1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. @Iron_Dog - yep, i feel you there! bold of me to assume i would have a simple spreadsheet either :lol: i also literally put in all the measurements i can find from makers i have or am interested in since i have a lot of floating heads, it's good to estimate what might work together for shared bodies, and of course clothes, etc.

that tan is really super nice, my DZ Cat is that colour, and i keep going round and round with myself about if i "need" a body that colour, or if it can be different since his planned face up will be pretty elaborate. he needs a slim body though. i definitely have a soft spot for for the fantasy/cryptids too :thumbup

2. @Grimalkin I tend to collect all the weird/unusual dolls/sizes so my stats kind of need to be there for my reference purposes when I'm looking for something. Clothes are usually not an issue as I make about 95% of the clothes my guys wear. Eyes, unless I'm looking for something very specific from a specific company, I'll make them myself (making eyes is fun to me... I have soooo many eyes). Wigs are an either/or since I will make wigs if that's what somebody wants (faux fur or mohair) but if it's synthetic hair, I'll buy those. Shoes... let's not even go there. They are the bane of my dolly life.

I should probably stop talking to you bunch of enablers here. You're all making me think more and more of that beautiful hunk of resin and my willpower is already rather shaky. Dolly Brain can come up with enough reasons to buy him without further help. I mean, I appreciate the help, but my wallet is begging you to stop it.

3. Decided today to play around with Kass a bit, my DZ Chen (girl). I ended up sticking a different wig on her, and I weighed her.
      She weighs exactly 4 pounds!

[​IMG]
      If she weighs the same as a duck, she’s a witch!

It turns out that an adult mallard duck can weigh up to 3.5 pounds, so I guess she’s either a fat duck or not a witch

4. So she’s made of wood??? Burn her! ;)

5. OMG! An old Elf Quinn! Wow! I remember him when He and Ian came out back in 2007. Honestly, they were rare even then! I was crushing hard on both of them. Iron_Dog, how can you resist getting him now?

There is just something almost magical about finally getting a doll that you loved years ago. I finally was able to find a very old Soom Namu from 2006. I was so enamored with that sculpt back-in-the-day, and now he's actually here! I still can't believe it! I'm so in love! :aheartbea

You'll regret it if you let him slip away! :crushed

IzabethS, every time I see the Chen sculpt, I melt.:love:love:love

#685 Rabbit-moon, Jun 25, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    6. @Rabbit-moon It's hard to talk myself out of buying him. I really shouldn't buy more dolls but we'll see how long that lasts. I'm trying not to check on him too much so that if he does sell before I can make a move, I won't be too badly disappointed. being a responsible adult sucks and is not as advertised.

7. LOL! So true Iron_Dog! :doh

8. She can’t fool us!

I’m the same way… Chen was the first doll I ever preordered. And even though the initial character has been reshelled, the head took well to being a girl and different character!

9. She's so cute!! :D I love her eyes. The soft pinks and purples are lovely.

10. @IzabethS - i agree with Quiet and Insane - her eyes just drew me in! i like how her wig style looks very natural and what a great felt hat that is with all the curly twists. she's way cuter than a duck and you've made that whole scene run in the background of my mind... ****build a bridge out of her**** :lol:

11. Do anyone know where 70cm body went? I was pretty sure I was following all the discontinuation notices and then suddenly the body disappeared o.O

12. pretty sure the 70cm body got axed in the April discontinuation, I lamented it's fate in this thread. I keep an eye on their releases out of nostalgia, but all their dolls are too short for me now

13. I have noticed that the DZ boys have been getting shorter. Not terrible for me, but annoying because their wait times really put me off.

14. I ordered a DZ 1/3 girl body at the end of last year. It’s the one with the jointed fingers. I am really excited that it should be delivered to me sometime this coming week. Does anyone already have this body, and if you do, how is it? How is the resin? How does it pose? TIA

15. I don't have this body, but I am excited for you! It's so beautiful and dollzone dolls usually pose really nicely from what I've seen

16. Thank you! I am so excited. This will be my first 1/3 doll since I got back into the hobby, and my first DZ body.

17. Ooh, congrats! Do you have a head planned for her?

18. I have a Mimo-Marina Mikola head out at the faceup artist. I was going to make her into a creepy Alice, but I don’t think she likes that idea too much. Her faceup is beautiful but not really creepy. And the seamstress I had lined up to do her outfit decided to stop doing commissions. So I’m digging into my antique doll clothing to see if I can pull something cute together for her, whoever she may turn out to be.

19. Sounds exciting, and a cool hybrid combo. Interested to see how she comes together~

20. I don't visit this thread very often, but here's a picture of Devin, a DZ Deer whose been floating around in my home for almost two years.
      Today he finally got himself a body - it's a 62 cm Mystic Kid body, and the neck size is perfect. From some angles his head is a bit tiny - but not as tiny as it looks on the body of my DZ Wing (which is the body he was intended for).

[​IMG]

He does have a slightly damaged ear - he came to me this way. The dealer tried for months and months to get a reply from DZ about a replacement, and then Covid hit.
      In the end I deciced to just have him sent as is and put an end to all the stress.

With a bit of careful blushing it now looks like an interesting combat injury. :XD:

BTW, this is not his intended outfit, he borrowed it from my 5SD Gabriel. It's a bit too gaudy for him, I think.