1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. @Tira-chan , As @Quiet and Insane said, a photo would probably help. I only have the 'tan/old yellow' that was discontinued early 2016.

2. Silfe has a new faceup. He also got a scar out of the deal. There's a nick in his resin on that spot, and I couldn't stop imagining him with a scar there. I think I overdid it though. It's much too red... :(

[​IMG]

3. I think it looks quite good actually @Redfaery :)

4. [​IMG]

Here's a picture of Calder, so you can see his skintone. The Resinsoul body isn't a terrible match, but it's a better match for a floating head I have, and I'd like Cal to be shorter.

Please forgive my terrible camera work...

5. Does anyone have any resin comparisons to offer for Dollzone Pink (and Peach, although that's such a new color I don't know if anyone would have any examples).

The hybrid (head) I'm trying to work with should be similar to:
      Resinsoul normal (very pale pink)
      DIM normal pink (supposed to match very well with Resinsoul normal)
      Dollshe Fresh (although Fresh is slightly more creamy/yellow).

I would ask for Dollzone WS comparisons as well, but I think it is pretty stark white/creamy white.

Also, is DZ pretty consistent with colors? I'm planning on an Alice's Collections order and thought I might add some of the DZ 1/4 hands in normal pink and peach just to see an example of the colors before buying the body, but if the colors are likely to change a lot between batches, I'll save the money.

I'm going to ask in the Mini Dollzone thread, too, since I'm considering one of the 1/4 bodies, but I thought I would check here as well.

Thank you!

6. I don't know about DZ resins currently, but they have a history of unstable and varying resin colours. However, this may help you:

[​IMG]Pales by Liz, on Flickr

7. Thank you @Quiet and Insane! Although the only color I have at home close to those on your list is Dollshe Fresh / Dollshe Oriental-matching resin, that is helpful!

At this point, I'm not sure whether to try the white or the peach/pink, but I guess I'll wait for the heads to come in.

Thank you again!

8. You're quite welcome. Sorry I can't be more specific, but hopefully it all works out for you. :)

9. Thanks so much for such helpful information, @Quiet and Insane ! It really comes handy for matching different parts such as jointed hands!
      Also, does anyone has an experience matching 1/3 normal pink body with not DZ jointed hands? I've just got 2014 Raymond and sadly had found out that there was no possibility to buy DZ jointed hands anymore. T________T
      Really sorry if there was such question earlier, I'm very new with bjd and have little bit of experience((( But I'm really glad to see so many gorgeous DZ members here!
      ^______^
      Send love from me and Aldarion!
      [​IMG]

10. EEEEEEEEEE!!!

My large DZ order from June 11th finally shipped from Angelesque yesterday, but not before Carol sent me a picture of my April!

[​IMG]
      I feel she's even prettier without the company face up! She, and the rest, are going to arrive on Monday!

11. @EmmaLuSS - I'm very glad it's helpful! :) I love taking resin matching photos - there's something so satisfying about seeing them all laid out together. Hmm. I have a 2015 DZ pink doll (well ok, my fiance does) but I would have no idea who it would match at the moment. What I can say however is that the DZ jointed hands are...really not that great for the money you pay for them. I bought a pair a few years back when they re-released them and they're very out of proportion and just cannot pose for the life of them, unless you wire them like mad. Very tedious work. But that's just me.
      Aldarion is gorgeous! :D I have a soft spot for Raymonds (as you can tell from my avatar... ;) )

@IzabethS - Ahh how gorgeous! :D I can't wait to see her and the rest of your new dolls all painted up.

12. I second the wonky posing of the DZ hands. I have a pair of the armour claw hands and they're mot often curled into fists because they just wanna be that way. If I do uncurl them, the fingers go into a weirdly splayed, extreme jazz hands sort of deal. But I didn't buy them for the poseability (or lack thereof) but for the look of them. If I could've gotten them as static hands, I would've.

Khale (Leeke Khal, muscle body) is the one who wears them and they fit well on him and I think they look fine proportionally. But the muscle body is also just that. Pretty muscular. I think they'd be clown hands on a skinny body.

13. Yes! Extreme jazz hands is a very accurate description of them. Extreme yaoi jazz hands. The hands made for 70 cm boys would fit better on 80 cm boys I feel.

14. Extreme yaoi jazz hands *falls over laughing*. Yes! This!

The DZ hands would likely look ok on Dollshe boys as they've got some fairly large hands to begin with. But the Dollshe hands are really nice to start with so.....

I think part of the reason the armour claw hands look fine on Khale is because they're not "normal" hands. They're very much fantasy so I think the eye allows for some variation proportionally. Or I'm just seeing what I want to see *shrugs*.

15. I think the only issue would be that DollShe wrists are rather wide and flat (at least on the bigger bodies) compared to the rounder DZ wrists. But the proportion would be much better.

Ah yes now that would make sense. The slight difference in scale is more noticeable when you're trying to be realistic.

16. My large order arrived, and the doll I was most excited for is on the wrong body (Daomiao), but fortunately the dealer still has the right one with her so we're doing a swap!

But! The April is on the right body and she's wigged and dressed now. Gotta get her some new eyes though...
      [​IMG]

17. Bummer about the body, but at least it's a quick fix.
      April is super cute! I love how her ears poke out between her wig. :)

18. @Quiet and Insane Thanks a lot for your help with my hands question. That's a shame, but I guess, there's no any possibility to get them anyway. So that's an opportunity to find something else)))
      Oh yes, your Instagram pictures of your Raymond character are very noticeable! :whee:

19. Hello all. I am excitedly awaiting a new arrival of a fullset Nan which is on the NB56-001 body. Is she allowed on this thread?

20. I don’t see why not. I look forward to seeing her!