1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. @EmmaLuSS - I'm always happy to help! I've not tried them myself, but I've heard Doll Legend hands are quite good once they've been wired. Perhaps you can ask over in any of those threads for a hand. Pun not intended. :sweat
      Thank you! :D Azrael is my favourite, though I don't take him out for photos nearly as often as I should. I'm on the eternal quest to find him the perfect eyes and most photos just don't look right to me, so I never post them. :sweat I'm sure once I fix his eyes there will be non-stop photo spam. :lol:

#61 Quiet and Insane, Nov 28, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    2. Ahhh yes, the (seemingly) eternal quest for the right eyes for a difficult doll who is satisfied with NONE of the offerings you make. Khale led me on this merry chase for literally years. He ended up stealing someone else's eyes and now seems happy with the thievery (and no longer has the Black Pits O'Doom (tm) in photos). Wisp has been a bit of a challenge but I think it's more that he's got smaller eyes (6mm) and I don't have a large selection of those on hand.

3. Azrael has gone through...five or six pairs since I got him? As stupid as it sounds it broke my heart to sell his original eyes even though they were 18 mm and almost comically large. I have a pair in 16 mm in the exact same colour and I just can't part with it. But they also don't look right at all. I've been thinking of getting a pair of 12 mm Makos in the same colour he's currently wearing. I just wish more places had SI as an option with more unnatural colours.

4. I'll have to hunt for the perfect eyes for my new girls too... Dollzone always sends far too large ones with, the iris took up the entire eye!

Either way, I painted my girl yesterday to cheer myself up after losing my job...
      [​IMG]
      At least she's pretty! I didn't realize April had teeth.

5. @IzabethS She's lovely with that face-up. Sorry to hear about the job loss. Hopefully another pops up for you soon.

Most of the time I'm good with the eye hunt as I've got everything about the character figured out well before I buy. Sometimes the physical nature of the sculpt throws plans to the wind. I'd bought some eyes for Tohan and while they were the right size for hi eyewell, the shape of his eye made the 2-toned nature of the eyes not actually show. Mkhai, who is an SD claimed the eyes and they look great in him but not at all what I was planning for him. *shrugs*

I still have the original default eyes Fei-Lau came with and I wish I had somebody to wear them. They're a sort of grey taupe and really nice but I think they're also 16mm and not a lot of my guys wear that size. I remember being a bit surprised that DZ sent him with glass eyes since a lot of companies go with acrylic. I have gotten some really nice acrylics that I just can't part with but the glass were unexpected.

6. @Quiet and Insane 12mm, oh wow! I've got little bit experience, but 14 mm eyes work for Aldarion very nicely, though he has 18mm original ones and 16mm as well.

7. She looks lovely! Stupid now former employer. I hope they regret letting you go and that you find a much better job quickly:hug:

8. The thread said 60-70 and technically she is 56cm so I was just wanting to check before posting. She was shipped from China today so I am really excited that I should have her soon. She doesn't have a name yet or a set character. Does anyone else here have her? Id love to see others 56cm girls. (Really I like to see everyones dolls all the time... wouldn't be here if I didn't. )

9. Thank you for the kind words @Iron_Dog and @Girrl, I hope I find a new job quickly...

In better news, I put Emily, my April, back together!

[​IMG]
      She's so lovely, my father-in-law is enamoured with her too!

10. @IzabethS - She's absolutely gorgeous! <3 Absolute bummer about losing your job though. :( I hope you can find a better one soon.

@EmmaLuSS - It's all in the size of the iris. If it's too big it can make a doll look like they're high on something. Ideally Azrael would look best with 5 mm irises, but there are very few people that make the right colour in that size. The closest I can get at this stage are a pair of 12 mm Mako eyes with 6 mm irises. His eyes at the moment are 14 mm, and while they fit nicely, the irises are just too big. I know 1 mm seems like a tiny amount but it really can make a big difference.

@Reslie - I think she still counts as an SD, though you may want to ask a moderator first as they'll know for sure.

11. Im new to dollzone... i was looking at their website and fell in love with Yuhan... but their website doesnt have the price. Is he still avaliable? Also, will the faceup be exactly the same. It's the faceup that i love!

12. @Tangmalangaloo Yuhan is a new sculpt and still available. Alice's Collection has him listed for 500.

13. He's listed for $500 on their website too, though most people find it easier to order through a dealer then directly through them.

14. Thanks everyone. Turns out his fullset had been sold out. I might consider getting the basic set BUT it's that wig and that bad boy outfit that i really liked. It's hard to find a similar wig. Im kind of doing some research because there seem to be so many other beautiful dolls available and it's hard to choose. I also fell in love with their 72cm Lincht. I dont hear much discussion about this doll... does that mean people dont like him? Lincht reminds me of a Dollshe Craft doll. He's gorgeous and i love how they style him.
      By the way, how accurate is their faceup and clothes compare with their promotional pictures? This is my first time considering Dollzone dolls and afraid there might be a huge difference with the final product.

15. @Tangmalangaloo - Licht has only just been released so I'm fairly sure it'll be a while before we see him popping up "in the wild". It's been a while since I bought a fullset DZ doll, but what I did order was absolutely spot on and utterly perfect when compared to their site photos. But that was five years ago now.

16. I ordered the fullset Gene. I was very disappointed with the face up and body blushing. He was in the grey skin. Whoever painted him used so much red that he looks infected or something. I can't bring myself to wipe him considering what I paid for him. Here is a link to his album on my flickr if you want to see how red he is. I also got a fullset Seventeen and he is extremely red as well.

17. this is really an issue with DZ (and DC) full sets/body blushing. I call it the steam-scalded look. The only reason the pink blushing isn't overpowering on my flower mermaid is because I got her in the old NY (I'm never sure where to post pictures of her, her default head is bigger than most of my other SDs, but the neck size fits 1:4 heads (she's got a Carter head) but she's also freaken huge so....)
      [​IMG]
      Leviathan as a complete Sawarieda

18. Oh my goodness my girl areived today... the eye lashes fell off in transit but I don't think I really liked them on anyway. So she is a fullset but doesn't have body blushing. I am really amazed at her whole design. I wish Dollzone would share the concept art of the doll because it for sure has a story.[​IMG]Dollzone Nan[​IMG]

[​IMG] this is the back of her shoes.. the shoes have a fur like material on them.Dollzone Nan

#78 Reslie, Dec 4, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
    19. Some company artists seem to go a little crazy with the term blushing and possibly understand it to mean "the colour of a tomato due to extreme, near life-ending embarrassment". Or at least it seems that way at times.

Warrick (SD Souloid) has more red in his default face-up than I like but oddly, when his wig is on him, it's not so... red looking. His wig is dark purple so perhaps that helps tone down the red?

I've always been puzzled by some of the intense red that gets added to knees/elbows/knuckles of some blushing jobs by companies. Like, why do I want my boy to look like he's got really bad rug burn on his knees and elbows.... Ooooooh. Never mind. Carry on.

20. @Reslie - Ooh she's very pretty! And those shoes! That's a fantastic surprise! :D

Nearly choked on my tea reading that. :lol: