1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Discussion ~ 60 and 70cm ~ Part VIII

Aug 1, 2018

1. I searched for a body for the head (BiDoll CS) for literal years and couldn't find what I needed. To be fair, I was looking for a 60-62cm body that was slim/slender with hooves instead of feet that had a minimum 10.5cm neck and that was close to Dollshe fresh. I believe I was hunting a unicorn. But! It turns out that I really was hunting a unicorn as I decided to switch the character to the Luts LE Dion Unicorn boy that was offered over Xmas/new year just past and I'm super happy with my decision and he fits Qayin's character perfectly (even if he is taller than I'd originally wanted).

So I still have that head to find a body for, I know I'm going to by an Impl body to go with the prototype Impl head they gave me and I think I'm looking for something even rarer than a unicorn to find a body for the Dollshe Hound head I have because that's in honey mango oriental resin and has a beautiful face-up I'd prefer not to wipe so blush-to-match is pretty much out of the question there *sigh*.

Secret Time! Even with all of that on my to-buy list, that Prajna head is still tempting because he really is a beautiful sculpt. *sigh* One of those that I'll probably just moon over every time I see it.

2. Iron_Dog, I say go for it! He's such a beautiful sculpt. I think I'd be happy, whatever the circumstances, in finding a body for such an awesome boy. :fangirl:

Thank you Dragoneye1300!:daisy

#882 Rabbit-moon, May 19, 2023
      Last edited: May 19, 2023
    3. @Rabbit-moon I currently have 1 doll I'm about 3mm away from hitting the buy button on and another doll I'm trying really, really hard not to hit the buy button on. Both are very good deals in my opinion and hit several of my sweet spots for dolls. I also dislike having floating heads and I feel a bit twitchy as it is with the ones I do have. To be fair, the extra Hound heads came with the full doll I purchased.

AnimeNorth is also slightly more than a week away and DollNorth is a doll specific sub-con within that larger con and there is a swap and MP there. Not saying I'm buying any doll(s) there but I also can't say it won't happen as I bought my Batchix Dark Elf there several years ago as well as my AT Crow head (different years).

It could be 100% argued that I shouldn't buy more dolls as I'm currently sitting at 76 full dolls in my collection. I also have a hard time with unpaired dolls in-house so if I purchase a single doll you can put bank on the fact that I'll be looking for his partner in short order.

4. Wow! Sounds like you’ve got a lot going on! So envious that you have an in-person swap and marketplace to go to. I’d certainly be saving my money for that! :)

5. The swap and MP are smaller this year than in previous years as there was a change up to the staffing and the way things were arranged for the mini-con (and the overall con recovering from the pandemic). But I know there's going to be an artist there who is apparently bringing some tiny (like... 12-15cm?) 3D resin garage kits and I might have a VERY hard time resisting one of those if certain factors are met (colour, male body, hooves). I also know that some people are bringing dolls (full and heads/parts) to sell/swap so there could be temptation there, too. Not to mention the possible clothes, shoes, wigs, etc. that will also be available. I anticipate the majority of the cash I'll spend at the con in general will be at DollNorth.

I wish there were more doll cons that were reasonably accessible for me. Aside from DollNorth there's precious little else in Canada. I know there's usually a sort of a loosely organized meet up at the con in Montreal, Otakuthon, but that's in another province and is literally a 5 hour train ride from Toronto to Montreal. All other doll cons I know about are either in the US, Europe or Asia and would involve international travel for me and just getting wherever would be pricey for the plane ticket alone never mind the hotel and other associated costs *sigh*.

6. Hello everyone Rabbit-moon asked me if I would be able to share pictures of my Mr. Leung as he is being discontinued soon.

I have taken photos of him from different angles and have tried to get decent pictures. But the lighting in my apartment is absolutely horrible and I only have my cellphone camera. I ordered the fullset in peach resin with body blush.

[​IMG]
      imgur.com

[​IMG] imgur.com

[​IMG] imgur.com

[​IMG] imgur.com

[​IMG] imgur.com

[​IMG] imgur.com

[​IMG] imgur.com

Unfortunately at the moment he is wearing the eyes he came with that I personally think look horrible. I ordered him some pretty golden eyes with smaller pupils but they won't be here until after he is discontinued most likely.

Let me know if you have any questions about his fullset or would like photos of him from a different angle.

The beautiful sparkle body blush his promo pictures has is a lie and his body blush while beautiful has no sparkles. The golden eyeshadow is present but way less vibrant. The chain jewelry is a nightmare to put on it took me an hour and I still don't think I have it on correctly. He is sadly missing his right earring. I contacted Denver Doll emporium about it and hopefully I can get it.

7. Iron_Dog, even though it may be a smaller affair, it still sounds like fun! I would love to have a place where there is in-person buying. I loved it when Volks had a mortar-and-brick store here in the Los Angeles area. That's where I got to buy my F-16 boy, and see all the exquisite displays of dolls, clothes, and accessories. Those were the days...:daisy

YAY! Thank you so much Zacarias, and welcome to the thread. I really appreciate you sharing photos of your Leung. He's very handsome ; sort of mysterious and broody. :love

It's a shame that Dollzone is discontinuing him so early. Hardly gives him a chance to develop a fan base.:eek:

Thanks again for posting photos! :thumbup

#887 Rabbit-moon, May 20, 2023
      Last edited: May 20, 2023
    8. @Rabbit-moon I was fortunate enough to have gone to Dollism Buffalo and that was awesome. I'd love to be able to go to something like that again. I was there with a friend from the US and we were treating it as a b'day present to us since it happened right around our b'days (which are 6 days apart). Some of my local doll friends also attended so it was a lot of fun beyond just the doll stuff.

9. Hrmm that is a long discontinuation list. Ahh DollZone. :sigh

10. Been a long time since I posted here. So sad to see the discontinue list.
      Edan (Merlin) got his best friend the other day. Effran (Ringdoll Boyce) and he have had each other's back since they were young, they are 24 now.
      [​IMG]edan and effran by SteamWitch, on Flickr

11. Hey Quiet and Insane! Looking to add any of these beauties before they are gone forever?

Love your Merlin, SteamWitch! ❤️

12. No sadly. I made a grail purchase last year (different company's doll) and the sheer terrible nature of the exchange rate means my doll budget is blown for the next three years. Plus I also just uh...became the owner of a house, which is a fairly big expense on it's own. I really don't make enough money for this and may even have to consider selling some dolls. :(

13. Congrats on becoming a homeowner!:hug:

14. Wow! Congrats on buying a house! Sorry it has cut into your doll hobby money. But owning a house is pretty cool. I know as I get older I've had to realize some things take priority. I hate adult-ing sometimes. :doh

15. @Girrl & @Rabbit-moon - Thank you both! It was not my intention to suddenly have a house, but my grandmother passed away and given that I've been living with her the past few years it was either purchase it off my dad and uncle, or become homeless because my uncle wanted to bulldoze the lot (while my grandmother was still alive no less). Big, big family drama and stress. So dolls are on the backburner. I want to avoid having to sell them. :(

16. I'm sorry for your loss, and the family drama, but glad you were able to buy your grandmother's house. Dolls have a nice way of waiting patiently for life to calm down enough for one to come back to them. I hope you don't have to sell any because I, a little selfishly, love seeing pictures of your crew :hug:

17. Me too Quiet and Insane! Like Girrl, I’m sorry for your loss and the family drama. Sadly, if there’s going to be intense drama, it’s usually family. :doh

Actually, dolls help me to forget all the stress and anxiety. They are definitely therapeutic in my world. I don’t know how I would have gotten through the pandemic without them. :eusa_sile

18. Thank you. :hug: I really don't want to have to sell any, because I'm really vibing with my current collection. Even if it's been forever since I've taken photos of them. The downside to this house is that the lighting is somehow even worse than the last two places I've lived. I've bought some funky lighting stuff, but I need to figure out how to make a DIY light diffuser, otherwise everyone looks like they're in a spotlight. :sweat

Thank you for that :hug: well my grandmother quite liked my dolls. She did think all the boys with long hair were girls...but hey she enjoyed all the things I would make for them. She was very crafty back in her day so she understood how they would make me happy. I have them all scattered about my room, and change them up every month or so just to give them a little "life".

19. if your grandmother was anything like mine, there's probably some of the old thin plastic bags around somewhere (you know the ones, get caught in trees and wreck havoc with marine wildlife) those make phenomenal diffusers - put over-bright light source in the bag, et voila! low/no cost Macgyvered light box. I used to do this all the time with my external flash, until the Hus "helpfully" threw the bag away :|
      Another low/no cost lighting hack is holding a glazed bathroom tile in front of the light source, usually at a 90 degree angle, to redirect the light towards the ceiling (wall, behind you, wherever) which again diffuses the light (and tricks my jerkass camera into taking beautiful actual low-light photos without autocorrecting the light balance) you can easily adjust the lighting levels by holding the tile at slightly different angles
      All else fails, or you don't have plastic bags and/or bathroom tiles just lying around, point your lights at the ceiling :thumbup

20. @Quiet and Insane - i'm so sorry for your loss as well :hug: and that there has been drama on top of it. I really hope you can stay where you wanted to be and hopefully you can find some good hacks for all the new stuff to do with it as a new owner. I can add about the lights that i too suffer with tragic lighting and have been trying some reflective items (the fabric discs in silver & gold, the matte side of tin foil, mirrors, foamcore) with varying degrees of luck (thanks @Girrl for the bath tile idea i so want to try this now!)

had also tried a little hockey puck style push light velcro-ed on a selfie stick to "paint" specific light areas recently, i'm intrigued with fine tuning this... though i wish i had 3 hands LOL. i also made some covers out of plain white copy paper to soften my set lights even further. maybe will help you. i hope all your crew can stay home too :hug:

ps: disclaimer: just be careful about the paper if the lights are hot, and don't leave the room without moving the paper away. i know i probably don't need to say this at all, but i would feel terrible if anyone else tried it and had an accident.