1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. Hi guys! How's everyone doing? :)

Quiet and Insane and Redfaery, I miss this thread, too! (and, lately, notification on Watched Threads has been hit-or-miss these days.:?)

I don't have anything new, but I thought I'd share an old photo of when my DZ Hong was a redhead. That boy turned 10 years old this year, and he's still gorgeous! Love those old DZ sculpts! :aheartbea

[​IMG]

#461 Rabbit-moon, Jul 9, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    2. @Redfaery - I've been trying to take more photos, but we moved house earlier this year and I've not been in a good head space about it. I've lost the huge garden that serves as inspiration for my writing and photography, and the lighting here is shockingly bad. While my fiance adjusted almost immediately, I feel like it will take me years to feel like I'm "at home". Azrael's currently lending his body to a floating head that I'm trying to work out character-wise. I feel bad, but I've barely touched Az since we've moved because I feel like he disapproves of the new house, even though I literally have a whole room just for dolls and crafts now. :(

@Rabbit-moon - Ten years! Happy anniversary! :D He looks good as a redhead. ;)

3. @Quiet and Insane - you've got my sympathy re trying to take more photos. I've been cooped up in our apartment since February 3rd, when I had my first hand surgery, and between the 2 surgeries and SF's Shelter in Place orders, I should have had plenty of time for doll photos but not so much... There was a window between surgeries where I felt confident holding my camera, but the lighting in our apartment is absolutely horrible and I couldn't go outside (and now there's a looming possibility of elbow surgery in my near future :sigh)
      To contribute something to this thread photo-wise, have a super old picture of Astrid (taken 6 years ago :eek: where does time go??)
      [​IMG]

4. Oh that sucks @Girrl. :( Are you able to perhaps use a tripod? Though I suppose that still doesn't solve the crappy lighting issue. I think I might try and get a ringlight off eBay. I've been meaning to get one for make up and cosplay stuff, so I might as well use it for dolls too.
      I hope the surgeries were successful, and that you won't need further surgeries. :hug:

5. @Rabbit-moon

Thank you very much for your picture! :D
      Your DZ Hong looks very beautiful with red hair! :love
      Ever since I saw Hong the first time, I'm still in love with this sculpt. :blush
      I must admit that I like DZ's old sculpts more than their up-to-date and new ones.:sweat

6. my notifications keep stopping for most of the threads, not sure why :atremblin
      but in the meantime i managed to get my hands on a B70-04 body, but it's unstrung... so here comes that learning curve :lol:
      Still waiting for Apsara and have not had the inspiration to give Leslie a face up... still looking for Issac...
      i am still trying to understand how those DZ jointed hands were supposed to fit, they are so much bigger than the B70's!

7. [​IMG]

//drops by with new-ish photo of my boy Alkaid
      It's so hard to take nice photos with a phone cam... nothing new there :(
      Then I keep saying I'd like to save for a proper camera and end up spending everything on dolls instead it's terrible aaaaAHh

8. Hihi I forgot to reply but NO the head size won't be an issue! Unfortunately I had to let go of Grey and have sent the Carmine R head off for face up so I didn't get any photos, but proportion wise there's no issue (I have a similar body in size to the B60-005 and had my Carmine head on it, the proportion looks good)
      The issue is mainly with resin match. DZ resin yellows very, I stress, very rapidly. I am not sure about NS but Luts WS is waaaaay pinkish and more white from the start as compared to DZ white, and the colour difference will only grow with time. So that's my 2 cents on it hahaha

9. I don't know how you check your notifications, but I've noticed that if you check from the alert icon, but happen to miss going to a thread that you've been alerted about, you won't get any new alerts for that thread until you visit it. For an example, say you sign into DoA and the Alert icon shows that five threads you're subscribed to have new posts. You hover over the Alert icon click into one of the threads. After reading said thread you hover back over the Alert icon to click into the other threads, but for some reason you miss checking one of the threads. Well until you check that thread, the alert icon won't show you a new alert for that thread, even if the thread gets more replies.

I don't have emails sent to me for replies or thread updates, but I wouldn't be surprised if the system works the same way. Such as, an email gets sent, but if you miss the email and don't check the thread you don't get a new email about updates until you do.

What I do, to make sure I don't miss a thread, is that once I sign into DoA, I click on my user name which will take me to my personal details page. From there on the left hand side are a bunch of options, one of which is "Watched Threads". Clicking on that will take you to a page showing all the threads you're subscribed to that have new replies since last you checked. Afterward I just right click and open up each thread into a new tab.

10. Thank you Quiet and Insane! I gotta admit I have a real soft spot for my Hong. I love his mouth! :aheartbea Those old sculpts just had such a uniqueness. I really miss Dollzone's old style.

Thank you Dragoneye1300! My Hong loves compliments! He's such a shameless fellow! :blush Do you have a Hong, too? Would love to see him!

And, I totally agree with you; I love the old DZ sculpts the best! But, those early sculpts were so unique that doll fans either loved them or hated them. I was definitely in the "loved them" group. :aheartbea However, of the newer sculpts, I thought Raymond was very handsome. I felt there was some of the old aesthetic in him, mixed with the new direction the company was going towards.

Willowspell, your Raymond boy, Alkaid, is very handsome in that lovely gray suit. Of the later DZ sculpts, Raymond is favorite. :love

LOL! Don't feel bad about spending everything on dolls. I need a new camera too, but it all goes to dolls. :chomp::chomp::chomp:

#470 Rabbit-moon, Jul 11, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    11. something was definitely weird for my display, or what page i was on... i missed some pictures!!!

@Rabbit-moon - i love that wine colour on your Hong, it picks up his blushing so nicely :)

@Girrl - i love everything about that shot, peeking out the blinds :thumbup also, i really hope your recovery goes well.

@willowspell - the composition is so interesting, i just want to know the story, the bird cage, what he's watching....:aeyepop:

@Cloudedmind - i am intrigued now, i will try checking each one... i tend click the "show all" alerts from the alert menu, but i noticed it does not always show everything with changes on that page. only if i go to the "watched threads" link. *_* i started thinking, it's been awfully quiet out there.... maybe i'm not getting alerts! :lol:

12. Dear Girrl, so sorry to hear about your surgeries. Please take care of yourself. (And I'm sending positive and healing vibes to you. :aheartbea)

Actually, being in quarantine for past 3-1/2 months, you'd think I'd have all this time to play-with and photograph my dolls, but I haven't really done much of either. :doh

Thank you Grimalkin! I love my Hong! :aheartbea I thinks he's such an elegant sculpt. He's looks great in any wig I put on him.

13. Wait a minute y'all I got something...

[​IMG][/url]

14. :love @Redfaery
      oh my, such a sight <3
      i love him, always so beautiful, and always love his gorgeous eyelashes

15. Ooooh! Someone's been busy! :wiggle

Redfaery, Silfe is as smexy as ever. Always a treat to see him! :love

16. @Rabbit-moon
      Unfortunately I don't own a Hong, but I could never forget about him. :blush He's been on my wish list for years. I hope to find him on the second market someday. Back then I didn't have enough money for a BJD... Even today it's still difficult to save up to finally get into this hobby... :sweat I'm trying my best.:chibi
      As soon as I can get my hands on him, I'll gladly show pictures. :kitty2

17. @willowspell - Ooh I know that feeling! But I think you've made it work well! Alkaid looks great, as if he's deep in thought. :)

@Rabbit-moon - They really do! I came into the hobby when Raymond was still quite a new sculpt (almost 7 years ago now!), so I managed to catch the last of that particular style. I still have my original DZ Moon (the dragon sculpt they did waaaaay back before their tarot series). That said, I have found I much prefer the more realistic aesthetic when it comes to my own dolls. Well, my big ones at least.

@Redfaery - Ahh Silfe :D It's lovely to see you.

18. *deep breath*.... BOO!!!

[​IMG]

(Sorry, Silfe)

19. Beautiful blond Silfe! :aheartbea (He has beautiful hands, too.)

Poor Silfe! RedFaery, you shouldn't scare the poor boy like that. :shudder

20. Silfe! :love
      always gorgeous <3