1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. @Quiet and Insane - He was just modelling them to show how they'd look as head wings on a 70cm doll. They're wings I made and cast myself <3

2. @Quiet and Insane thank you so much! ❤ unfortunately I stupidly just wiped it off yesterday because I realized it didn't portray the character I want :sweat Although I did like it but I just felt like he's someone else. Then I spent the whole day from 12pm till 3am making several attempts to do another decent faceup, and failing... stupid I know :lol:

3. After three faceup attempts, this is the latest look and he ended up looking like a girl :...(

[​IMG]

4. [QUOTE="IzabethS - Ooh neat! :) I'd like to try and cast my own accessories like that. I've got a couple in need of horns and I can never find the right style.

@Mona_Amin - Nah that's not stupid. Many of us have done that to try and achieve the perfect face up. And hey, don't worry if it takes a few goes to get right. I've got dolls that I've repainted many, many times over the years just to try and get them just right. Don't be afraid of trial and error. :) Your face ups so far have all looked very good, so you can only improve from here.

5. @Quiet and Insane oh thank you so much!! You really give me hope :love I need to have patience and keep trying then :)

6. Mona_Amin, he looks great! :thumbup

I don't think he looks like a girl. (???)

7. Don't be discouraged! He looks fine to me, though practice of course will get him closer to how you envision him!

[​IMG]
      Here's every face up my boy Val's been through. He's finally more or less perfect now! Took a few years of practice to get to where I'm at now.

8. IzabethS, all his iterations look great! I love the Chen sculpt :aheartbea, and your work keeps getting better and better. :thumbup

9. @Mona_Amin - Don't forget to rest as well. Sometimes if you find yourself getting frustrated with a face up, just leave it for a while. Go and do something else, then come back with fresh energy. You've got this! :thumbup

@IzabethS - That's a great chronology of Val's face ups! Your style and skill has grown so much! :D

10. Thank you! Chen was my first preordered doll ever, and he still steals my heart when I look at him. Though I did update his body in 2015, but his head is still the original from 2011!
      Thanks! He’s one of my hardest characters to draw even. He’s outgrown this shell a little, but I don’t have the heart to reshell Val, he’s still fitting...

11. Really?! Thank you sooo much you give me hope! :...(

Wow that's so inspiring! I love all of Val's faceups, I wish I could reach that level of patience. :XD:

@Quiet and Insane I guess you are right I need to rest a bit, the more I try adjusting his faceup the more I get frustrated and I am starting to dislike my precious Raymond :( (Alright I will just do one last minor adjustment and then just leave him be)

#291 Mona_Amin, Jun 6, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
    12. @Mona_Amin stepping back for a little bit is a good thing. Often it gives you a fresh perspective on what you're working on. It usually gives your frustration a chance to ebb as well.

13. @Mona_Amin I fell in love with face upping as soon as I did my first one, and never fell out of love I suppose, haha! But yeah, don't be discouraged, take some breaks from working on him, and when you feel you want to redo him, do so! It can only get better <3

14. @Iron_Dog @IzabethS
      Thank you so much for your support, you are right I believe taking a break is my best option now.
      So this is the last minor adjustment I made yesterday before putting away all the faceup supplies (I darkened the eyebrows and upper eyeshadow a bit), I decided to leave him at this for now, and I actually put him away in the closet too to stop thinking about more adjustments :sweat
      [​IMG]

15. Mona_Amin, I think darkening the eyebrows was a good move. He looks great! :thumbup

16. @Mona_Amin I like the darkened eyebrows and eye shadow on him. Gives him a smoky look. I like what you did to accent his cheekbones, too (but I'm a sucker for sharp cheekbones so...).

17. @Mona_Amin - His eyebrows do look better darkened like that. Either way, I feel you should be proud of how good your first few face ups have been so far. But have a break, and who knows, your next attempt, could be The One. :)

18. @akaisha0
      I have a Robin with the body B70-004, and at the feet is really such a sculptor. They helped me to pull and glue the joints. Alas, the body has a slightly shifted balance up (chest and shoulders) and at the same time thin curved legs. Although I still consider him one of the most beautiful and I love him very much. I hope you can fix it soon and put it. :)

19. Can anyone comment on the posability of the NB58-002 body? I'm tempted by the new limited girl Ruby, but I've never handled any Dollzone dolls. Thank you!