1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. Thanks for posting a photo of your lovely DZ Joe, Kaninchen! His freckles are awesome! :D

( Like Quiet and Insane, I love seeing the older sculpts! :aheartbea)

Sorry I don't have a DZ Robin to share photos of. I don't recall ever seeing many Robins around.

2. Thanks, @Quiet and Insane and @Rabbit-moon ! My two big boys are older fellas, the other being a single-jointed Floy. (He was apparently WS, but... became NY? I doubted that he was WS until I modded his ears. Talk about yellowing gracefully.)

[​IMG]

Aww, the lack of Robin is sad. He has such a grace about him, when he first came out I thought he'd be more popular! (But I am biased toward strong-nosed dolls...) I'd absolutely have one of my own and share him bunches if I wasn't prone to being injured by 70cm+ guys.

3. Pardon me for double-posting, but with a bit more introspection (and considering the fact that I've looked at him constantly since his release) I'm beginning to really consider putting a Robin on layaway. DollZone is perhaps the scariest company of them all not for any of their designs, but because they just LOVE discontinuing sculpts at the drop of a hat with very little warning and my senses are tingling with him.

So: For anyone who has experience with the B70-004, is it particularly difficult to handle? (Kicky, pinchy, that sort of stuff?) I'd probably leave him sitting around in various ways rather than handling him frequently, but I'm still kind of wary because of all the welts and bruises the other big guys I've had left me with.

4. @Kaninchen
      I don't think it's too difficult to handle. I think it poses nicely in sitting positions too. The legs are sculpted so that the backs of the calves are very scooped back, so some shoes make it hard for him to stand as the feet want to be a certain angle. I hope that makes sense (like shoes with heels tip him forward a bit too much since his legs are scooped back). The legs are easy to sit sort of cross legged though. He is big, but not so fiddly and heavy as some of the other big guys I have. I think the elbows are easy to pose.

Here's a pic just for fun of the body "sitting". ^__^
      [​IMG]
      (These are different hands though.)

5. Thank you so much! It sounds wonderful compared to the unruly bodies I've experienced before. (I was planning to buy a saddle stand to put him on if I wanted him to stand, so being a tricky stander doesn't bother me as much.) It definitely does look like a lovely sitter!

Robin's absolutely next up on my list now. (I've had a character for him since he first came out and everything orz) Then there'll be one more example of the sculpt in the world to share. :chibi

6. You'll be in good company with a few of us here and the rarely seen sculpts. I think there's only me and @Redfaery that are relatively active that have the Edward sculpt. He's long since discontinued but even before that you rarely saw him posted anywhere.

7. @Iron_Dog I'll be glad to have him and share him when I can! (I ought to be sharing my Joe and Luke more, honestly--two other rarely-seen guys...) I went looking around and I think there are only... two on Flickr?! Robin really is nowhere.

I went and got him. The fact that Dollzone takes an enormous amount of time ATM is going to allow me to collect a healthy amount of stuff for him which is going to be good fun in the meantime!

8. @Kaninchen
      Glad it helped!
      And congrats on getting him! :sumomo:

9. @Kaninchen I actually have a lot of dolls that you don't see out in the wild. I didn't intend for that but.... Some were just never popular sculpts and others were simply limited in number or sales period. If you google LE Doll Adonis, a large number of the photos are of my doll. There were 38 of him made but finding other owner pics is very hard. You very rarely see an SD Vito Rail, too. Not a lot of Soom Boehm Smoke Sprites out there either.

Grats on taking the plunge and getting the doll you want. DZ wait times are long but it could be worse. You could be waiting on a Dollshe.

10. Lady Ravenwood, your boy is so gorgeous! :love

Lovely pose! He looks so stylishly "literary". ;)

Congrats Kaninchen on ordering your new boy! :D

11. @Iron_Dog My collection's smaller, but I seem to have the same issue. Seven out of nine of my crew are discontinued. (For a time I would joke that I was cursed or something because this constantly happened within a month or so of me getting them.) As for the wait times: some people are coming up on a year and a couple months in the waiting room, so they're not quite there, but they're getting there!

@Rabbit-moon Thank you! It hasn't been that long since I've ordered a big doll, but it's been a very long time since I've ordered a big doll that I've had a concrete vision and character for which makes this pretty exciting! For once I won't be wandering in the dark when picking things up for him, I know EXACTLY who he is.

12. @Kaninchen I wonder why DZ is taking so long now? I know the Great Pause has interrupted/delayed a lot of stuff (I have orders for doll things with dealers, not resin, that's been months *sigh*) but they were slow before that weren't they? Obviously I like DZ dolls but have they become that crazy popular that they can't keep up with the demand/orders?

13. there was a big push of DC production, so maybe since sister (parent?) company DZ will finally get some movement too.
      we can hope :thumbup
      I was thinking, maybe only two other DZ Leslie other than mine? it's a good variety in our group here for sure!

i just got a second hand B70-004 coming, i sure hope i can find one of my remaining grails (Isaac) to go on it eventually. but i've only ever seen 4 different owners post pictures of him, even on instagram. are the Bast & Anubis sculpts really rare too?

14. Aw, thank you so much!
      My Raymond was a previous shell of one of my characters based on a D&D character. He's the secretary of an elven Ambassador, so he tended to be found among books and ledgers.
      At the moment, this body has been grabbed by another head and the Raymond head is displayed among my floating heads, so he isn't a full doll anymore, but it's nice to look back on these photos and see his past glory, as it were. :chocoheart

15. @Iron_Dog From what I could see looking through the waiting room threads, this slowdown has grown over a year or so: from five to six months to the nine+ months people seem to be seeing now. I remember this kind of slowdown being common when there was a big sale/discontinuation (even then it'd be around seven months at most), but this is quite different. DZ has come into its own as a company with a very unique aesthetic though so that definitely may be a big factor.

They don't have the wide appeal Fairlyland or something, but the people who do like them REALLY like them. (They also, from the looks of the thread, are good at accidentally generating literally rare beauties.)

16. I remember when I ordered Fei-Lau (Edward) and my wait was about 8 or 9 months for him. At the time, that was the longest I'd ever waited for a doll. I waited for a bit over 18 months for a Dollshe but ended up cancelling the order as I feel that's just too long to reasonably wait for something that was paid in full right from the start. That decision was also pushed along when Dollshe finally admitted that they hadn't even made the prototypes after 18 months.

I will wait for a doll as that is (unfortunately) generally a thing in this hobby if you're buying brand new. I'd say a year is my cut off point at waiting for something I paid for. Hunting down a grail doll... that took me 7 years but I got both of them (Impl Miguel the Demon Hunter and Unidoll Ark).

17. Dear Kaninchen, so true! I so totally resemble that remark!

I :aheartbea my DZ dolls! :fangirl:

18. Since Yuri is ancient, I figured I should style him ancient and wrestled with him for a while to get him into this old-school dollheart number. I liked having him blonde, but this wig has always looked the absolute best on him and makes his deep yellowing look... almost appropriate? It's like a more sickly NS-Y, which I kind of really like when it comes to this frilly stuff.

[​IMG]

I feel like the old-school ersa floras complete the number. His urethanes were lovely, but the unnatural flashing of these eyes make him... almost vampiric.

19. @Kaninchen - he is so beautiful! i think that set all suits him so well <3

I am a big fan of DZ & sister co DC. (and maybe spin off? DV)
      I love my Leslie, and i can't wait to see my Apsara & Po in person. i like almost all of their 1/3 boys. Don't get me started on the merpeople. fantastic. Still searching madly for an Isaac.
      i guess i'm in the right spot, even if it is for a realllllly long wait time :thumbup

20. Kaninchen, your Yuri looks gorgeous in his classic DollHeart outfit! :aheartbea