1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. @IzabethS - a Stramonium? Oh man, that girl was my biggest white whale for the longest time. Eventually the space she would have filled in my collection got filled by someone else, but owner pics are super rare and I'd love Love LOVE to see yours

2. Or it goes the opposite way - a company you love decides to go in a direction that's not your aesthetic. Alternatively, having a doll company change their style while you also change yours, so you stay in constant alignment (and end up with less money as a result ;) )

3. I still need to take new pics of my Stramonium, but here’s a shot from an older set I did of her after she got a new wig.

[​IMG]
      Captain Jazz demands more pictures to be taken of her

4. Wow! IzabethS, I agree with Captain Jazz; more pictures please! :thumbup

I love this picture of her! That is one bad-ass looking girl. Everything about her is amazing; her wig, the glowing eye, the mechanical arm, the gorgeous outfit. Total old-skool awesomeness! :love

Stramonium is such a rare sculpt. I never see pictures of her. Thanks so much for sharing.

5. Thank you! She's my pirate queen, I've had her since 2013, got her secondhand as a christmas gift from my dad. Her outfit is from Doll Heart, and slightly modified to fit her slim upper torso. The arm and glowing eye are both from Ringdoll

I never realized how rare she is, I really do need to take more pics of her, and with her daughter Bonnie (Fairyland LTF DES)

6. @IzabethS your pirate queen is stunning! I like this steam-punk look. I'd love to see more pictures of her!

7. She's awesome! :D That's one of the old Ringdoll arms isn't it?

8. Thank you @elsie_f I do need to take her off the shelf again to take some pics of her.

thank you @Quiet and Insane and you are correct, it is an old Ringdoll mechanical arm from way back to when!

[​IMG]
      Sadly the thumb broke on it, so I had to super glue it back on it and lost most of its mobility (the fingers are hinge jointed), but she is still armed and dangerous!

9. Love her! :aheartbea

10. How cool! Bummer about the thumb though. At least it doesn't stop it from looking super cool! :D

11. Hey all - I was wondering if anyone has one of their crew on Dollzone's B68-001/ 68cm body? I'm considering this body as a hybrid for one of my floating heads, the neck size and proportions are nearly exact to the body he originally came with but I like Dollzone's body style more. <3 I'd love to know about Dollzone's current wait times/where people order from as well (I'm considering Clover Singing).

12. Fun question. I've had my eye on one of the DollZone boys for a bit and now seeing that Clover Singing have 15% off event. Should I commit to a layaway now or might there be other events in the future? This usually won't be a question but I just paid for another BJD doll, so trying to be mindful with my finances

13. I could be wrong but it looks like Cloversinger is offering the 15% off all the dolls where other dealers like Legend Doll and Alice Collections are offering the 15% off specific dolls (newest releases I think). If you're eyeing one of the dolls that isn't the newest release, then it might be more wallet friendly for you to buy now during the sale.

14. @Nissa i've got a DZ 68, but haven't had much time to really work with him yet. Have heard i need to pay attention to his knees though. i do like the lines of the body a lot, very sleek.

i just received my tan B60 body ordered mid April this year through Clover. This tan body and DZ 2020 Dragon Po have been the fastest pre-orders to deliver to me from DZ (3-4 mos), where Apsara took 10 mos. the B60 shipped via Yanwen in 16 days total to me in US. hope that helps!

15. I received my DZ Gray in August! It was a real surprise - I was ready for 10-12 months of waiting so less than 6 months was awesome.

Unfortunately I was not ready for him, so his eyes are default ones (way too big) and he has some very generic clothes - his default make up is also more intense than in the promo photos. Definitely need some work before he can be my proud and joy!

I also ordered him in Peach but looks like WS sometimes? I do think it’s too muted to be WS but overall tone is so much lighter than my SWITCH Powder Beige doll. I actually like that!

It is such a cute sculpt and I am glad to have him as my first. :love

16. @silmaryel oohh congratulations!! It's great he arrived fast!

Gray is definitely a cute sculpt, I've got him too ^_^ I was lucky to grab him from the in-stock with a discount last year; I wouldn't pick up the white skin tone if I were to choose, but I like it in the end! Also I got him as a full-set and was kinda disappointed by his outfit (but the discount, so ok; and then another bjd of mine claimed half of the outfit), and yeah, the face-up turned out to be much more intense than I expected :aeyepop: I love it though!

So, congrats again and please do show the pictures when he's ready!

17. Definitely will post something once he's ready which might take a while, haha. For now he just occupies my bookshelf, looking all cute with pink wig [that's one thing I got ready for him!] :) I think it's a very forgiving sculpt in terms of make-up though ;) I wasn't tempted to buy full-set - checked out a few owners photos&reviews and outfit defenitely didn't stand up to promo pictures to me. But it's great you could get him with discount and yay, clothing recycling <3

18. Oooh congratulations! Gray is such a sweet sculpt. :D I can't wait to see what you do with him!

19. @silmaryel awww, pink wig should really suit him! Are you planning on sewing something yourself or buying clothes for him?

Yeah, I got used to him being less soft and more flamboyant than I imagined... although he's on the softer side at the moment. As for the clothes, still need to do something about the boots and pants, they don't fit anyone else. The wig didn't do much justice him, too, and finally I gave him the one that you can see in my profile photo, haha (this girl changed her hairstyle a while ago). It's a little too yellow for him, but otherwise I really like it!

Here is my Gray, looking soft and dreamy:
      [​IMG]A rainy day by Elsie Elf, on Flickr

20. @elsie_f TBH my crafting skills are non-existent, but I’d love to sew him a short half-circle cloak with a big hood + some loose tunic, all in shades of pink/burgundy. I want him to be sort of „cherry tree spirit” :whee: only his wig is up to that theme! I said in his profile that DZ body is strung too tight, but it poses kinda well. Sorry for the gritty photo quality.

[​IMG]