1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone Floy Discussion

Sep 16, 2008

1. [​IMG]

Box opening can be found HERE

Oh my gosh....I am SO IN LOVE :aheartbea

His ears were a little wonky with the screws...that might be something that happens with shipping and I kind of wish they would not attach them if that's going to be an issue.

I was dead set against the mohair on him...I had one for him but it was ALL WRONG. I plopped this one on his head and OMG he's a DREAM BOAT! :nosebleed

His eyes were swapped out without too much difficulty ~ LORDY is he strung tight. The S hook in his head was almost dangerous but we got things worked out. I think his original eye colour is something I could have lived with (a first for DZ...way to go boys) but I had these wonderful tawny smokey topaz ones that just glow wonderfully with his new wig and skin

AND THE SKIN. Okay...hands down the Natural Yellow is MY FAVORITE of the DZ skin tones!

I'll gush more later. This photo was taken in dim light with a tripod and no flash. Hopefully we'll have some sun tomorrow and I can take a picture of him without the terra cotta surroundings.

2. Pira, he's so cute~! Gonna go look at your box opening now X3

3. no didnt have any problems with the neck opening,the head sits a little higher on an aod girl body but only slightly so it doesnt look awkward,the dress my obitsu is wearing is a dollmore dress it came with the stockings and a pink bonnet will fit sd size,they have them on ebay if you want 1,

4. wow,he looks nice bet your glad you got a floy now,mine is my favorate,if i could get two i probably would,congrates:D

5. Chibi Kitsune ~ thanks I think he is too...poor dear, he's currently lying naked and headless on my kitchen table. I was spraying him yesterday and giving his hands, feet and torso some blushing ~ much to the amusement of my teenagers.

It occured to me that I need to remove his ears from his wig/head and spray them too ~ since really they are going to be the most exposed of things. Maybe I can rig up a baggie to cover the wig so I don't have to deal with all that :|

animemadness ~ I am VERY happy to have my Floy :) ....I had been worried and had doubts dodge me during the wait that maybe he would be too much like a big hamster, but in the end ~ he is just wonderful. Your photos were part of my realizing just how much personality this sculpt has and we can go far to interpret it in our own way.

Here is a photo of him in daylight:

[​IMG]

6. did you find that getting the wig to fit over his ears were a pain though?,every time i did it the hair would get tangled up in his ear springs,in the end i had to cut two quite big holes in the wig for the ears to poke through,or did you find an easier way??

7. Wow, it's been so long since I've been online, and this thread has really taken off. :D So proud!

Pira: Oh my gosh, he looks so great! I agree, that wig is wonderful on him, and he looks so soft and gentle! My poor Chaos is still a little naked boy. :sigh Money un-availible-ness and darn Chinese holiday delayed getting any clothes. He does have the free DZ tee shirt that JunkySpot sent with him, but I have to cover his poor loins with a disaster skirt I attempted (and failed) to make. And with Nekocon right around the corner, if his pants don't arrive soon, he might have to sit this con out due to indescent exposure! Also, I'm still not sure how much I am liking his wig. Its a cute wig, but it covers so much of his face. What do you guys think about cutting doll wigs, having no prior experience? Should I risk effecting its resell value if it still doesn't work out?

AnimeMadness: Your Floy is so sweet looking! I really liked her... well, I identify it as a drop leg holster (dang gun nut husband). The white leather thing around her thigh? Anyway, its really cool pn her.

8. Chaos got a new wig, one that fits like a dream! :D It's not what I originally thought I wanted for him - I want very specifially a black wig, and this one is wine red - but it looks great, and it doesn't cover half his beautiful face like the last one. I need to take some comparison photo's, so I can get you guys opinions.

9. shiverbug ~ I've not trimmed a wig but when I was inserting the ears through new little holes in the one I have for Kulta it did occur to me that this would effect the resale value if I chose to change it and sell...

As for cutting them ~ well I imagine it might but I can't say how doll people think. If they like the new look of it a lot then they will pay but not the full price of the original I'd imagine.

SAY...did you post pictures of your boy in his new wig yet?? :)

10. I haven't, and actually he has a new new wig now. And eyes. So I really should get pictures, except he's still pantless. Kinda limits the picture taking opertunities. Also, he might be getting a faceup at the anime convention this coming weekend. And pants, so I'll definately get some pictures then.

11. Just a question, have the Floy doll an ancient S-hook heacap or a magnetic one ? And does regular SD sized wigs suit him ? Because I find that my Megi and Feilian have smaller head than regular MSD, and their wig tend to be a bit lose on them...

Thanks in advance.

12. I'm not sure I understand your question, but I will try my best to answer it. My Floy has magnets in his head cap to keep the top of his head on, but he does have an S hook inside his head. As for wig size? I don't know what is the standard for SD size heads, but the wig I have to fit my Delf El moves around loosely on Floy, but Konlin sells wigs that fit him beautifully, http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98535 Look under Part 3 22.5 to 25.5 cm, they fit him beautifully.

13. The Floy 2s have magnetic head caps instead of ones held on with s-hooks and elastic.

As for wigs I can say confidently that that Jpopdolls 8/9 sized wigs fit Floy nicely. DZ dolls have big heads compared to some.

14. i was just looking at the dz website and Floy caught my eye. so i was wondering if anyone who already owns could supply some profile shots?? cauze i might be in love.

15. I agree with fnloathinglv. I would love to see some pics, please! This boy is so cute! Also, does anyone have pics of a tan Floy?? I'm really curious to see, but I'm scared of all the bad tan resin issues DollZone seems to be having right now...=/ Anyone having that issue?

16. Yes, I would love to see many more head pics as well, from every angle, light source and skintone possible; with and without faceups. I'm looking at the Tan Floy for my Grail Doll, a very specific character that needs just the right doll, and thus far, it's been impossible to find.

I need more references though as I do not trust the DZ photographers to show the doll in all of its lights.

17. Sorry, my Floy isn't a tan skin, so I'm no help there. But I do have pictures of him without face-up, I think I posted them in here...

Anyway, good news! My Floy finally got his faceup!! I'm hoping to get some good pics of it over the long weekend, so stay tuned kiddies for glorious face-up spammage!

18. Mm, I can't wait. <3 Make sure you get lots of different angles of his face. : D I like to see the doll I'm saving for, even if it's not in tan, I can imagine it well. :3

19. Well, I love my Floy's face up, but the eyes I bought didn't go at all. And now I've forgotten what size I need for him. What size eyes do you guys have in your Floys?

20. 16mm is the size that my Kulta wears. :)