1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. Well their showroom is closed, or else I’d be in that very predicament! As it is, it makes them my go-to for dolls & parts for the shipping I save versus the gas I use. Or else it’s Alice’s Collection, for the doll companies DDE doesn’t carry. Eventually though I’m moving to be closer to my brother and his wife, which just so happens to be even closer to DDE as well… I think eventually I’ll try my hand at hosting group orders or split orders through them, seeing as it means everyone involved would also save on shipping.

As for the wait, I have several other, shorter layaways in place with dolls from other companies that are helping to stave off the anticipation of her arrival. It sounds like a lot but it’s really my reintroduction to the hobby after being inactive for a while. I haven’t had a decent place to display my dolls in the last two places we’ve lived, but I have plans for that for when we do move. :evilplot::whee:

2. There used to be a physical doll store where I live. They opened in late 2018/early 2019 but then Covid happened in 2020 and they had to close (we were under lockdowns for a long time). It took me 45 minutes to walk there but I could walk there (I usually took the bus or an Uber though). I went to DDE years ago when I was visiting a friend in Colorado and it was pretty awesome. I think the Doll Peddler in Arkansas (I think that's where they're located?) has (or had) a physical showroom as well pre-Covid.

I have a doll on order from Luts (the limited event unicorn boy) right now and because he's limited, the event and my getting him with a face-up, I likely won't see him until June at the earliest according to their posted production times for him. Almost all my most recent purchases have been pre-loved so the only wait time was for the doll to be shipped to me. The one brand new doll I bought was in-stock at a dealer so there was just shipping time to wait for. I may be out of practice with the resin waiting game.

3. @Neela I did the opposite thing! I ordered Gray in white and then changed to peach. I was too afraid of white doll being my first one.

He is still very pale! I have now also an older DC head in white resin - although the general tone is different, the saturation is pretty similar to me.

When Gray came in I was sure I received a white doll ;)

It is also much lighter than DC/DZ pink (both made in 2022). Hope you’ll love your Elena!

4. Oh that definitely makes me feel less worried about her standing out, thanks! I have a weakness for dolls with visible teeth anyway (tiny fangs, so cute!) and she’ll be my first doll with interchangeable mouth parts. Considering that and just how lovely her sculpt is, I’m already head over heels for her! I do regret not grabbing the VA Carter at the time as well, but it couldn’t be helped. I could only afford one, and it had to be Elena.

5. #865 Rabbit-moon, May 18, 2023
      Last edited: May 19, 2023
    6. Ahhh, I've seen it. It looks like Gray is surviving yet another discontinuation? Lucky boy ;) I'm half-tempted to buy Zero, she's such a cute girl...It's a pity you can't buy just her head! But after giving it some time, I decided I only like her in a particular owner's photos where she's stylized as an adult. My dolly funds are spared...This time.

7. With this discontinuation, all of my Dollzone dolls are officially disconintued

8. Jeez! Their new 70cm boy, Mr. Leung, is only a little over a year old. He was issued in April 2022. They discontinued him rather quickly, don’t you think?

I’m kind of shocked at how many dolls are being retired. :o
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Silmaryel, Gray is a lovely boy. I’m glad that he survived the discontinuation event. I’ve always thought someday I’d end up getting him. Unfortunately, I’m totally skint right now. But there’s still hope he’ll be around when I do get some mad-dolly-money.:chomp:

IzabethS, All my DZ dolls are discontinued, too. That makes me kind of sad. Especially, since DZ doesn’t keep an archive or a history page of their past sculpts. I think it’s sort of heartless of them. (Makes me appreciate the Database we have on this forum. I sometimes look through the database just to look at pictures of old discontinued sculpts that I loved.:love)

9. I've only the one DZ boy, Fei-Lau (Edward), and he was never popular and discontinued probably close to 10 years ago. It does seem to be pretty fast that they're discontinuing some of the sculpts but maybe they just aren't selling well?

10. You are probably right Iron_Dog. I have not seen a single Mr. Leung posted on this forum. I guess he was not a very popular sculpt. *shrugs*. :huh?:

11. Companies roll the dice on what they think collectors will want/be attracted to. Sometimes they roll a nat 1 *shrugs*. I could certainly understand them discontinuing something that isn't selling but it would be nice if they did keep a record of previous sculpts on their site. Just one or two photos would be fine in my opinion.

12. Personally, I don’t get it. Mr. Leung is perfectly lovely sculpt.

Also, why would they discontinue a doll, and then turn around and issue him as a limited edition? Look what I just found:

Mr. Leung being offered as a limited edition demon/vampire.

[​IMG]

(And, yes, yes, YES! Why can’t Dollzone keep a record of past sculpts? Those are the sculpts that made their name. C’mon Dollzone!)

13. I did see that about issuing Mr.Leung as a limited doll. It does seem a bit... odd. If you're making him into a limited (with the change to the eyes and additional fangs) then why discontinue his regular sculpt? If he wasn't selling as a regular (I'm wildly assuming here), then what makes them think he'd sell better as a limited? I love those long nailed hands on the limited doll, btw.

I have a terrible soft spot for the old, old sculpts. Like Wing. Way back in the day I wanted him but funds were not in the cards for him then. I really liked the collab Prajna they did more recently, too, but again funds were elusive.

14. Yes, those hands with the long nails are pretty rad. I like the fangs, too. But, I’m very partial to vampires.

What collab with Prajna? I must have missed that?

Iron_Dog
      , I am so with you on that “soft spot” for the older sculpts. Wing, Yuu, Ying, Chen, Hong, Yue, all those old sculpts are so dear to my heart. I look at my DZ crew and I get so nostalgic. :aheartbea

TIME FOR THROWBACK THURSDAY!
      Left to right: Yuu, Ying, Hong, and Cloud. (Old photo, my Wing and Chen are missing.)

[​IMG]

#875 Rabbit-moon, May 18, 2023
      Last edited: May 18, 2023
    15. Discontinuing a doll so quickly really doesn't make sense, especially with how long DZ takes to send dolls out - half the time it's not the company pictures that sell me on a sculpt, it's seeing them styled and photographed by owners, that's when I tend to fall in love
      Just over a year isn't giving a sculpt even a chance! DZ takes what, 9+ months to send out dolls, it can take months to get custom faceup done (weather, wait lists, life. . .) I bet we won't see amazing owner pictures of Mr. Leung until after the discontinuation

16. Very good points, Girrl! Makes me wonder what’s up? :|

17. @Rabbit-moon Your guys are beautiful. I forgot about Hong. Loved that sculpt, too.

The sculpt was called Prajna (I think I've spelled that right?). He was limited (1 month sale time I think). I think he came out 3 years ago? I forget who the collab was with. I've seen him pop up twice in the MP but again with the lack of funds. Once was also just the head and I really don't want to get on the struggle bus to find a body that fits (I want to say there was a special body for that head but maybe I'm remembering wrong) and that doesn't require blush-to-match. I've played that game before and I don't like it. I'll have to do it for an OT for this thread head I have and I'm kinda dreading that search.

18. Thanks Iron_Dog! As far as I’m concerned, those early DZ sculpts were epic! :love

Oh! Okay! I did a search in DOA and found him! Prajna is a gorgeous boy! How did I miss that little resin god?

There’s a Prajna head in the marketplace right now! Bummer it’s not a full doll. Finding bodies that match is such a hit-or-miss proposition. I’ve been through that hassle. Sometimes I find the perfect body, and other times it’s a total fail. (And, fails are expensive.)

#879 Rabbit-moon, May 18, 2023
      Last edited: May 19, 2023
    19. The Prajna doll is a DollZone x Evaty Doll collab. :kitty2