1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. Wow, Iron_Dog! You sound like you've been pretty motivated! Writing, making eyes, and a hard-cap wig! That's awesome! Actually, making a hard-cap wig sounds kind of challenging. :sweat

High-Five, fellow introvert! :D Yeah, being in lock-down isn't really affecting me that much. My husband is more extroverted, so he's going a little cabin-fever-stir-crazy. Being in Southern California, we use to go out a lot, before the pandemic. My only complaint is that I miss going out to eat. Cooking every single day has gotten old! But, like you, I have pre-existing medical conditions and going out is a scary proposition, especially with the virus surging again. Stay home, Stay safe, and play with your beautiful DZ Edward. :fangirl:

2. @Rabbit-moon I thought the hard cap wig would be a lot more difficult to do. One of the difficulties I ran into was specific to one of the Dragonlings. I have artist cast versions of the Clever Littles that Batchix did as she was working out the bugs in the design so they're truly unique (one is seafoam green with silver glitter in his resin and the other is medium lilac with blue-purple glitter in his resin). One has a head cap and the other is a faceplate. The faceplate version was a battle to keep his faceplate firmly/correctly attached to his head while wrapping the elastic as the magnet holding his faceplate is teeny-tiny and not much of a match to the power of a tightly wrapped elastic. Both their ears are also incredibly pointy so I had to wrangle a snippet of cotton over the tips to keep them from poking through the plastic wrap and the fabric of the cap while not allowing the cotton to interfere with the head cap against their heads.

Because their heads are so very small I snipped mohair off the skin and only needed an area of about 2" long by 1" wide of hair to have enough to make 1 wig. I'd recently purchased a grab bag of mohair from a shop on Etsy just for fun (and maybe future wigs) and a couple of the pieces were very small (which was fully detailed in the sales) but perfect for making teeny-tiny wigs. I'm excited to see what'll happen when the new-to-me doll that's in transit right now arrives as he's going to need a wig and I have a several colours of mohair to choose from. Or perhaps more accurately, he'll have several colours to choose from because we all know how that sort of thing goes with dolls.

The pandemic has forced me to be indoors more and that's not doing my shoddy level of fitness any favours. The introvert side of me is pretty okay with the house-bound hermit life style but I really should get out walking at least once a day. If I'm not careful I'll become rooted to the couch like a pot-bound plant.

3. @IzabethS - Ahhh your Chen looks wonderful as a girl! Such a versatile sculpt! :D

@Girrl - That really sucks. :( I hope your hands and elbows are feeling better soon. :hug:

@Rabbit-moon - I don't mind moving, but it's having to move suddenly, not being able to complete the move, and then being expected to move again, that's getting to me. If I was still at my old house I'd be sitting pretty with all the resources I need to do everything I want. Stress oddly enough, usually helps fuel my creativity as it's a great outlet for it, but apparently not this year.

@Iron_Dog - We're just coming out of a stage 4 lockdown here. All in all it's not really affected me, but because I can't go out to the hardware store it means a lot of doll projects are on hold. Yes I could order online, but there are parcel thieves at work in the area and I do NOT want the postie to be leaving my goods out in the open while I'm out at work.

4. @Quiet and Insane My area is still at Stage 3. Toronto (40 minutes away from me), York, and Ottawa has been bumped back into Stage 2 for 30 days. The lockdown didn't terribly affect my regular daily life all that much since I basically went to work and went home with trips to the grocery store every 2 weeks or so and maybe the odd trips to other stores for things that can't be found at the grocery. I'm fortunate enough to live in a secure building and mail is delivered to my door.

I'm going to try to find time to take some pics of Fei-Lau in his new default wig today. Not sure how that'll go though as it's all rainy and dreary here and the usual crappy lighting in my apartment is made even worse *sigh*. But they're going to vacate their spot on the loveseat so others may enjoy some time out so I need to just do it, awful lighting be damned!

5. i don't know where to start :kitty2
      i hope everyone is feeling better soon, i'm sending get wells all directions <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
      all my sympathy about moving, and lock down (my area too, no take out for me either, and hermit life for me too) and silent dolls.
      my work went off the rails and i've not been able to do much but Apsara's lately.
      i look at my space, and just unnnnh. where to get started again? walk back out :lol: # nope
      hard cap wig! i was just thinking about - hmmmm i found my bags of fancy locks... time to learn smth new :thumbup
      you all always inspire me though :hug:

6. The whole situation sucks. :( I just want to get back to working on doll projects and feeling motivated and inspired.

7. All this time waiting for my Robin, saying "I'm gonna get him clothes for when he gets here", then subsequently not doing that only to realize the night before I have to watch for the mail truck that I don't even know what fits the B70-004. orz

So... what fits the B70-004? :?

8. I recently received my Licht and he is able to wear the various pieces of standard 70 cm size casual clothing that I've purchased through Alice's and Clover-Singing, including tight/fitted jeans (though barely). For shoes, he fits 70 cm size as well as some 1/3 size shoes as the B70-004 body has fairly dainty feet. For formal/tailored clothing, I can't give any advice as I'll be making his wardrobe custom myself :kitty2 Hope that helps, I could also take a couple of photos if you would like to see how some of the clothes fit!

9. Thank you! I'd love to see.

He thankfully fit in my one (1) pair of bad 70cm pants I kept around just in case, but they're TIGHT.

I was a little concerned it might be a SSDF situation!

10. Sure thing, I should hopefully be able to take and post some photos tomorrow! (I just took a peek at your unboxing thread, your Robin is so lovely! I agree with you that his sculpt seems softer than it appears in the promo photos.)

11. Finally got around to taking some photos of Fei-Lau in his new wig. He is keeping it and I quite like him in it. It's by Punkamomo and is very soft and silky. Also in the photo with him are Sleet and Khale because they're always together.
      [​IMG]Fei-Lau, Sleet &amp; Khale by ID Locke, on Flickr

12. Wow! Iron_Dog, Fei-Lau looks awesome in his new wig! It makes him look so regal and handsome! I love it! :aheartbea

(Your other boys look great, too!:D)

13. Okay, I finally had a chance to take a few photos of how clothing fits the B70-004 body! Just finished making my Licht an alpaca wig, so it was good timing that he could look his best while modelling :kitty1

For reference: Both pairs of jeans, fitted white tank, brown sweater, and black sneakers are from Clover-Singing. Loose white shirt and loose black pants are from Alice's. Black boots are from his DZ fullset outfit. All items are 70 cm size except for the sneakers, which are 1/3. I'll post most of the photos under a spoiler to avoid dumping them all into the thread!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I don't have a large collection of clothes at this point, but hopefully this is enough to give you a general idea of how things might fit. I have more clothing on the way from Alice's right now with another doll, if you are interested in seeing more. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

14. Thank you. My camera was playing a little fast and loose with the colour and made Fei-Lau look darker than he actually is. He is mellowed but he's more a creamy ivory than what he looks like in that photo.

15. Thank you so much!

Those clothes fit beautifully! It's time to begin putting together a little list of what I want for Linden. (The only thing I've ordered him so far is a wig, but the vision in my head is even stronger now!)

16. Thanks so much for the photos, Gamine! :fangirl:

Wow! Your Licht is one sexy, long-legged, gorgeous boy!

Those black skinny jeans are totally drool-worthy on him! :drool

17. Aww thank you so much!!! I just received him a few weeks ago and I'm head-over-heels for him, DZ really nailed it with the sculpt :love I'm sewing custom outfits, planning some body blushing and a new faceup, and upgrading to a DSLR camera soon so I'm looking forward to sharing more of him here! Very happy to finally be able to participate in this thread :kitty2

18. he looks fantastic, and the wig is so nice on him. thank you for sharing how the clothes look on him.
      i've looked at his company pics so many times, and it is so good to see owner pictures where he is so versatile <3

i have this body as a basket case that needs stringing, so def feeling more motivated to figure it out now :thumbup

19. Thank you so much!! I worked so hard on creating the wig, I'm glad it paid off :whee: Totally agree about the versatility of the sculpt, he has very strong features but with different faceup/styling/etc he could have a lot of range.

Good luck with stringing, I'm sure it will be worth the effort! This body has a lot of aesthetic appeal and holds poses pretty well considering how large and top-heavy it is. I'm hoping that sueding will improve that!

20. I checked with DDE since they were having their Black Friday sale and saw that they had 1 Merlin head with faceup in stock. No longer, it will be heading to my home soon. I'm pretty sure he will be a re-shell of one of my older characters. I'm excited. :dance