1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. He is lovey, now to find the right body.
      As for his character, I am thinking he is Jathie Cove's child from a very short marriage and has come to live with his father after his mother died and home was destroyed.
      Contemplating names, Taylan, Jerrick or Demry Cove. He will be about 14ish, looking more mature than his actual age.
      [​IMG]Father & son by SteamWitch, on Flickr
      I just ordered a tan Leslie and may be altering the body for his use, we will see.

#561 SteamWitch, Dec 20, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    2. Sounds like a good plan! I like the name Taylan. I had a colleague with the same name a few years ago and he was a fantastic guy. :)

3. Taylan won the toss so his name is Taylan Cove, legitimate son of Jathie.
      Waiting on acetone to remove the dye from an originally tan body to see if it will fit him. Tricky business but worth the try.
      Weather is not being kind for doing faceups right now so I'm not even trying to get that done.

4. @SteamWitch if you still have a DF-H or A tan, how close is your Taylan in colour? (i hope it's ok to ask that here?)
      i've got the DZ cat head in tan & searching for a body ... thanks :aangel:

congrats on Leslie :)
      and what a cute pic of Taylan with his dad <3

5. Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting him on a body. Faceuped too. :whee:

I took these in white and semi-white light. The tan looks really good together.
      [​IMG]Doll family tan and Dollzone tan by SteamWitch, on Flickr

6. thank you so much! that's amazing! i had this crazy feeling... is that DF-A or H?

the cat head is odd, scaled just smaller enough to look a bit pin headed on a 68 without bulky clothes, unless really thin like DC & DV.
      and well, ka-ching...:chomp: right

7. Taylan is going to be adorable! I love the bit of backstory. If you're willing to share your thoughts, I'd be grateful to hear which options you're considering for his body, as I'm planning to get a Gray sometime in the coming year and I'm pretty sure that I don't want the DZ 62 cm body. I'm just not very impressed by DZ's engineering and mobility based on my experience with the 72 cm body (which I'm now planning to get rid of and hybridize my Licht instead).

8. I'm getting a tan DZ body (tall one) next month (I hope) but that will make him as tall as his father which I don't want. If I can make alterations to make him shorter I might go with it. I already have a DZ big body so I know it's weaknesses.
      Also I have a tan AoD body that I dyed darker, that I'm working to remove the dye. If that doesn't work I'll look for a Doll Family tan body.

9. Awesome, thanks so much for the info! I'll look forward to seeing how your projects work out, I'm sure he's going to look great!

10. i half considered IOS 60 class, but i think that tan isn't even close. :doh

11. thank you! and woot, they are on sale right now too... time to go triple check measurements :lol:

12. Best sale price for DF-H is Cover-Singing and they're currently offering free shipping, too. I'm looking at a DF-H body for my newest floating head (OT for this thread) so I was checking out my body options on various sites.

13. I forgot to share Sebastien's new look here! (My DZ Licht; he didn't have a name yet last time I posted him in this thread.) I went ahead and wiped his company faceup. Overall I think I missed the mark with my efforts, the faceup I created doesn't quite match what I had in mind, but he'll probably keep this look for another couple of months.

[​IMG]

14. Even if he didn't turn out exactly as you hoped, he looks so very striking! I especially like the beauty marks and his slight smile. Wonderful faceup work :)

15. he is really lovely, i've been so intrigued by this sculpt it is so nice to see more owner styling :aangel:

16. Wow! Sorry the face-up isn't what you imagined, Gamine. But, honestly, he looks amazing! :fangirl: I'm so impressed!

Licht was not a sculpt I took too much notice of, as there are so few of them around, but your face-up skills really brought out how handsome this boy is. Kudos! :thumbup

17. @konakona135 Thank you!! I can never get enough beauty marks! :whee:

@Grimalkin You always have great taste ;) Let me know if you ever want photos of the blank sculpt, I made sure to take some from a few angles before getting started on the faceup.

@Rabbit-moon Thank you so much!! I adore this sculpt, the features are so distinctive and unique, especially in profile. And I agree, they seem to be quite scarce!

18. I've discovered that I can't have dolls with beauty marks. Oleander (OT for this thread) is the only doll I own with beauty marks and while they are absolutely perfect for him, I keep forgetting he has them, think it's dirt when I see them and try to wipe them off every time.

19. omg @Iron_Dog that is so totally something i would do too :XD:

@Gamine - i can't wait to see what you do if this is not quite "it" - he is so gorgeous right now :aeyepop:
      i really love most of DZ/DC's boys, such ethereal beauties.

i am trying to screw on my courage to start doing them myself, i have a lot of canvasses to work on... i got me some supplies now, just need low humidity moment to spray...