1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. I fell in love with Sebastien all over again while taking photos yesterday. I realized that I hadn't dressed him in his fullset clothing since finishing his new faceup and his wig, so I put it on... and he's to die for. I really want to blush his chest and hands now :blush

[​IMG]

2. Oh! What a gorgeous, brooding, poetic hero. Gamine, he is divine! :aheartbea

3. I finished the faceup on Taylan, my Gray and put in some of my homemade small iris eyes and I'm conflicted. Do you think he needs bigger iris eyes?
      [​IMG]Taylan faceup by SteamWitch, on Flickr

4. knee jerk response is yes. He looks/feels young and big doe eyes would go more with that vibe

5. A bit of hybrid information, maybe it will be usefull for someone.

This is my Mei Lan, he is a hybrid of Switch Dojin (2017 NS) on Dollzone discounted B70-003 body (2017 normal pink).
      The head fits good, proportions are ok, I think. Skintone is a bit different but with body blushing looks well.
      He has Limited Dollzone 1/3 joint hand (2018 normal pink). They don't fit that body good, I think they were created for B70-004. With B70-003 the hand joint works not really good, and that hands looks too big with Switch Dojin and Dollzone Leslie heads.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

6. SteamWitch, what a lovely boy! I've always had a crush on the Dollzone Gray sculpt. :fangirl:

He looks perfect with those blue eyes! :love:thumbup

7. Thank you @Girrl He did the the larger iris. :3nodding:

Thank you @Rabbit-moon he came alive with those eyes so it was he right choice.

8. @Gamine, I just placed an order for a DZ Licht yesterday and your face up and photos just make me so excited for when he’ll come home!! I also fell in love with his distinct looks :D

9. Edit: Yes hello, me again! I've been rather busy and haven't been on DoA for ages.

@Gamine - Gosh he's stunning! :D I really adore his face up and the beauty marks you gave him.

@SteamWitch - Aww, he's turned out to be such a cutie! :)

@Diemaru - That's not a bad hybrid actually. Despite it being a frustrating body at times, it's surprisingly versatile.

10. Congrats Karnerblue! Licht is a lovely boy! :thumbup

What plans do you have for him?

11. Oh my goodness, that makes me so happy!!! :cheer Licht is such a special sculpt and I can't wait to see what you'll do with him. Message me anytime if you want any photos (blank sculpt, angles, etc.), have any questions, or if you just want to chat in general <3

12. Thank you both!! :hug: Yeah, I’ve been searching far and wide for a sculpt that has that gaunt and elegant look, and Licht definitely delivers. Regarding plans, I have an original character that I would love to recreate using him! His name is Niles Bazarov, and he’s a mischievous, pretentious, existentialism-musing Russian writer. I draw him often but never made a face up or sewed much (just got into the hobby recently!), so I’m excited to gather his things. Trying to find a wig that fits what I see for him perfectly... :XD:

13. @karnerblue What an awesome character concept, I'll look forward to seeing how you bring your Niles to life :D This hobby is a great way to inspire creativity and learn new skills, I'm sure you'll have tons of fun working on him!

14. @Gamine Thank you so much for your encouraging words!! :hug: It’s truly been a great fun learning new skills; I have a blast going through your recording thread as well. It’s so motivational! Will definitely keep an eye out for your characters and story too :love

15. @Diemaru - That's not a bad hybrid actually. Despite it being a frustrating body at times, it's surprisingly versatile.[/QUOTE]
      Yep, he looks proportional. For ppl who don´t love big head dolls it´s a good variant, but I don´t like the mechanical part of some joints of B70-003.

16. I can agree with you there. Azrael is on the same body, and some of the joints are annoying.

17. Man, what is it with DZ and not wanting to keep making lovely tall lanky boys? At least it's a fairly limited discontinuation, but is it just my imagination, or have they done prior discontinuations around this time of year? Is end of April just DZ's "spring cleaning" deadline or something?