1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. Hi everyone! I hope this is okay to post here but does anyone know if these hands (www.doll-zone.com) are compatible with the 56cm girl body? They are for the 58cm girl body, but I don't like the jointed hands the 56cm body comes with. Thanks in advance!

2. I would say probably yes? I don't know for sure though.

3. Idk if this has been asked already, but would the DZ Nighthawk head look okay on a girls body? If so, are there any specifically that they would look good on? I put an Oasis Doll head on a SD Myou girl body and it's way too big. I've never had a complete SD though.

4. I haven’t seen a girl Nighthawk yet, but I got a Snow at home I could test on some bodies for you. I wouldn’t put him on a DZ girl body as the neck circumference is much smaller on that. But I can try the head on a TD 60cm girl body, DF-A Version 2 60cm girl body, April Story SD16 girl body, DF-A 68cm girl body, and a few others, so you can get an idea for sizing!

5. That would be amazing and greatly appreciated! The Myou girl body had a thick neck, but since I've never had an DZ SD boy I can't say whether it would look natural or too big like the Oasis Doll. Thank you thank you thank you!

6. Such a sweet face :D

7. Thank you! I'm bad at photos generally, so I try really hard :'D

8. @D795 , I just received my Dollzone Jocelyn and I love the body for it’s pose ability She stands so easily and her arms stay up, her hands touch her face. She is the best poser in my group of dolls. I wish I had Ruby too.

9. Congratulations!! :) Do you have any photos to share?

10. Sadly, I don’t have a picture host, so I can not post pictures here. I do post other places where I can post from my photo library.

11. Awww, ah well.

12. my Apsara finally arrived... a little preview here.

[​IMG]
      flickr

magnetic hands! now i have the connectors, i have options... :wiggle

13. Ooh he looks so graceful! Congratulations!

14. @Quiet and Insane - thanks :) he is very serene!
      it's crazy, i haven't been able to find any other owner pics so far... i'm so curious how others will style him.

he has very tiny openings at his eyes, i'm thinking of what colour might show through. also, the body has different joints than what i'm used to, so i'm trying to figure out how to best pose him. i really need to set up a backdrop where i can stand them up, i realized almost everyone is kneeling in my pictures :lol:

15. I like how slender the body is. It would fit what I envision for the incoming head (OT for this thread) I have. How tall is he (with head) and what is his neck size if you don't mind me asking.

16. No problem! He is 72cm on the dot with the head on. The neck is 10cm. I’m not sure how to describe it but DZ has him sitting almost cross legged or tailor fashioned in promo pics and mine won’t do that. The balls on the hip joints hit his bits or each other and completely come out of the sockets if you try. I was trying to get him in lotus pose or as near as possible and wound up tucking them behind him. I’d have to work hard to get him to sit Seiza either. He kept pitching forwards. I’m kind of inexperienced posing maybe someone has an idea for me.

The joints only do 90 degrees at knee and elbow. The peanut is more like a Joinery biscuit, flat and fits the slot only one way. You cannot rotate the calf to turn it say 45 degrees the whole leg would have to turn all the way to the hip. Is that a single joint then?

The shoulders are balls on the end and do rotate. The wrists are round balls with magnets that connect to the ohm hands.

17. @Grimalkin Thanks for the measurements. Unfortunately he's too tall and his neck is too big unless I was into sanding it down (which I'm not). Darn.

If the knee peanut is part of either the top or bottom of the leg, then he's single jointed. If it's a piece unto itself, he's double jointed.

18. ah, that's too bad about the measurements. i have lots of those troubles too :XD:

hmm, ok so that didn't mean what i thought then :lol: thanks for the explanation :thumbup
      i guess those two places just work like a hinge, zero rotation from 180 degrees (open) to 90 degrees only one direction up & down.