite ok, I find the akagi body a bit slightly darker though (the DZ head is normal pink, the Akagi body is normal skin), but its fine for me, probably with the faceup it won't be even noticeable at all.

7. He looks right at home! :)

8. Thanks, it's really the only place he can blend in, :kitty2 :wiggle

9. He certainly is a striking fellow! What a great character! :thumbup

10. Thank you!

11. I love Hart! Can't wait for my deer fellow to come home. (Well, OK, for the time being it's just his head... No sitting at the pub for him any time soon...)

I love your pub, by the way. I think my boys would love a space like that. Did you make it yourself?

Raymond is another great sculpt. I really, REALLY want to put my foot down and have no more big boys. But this thread is making that very hard... :love

12. Oh, I'm glad you got one too he is wonderful. Thank you. I was sad they discontinued him but I only wanted the one so I'm happy.
      Yes, I made the pub. I spent about 2 full months working on the basic interior walls and the bars and I'm still arranging and rearranging it. It is 5 feet along one wall and 6 feet along the other an 2 feet wide homemade tables in the corner of my room. The other part of those two walls have other living space for all my guys.

13. I'm so, So, SO jealous that you have the space to set up dioramas that huge for your dolls. (it's freaken amazing, btw) Being able to set up a space like that is super high up on the list of things I want for the next place we live (just below no wall to wall carpet and space to grow All The Plants, but (surprisingly) above the long held desire for a darkroom - ahh the digital age)

14. @Girrl We bought a smallish 100 year old house with 9 foot ceilings and the walls are solid wood on both sides, some with very thin sheetrock over them, so it makes hangings things a breeze.( It is also probably why it survived 3 head on hurricanes.) The extra foot above me makes the room seem even larger. Fortunately even with them taking up 2 feet on 2 walls the room is still a good size room.
      For a deer, Hart can change expressions just by changing angles.
      [​IMG]Hart Day 134d by SteamWitch, on Flickr

15. @SteamWitch I always wondered what people did to give their anthros character and now I know: everyone has fun when they go to the pub! That diorama is incredible, and I love how Hart's this cool almost meditative little oasis.

@Mona_Amin That's a beautiful sculpt and I can't wait to see him when he's faced-up. Those cheekbones could break hearts.

(And speaking of broken hearts and harts...just putting this fellow down here. He's here to break hearts and steal yer dragon eggs) Here's George Hartley, game-keeper and racconnteur (and warmer of dragon eggs)

[​IMG]

16. @SteamWitch Hart is so cool!! And your pub is amazing, I am impressed by the effort and details you have put into it ❤❤
      @A Wee Tiefling yea right?! :sweatHe breaks my heart everytime I look at him too!

17. @Mona_Amin Congrats for your Raymond! I bought one too (only the head) before he was discontinued. I'll get him in a few months!

18. I posted in the 1/4 thread but thought I'd ask here too, does anyone have a tan doll from their recent event or any just before they discontinued it? One of their dealers seems to have some tan in stock but I don't want to end up with Ooompa Loompa colour!

19. Thank you! And good luck with getting yours ❤ I got the head only too and I put him on Akagi 66cm body.