1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. @IzabethS - living on the edge indeed! i can't get anybody in my crew to stand right now. i need a hands on sueding class... and if i don't have a real earthquake, then it's the corgi running by...

about Dragon Po - i meant more the mods maybe wanted him somewhere else. i think the only place i felt ok so far was the wait room haha. but yeah maybe the mods can advise. or maybe we could get a funky monkey DZ thread blessed: "DZ disproportionate head to body size" or "DZ mer-peeps & dragos" heh.

about pillow cases, i found some cheap "minky" non dyed baby blankets and sewed some of those together, they also work great!
      i think i will always be fond of the suede ones though, very plush.

@Cloudedmind - maybe shopping it around with face up artists with pics of the current tattoos, you could find out if they would replicate? or maybe someone talented could make you water slide type tattoos that match the originals?

2. @Grimalkin I'd actually thought about that last part. Creating a water decal of it myself, and then applying it after the faceup artist was done, but with my luck I'd totally mess up the faceup in the process. xD But, that certainly is an option.

3. For the temp tattoos, Momentary Ink will do custom temp tattoos to your design. I'd looked into them to do some for Tyh but other doll stuff got in the way so I can't speak for how well they would do. Doesn't hurt to check them out though as looking or asking questions is free.
      Momentary Ink - Realistic, Custom Temporary Tattoos

4. @Iron_Dog Very cool, thanks for the link!

5. @Grimalkin No I asked the mods about Po. They basically said he'd go in the Tiny discussion thread instead of here :) So he goes in there and you can chat all you want there. Anyways want to talk about him go to the tinys :)

And side note my Hazel/Una(body) is being prepped now to be unstrung and repainted as she has a dirty body and her mods need repainting after who knows how long its been since the original was done. T_T I can't wait to show proper photos of her in here.

6. thank you for finding out :) it's good, at least Apsara & Leslie belong in here <3

7. Cloudedmind, congratulations on your Asura Chen coming up on 10 years old! That's wonderful! :D

Oh my! That's quite a dilemma! The Limited Asura Chen is so special! And his tattoos are cool! :ablink:

How about tantalizing us with a photo of your lovely Chen? Would love to see him!

#407 Rabbit-moon, Mar 12, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    8. @Grimalkin - Haha, I cheat a little in the fact that all the SDs lean against the wall and each other, but from them only Sam, my Minas/Sawarieda hybrid, is in a stand as she cannot stand on her own. I think there's 4 or 5 MSDs in stands, and 1 yosd as she's a mermaid too. I know the thundering pets all too well, I have two bengal cats. They used to jump up to the set up when there was more room, but it's pretty full at this point! (Link to the set up) I need to shuffle it a little to fit Kassandra in.

@Cloudedmind - Congrats on such a long time with your lovely Chen. Definitely share him!! Mine is turning 10 next year October. He's gone through a lot of changes... I ordered him on the B70-001 body as the character wasn't meant to be scrawny, but I never liked the body. Then in 2015 he got a body upgrade to the B70-003, and this year he became a she on a DF-A body. I don't forsee myself ever selling my DZ Chen head, and even now I'm debating putting it back on the 003 body and getting a different head for the DF-A one...

9. @Rabbit-moon I was actually thinking of getting some pictures of him this weekend using the faux fireplace we have as a backdrop before I no longer have access to it when we move at the end of this month. Hopefully, I can get around to it.

@IzabethS Yes, I read your earlier posts, which reminded me if I was going to do something for my Chen's anniversary I should probably get started on that. Unfortunately, the picture of your re-newed Chen doesn't show for me. >_< Years ago I'd contemplated buying an additional Chen head, so one could have the Asura look, and the other would be his normal everyday version.

10. Oh sorry, the picture got borked. Here it is again from Flickr:
      [​IMG]
      Still need to sort her into the set up, probably this weekend.

11. @IzabethS So, cute. I like her faceup and wig. You did a nice job.

12. Late chiming in on this but seconding (thirding? Fourthing?) what's been said about if you really want something and can get it, get it now rather than later. DZ/DC has been doing 12% sales pretty regularly but the most recent DC discontinuation sale was 5% rather than the usual 12%. Remember when they used to do event dolls, and then stopped and switched to the 12% sales? What if the 5% is the new pattern?

13. There's also the thing about a discontinuation sale where you want one of the sculpts that's being discontinued but are unable to get it due to the suddenness of the sale and lack of funds at that time. One of my friends had that happen and she's never been able to find the sculpt she wanted 2nd hand (or at least not yet but it's been several years). Not to say you can't eventually find a discontinued/limited/company closed sculpt, but your search/wait could literally be years. It took me 7 years to find my grails.

14. [​IMG]
      BOO!!

Wakey wakey, DZ thread! Here's a picture of everyone's my favorite "intermediate period" sculpt, Joe--my Max. (My first posts around here were about how diabolically tightly he was strung. Time has finally loosened him up. Thank. Goodness.)

Does anyone have a Robin? I've been looking at him for some time but after all this time it's well established that I can't handle Tall Guys so I won't take the dive and get him myself. That distinctive nose is too good to not show off and I'd love to see him around. ;w; (I feel like I've asked this question before--no. I ABSOLUTELY have... but before I got beat up by two other 70cm fellas...)

15. If I may ask, who are you wanting?

16. @FuyumiAya It's not a DZ sculpt I'm after this time (well, not exactly). There was a limited doll released years ago that I couldn't afford at the time. He wasn't/isn't a grail (I own my grails now) but I really liked him and was disappointed that I couldn't get him when he was released. Fast forward 8 years and he's been posted for sale in the MP. I PMed the seller almost 2 weeks ago (as did someone else before I did) but the seller hasn't been on DoA for a bit over 10 weeks *sigh*. With all the things happening in the world right now, it's entirely reasonable that the seller can't check their email. Or possibly the forum system has had a brain spasm and NOT sent out a notice that they've been PMed. I sincerely hope that it's a system gaff and nothing serious for the seller. I'm letting that ride for now but eventually I'll need to move on (so to speak) as whether or not I get this guy (or an alternate or decide against a doll purchase period) impacts when I can start writing that story, which I'd really like to do.

I have checked out some alternates to be the character and one of the possible contenders is a DZ boy. Prajna is very pretty and he was very limited, too, with his sales period running for just 1 week last year. He's a strong contender but he doesn't have top spot at the moment. Naturally, that can change depending on what happens with the other contenders so I can't rule anything out yet.

17. @Iron_Dog
      I feel you with the seller not being online. I messaged someone a week ago that hasn't been on since last September. With as old as some of our accounts are, it's possible the e-mail addresses attached to some of our accounts aren't even active anymore. But hey, at least he wasn't a grail! I know if Merlin was put on the chopping block, I would have bought him up immediately! I'd buy Benjamin if I could. I didn't know Prajna had such a short sell time. I thought he was still available. Additionally, sometimes I just don't get sites. An item should no longer be available, yet it's still on the site. An item should be available, and yet he's no longer on a site mysteriously!
      You'll get your boy some day!

18. @FuyumiAya I had a sort of similar case before where someone was selling a doll, I PMed them and... crickets & tumbleweeds. I eventually gave up waiting and moved on. 3 or 4 months later, the seller contacted me to ask if I was still interested (I was) and fortunately I was able to purchase him. They said they hadn't received notification that they'd been PMed and since they usually frequented the Russian BJD forum, they hadn't logged in here in a while. I'm glad they did as he was another tough to find doll (FL Chicline Rou). I don't set out to get all the weird/unusual/limited dolls; it just kinda happens that way.

I hard-core love the fullset clothes for Prajna. If I were to find that, I'd have a really hard time talking myself out of buying it. If I did buy it, there would be massive fights in-house over who got to wear it. I really like the Gene body (I'm a bit meh on the Gene sculpt) with the wings, too. Wings are a PITA (I have several dolls with wings) but it just looks so cool. One of the contenders for the character has wings (because apparently I'm a sucker for punishment).

19. Can someone who has these hands please post the wrist measurements for me?

Thank you

20. @Kaninchen - Aww, he's lovely! I love seeing the older sculpts getting out and about. :)