1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone Introduces 70cm Dolls

Jun 27, 2006

1. So? Any word on how tall they are going to be?

For my sake, I hope they will be at least 63cm tall.
      It would be very difficult to find a tall body with a similer resin-color match.

**Added 60cm+ Dollzone boy to Wistlist*

2. So beautiful! I like the second one!! So beautiful

3. Ah God the Pink!

4. um, I have to say I don't like them at all..I am soo fussy..

Well ok, ok.. the first one is kind of nice to look at. They are weird looking though.

5. They're so very gorgeous~~!!

6. I'm actually somewhat fond of the elf head... but what I've seen of the body, it's a complete copy from Volks' Yujinojo. =/ I'm not fond of Dollzone, but if the head looks just as good in owner pics, I may have to see if I can find another body for him...

7. Hmm, are there comparison pics? Can someone post them? I don't think I love either of the faces I've seen enough to want to get one, but I'm always very interested in looking at new dolls. I hope the new body is not a copy of someone else's: (

8. Okay, I've found some body comparison pics, did this work? This is the first time I've tried to add a pic to a post, please lmk if this doesn't work so I can fix it.

[​IMG]

9. I never thought I'd fall for an elf... but the Link fangirl in me wants that boy badly! I hope they won't be limited, because I'm dead broke at the moment... ^_^;

10. Looking at the pictures......I don't like how tall they are. ^_^;;

Er, that's him in White skin right? and the smaller DZ dolls in Natural?
      ^_^;;;

Omg! I really wish you haven't mentioned that. *Pining for a Link BJD*
      :(

11. They're very obvious copies, I always believed the minis were copies of SD13 from the moment they came out. The only differences are that the DZ big boy was a sanded Yukinojo with a few extra cms of height to throw off people, and the minis are sanded down SD13 boys and were made smaller. Yes this is easy for talented copiers to do, the size difference does not prove that they weren't copied. By the way, this was posted on Volks' site, whether or not it's connected to this hasn't been confirmed.

12. Heh, I think it was the nose that did it; it's perfect for Link. But at least now you can get a Link doll for real someday! ^_^

13. Agreed, I'd probly try to get both heads. Looking past the original molds, I can see other faces in them. I'd like to get my hands on them and see what I can moddifiy them into.

14. Judging by pictures I've seen of the new Dollzone large body and the one that i9i9 posted...in addition to Volks recent warning on July 28 about "imitations": http://www.volks.co.jp/en/index.aspx I have to wonder of the "trouble" with the body concerns the extreme similarity between the two bodies. O_o

There are of course differences--the DZ body is of course taller due to the longer legs, and is slimmer and overall has less muscle definition all over, and is accordingly somewhat slimmer--but I could also see how a lot of those differences could be accomplished by sanding away at a Yukinojo body and perhaps sculpting a few extra cm to the legs.

The feet in particular look exactly the same to me between the DZ and SD16 bodies, particularly the doll's left foot, as the angle is almost exactly the same too. The hands also look the same, if you compare with other pictures and angles of SD16 boy hands here: http://www.superdollfie.net/sd/gentei/sd16/yukinojosawaragi.html

While I can see how there are only so many ways to sculpt a body with a torso joint, the fact that the pelvic area looks almost exactly the same too worries me--again the only difference I can see is less detail/muscle definition, which could possibly be accounted for due to recasting or sanding modification. Also the fact that the DZ doll's penis is exactly the same size and shape as Yukinojo's worries me. You'd think there'd be SOME difference there simply due to a different artist's sculpting abilities, but the only "difference" I can see is due to either lighting or the white skintone. *ahem*

All of these similarities, combined with Dollzone's previous history of copying and ripping off CP sculpts, is very disappointing to me. If nothing else for sure, the hands and feet and pelvis are at the very least direct recast copies of the SD16.

15. I compared the torso lengths on my monitor, the DZ one is noticeably longer.

16. Yes, it's very easy to add a cm of length here and there without changing the overall look too much. Volks did it with their normal leg SD13 body to make long legs.

17. Okay, found some more comparison pics. How can someone tell when two dolls are just having the same type of style, and when there's indeed copying going on?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. I haven't really posted pics here before, but I can see maybe the ones I posted aren't very good. If they are an annoying size or something, can someone plmk? I would hate for them to mess up the format of the page for everyone. Thanks.

19. When the doll in question has the exact same joints as a doll with a patented jointing system like KIPS.