1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone Introduces 70cm Dolls

Jun 27, 2006

1. My humble opinion: There's only so many ways to portray the human body and only so many ways joints can connect. There's nothing wrong with being inspired by another doll; it's a compliment. I see similarities, but I see just as many differences. There's nothing to get up in arms over.

Personally I don't like either body much, but the DZ one is far more attractive to me. Less lumpy.

2. This reminds me of a very bad tabloid story....No official word yet, huh?

By now, there's so many other beautiful dolls, I wouldn't take the poor things for free o_O Too much controversy.

3. have a really good look at the hip part and penis.

4. Yes, stealing is wrong, but I have yet to see instances of DZ stealing with their newer dolls. I have seen their minis in person and compared them to minis of other brands in person, and they are nothing alike. I know that people really want to be right about DZ continuing to make copies, but...maybe it's time for people to let it go. I completely understand not wanting to buy a DZ doll over past copying, however, that does not mean one should look so hard for copies that they see them when they aren't there.

I don't think the new big DZ looks anymore like the SD16 than dolls of varying companies look alike. However, they are only pictures and it's easier to make such judgements when seeing them in person which I haven't done.

Also, maybe you don't like DZ dolls--that's absolutly fine, but there are many people here that do and complaining about their "horrible proportions" and that they don't look like "real bjds" is hurtfull and uncalled for. They look just as much like a bjd as DoD, AngelRegion, Volks, etc etc etc.

This is what bothers me the most--is the amount of rudeness I've come across when it comes to DZs. I have several friends that have been met with very unthinking, rude, hurtfull comments at cons and on forums because they own DZ dolls. People like DZ, their dolls appear to be orginals, so suck it up and deal with it.

5. I'm really serious. you think I am desperately looking for similarities, when it seems so painfully obvious to me how similar these dolls are, while I think you are hiding from the truth but you really see the doll as original.

I feel like 'why can't you see it'. I wonder, can they really not see it or do they not WANT to see it? are they blinded by wanting the doll to be original so much? but then you think I'm blinded by wanting the doll to be a copy so...

it seems so, so obvious to me. this is agonising.I'm wondering, why when the evidence is so clear, when you know how this company grew up do you believe they are being good?

I'm sorry we'll never agree. we'll always both think we are right. I don't want to fight cos I know nothing will come of it.

in this picture two 60cm dolls from different companies
      [​IMG]

in this picture two 45cm dolls from different companies
      [​IMG]

in pic two the two artists work is obvious. you can see an obvious difference.
      what I wanna say is, the differences are easy. how many differences are there in the universe? the thing I want to clear up is the similarities. a limited number of ways to sculpt a boy just isn't solid enough.

6. We may never agree--that's life, it happens. I have friends that have DZ dolls, but I don't have any myself, and none are on my wish list (it's waaaay to long already), so I'm probably more impartial than some.

The evidence simply is not as clear as you feel that it is. While some might buy a copy even if they knew what it was, I'd like to think that many would not. So obviously, a good many people are not seeing what you see. I realize that DZ did not start out well, and that can easily color people's views (it's perfectly understandable), but that doesn't mean that things don't change. The reason I think that the company started puting out orginals, is due to what I've seen with my own eyes that work just as well as anyone elses (yes, and I did have my glasses on when looking at dolls, lol). When DZ first came out with new dolls, I was suspicious due to their past history too, but I changed my opinion *shrug*

I'm not one to start fights on forums--I really don't like fighting over things, but I'm so sick of people with DZ dolls being made to feel bad. If you want to say "Hey, I don't trust DZ" that's ok, but it isn't ok to trash their dolls up one side and down the other, because you don't like them. Dollshe boys aren't really my thing, but it doesn't make them anyless bjds. And some of the attitudes that appear here are also carrying over into other places and there is no reason to be rude to people over their doll choices.

7. You know, I think it's funny. This may be my unsolicited two cents, but even my mother, who knows absolutely nothing about BJDs, can tell the difference. That there really aren't THAT many similiarities, and that the DZ body is definitely not, as has been said, a "carbon copy".

This is a silly argument that needs to be laid to rest once and for all. Yeah, I understand that forums are full of people that have different opinions and that arguments are bound to happen as well as expected, but it's getting redundant. It's very plain that there are two sides, three if you count the indifferent, but there's nothing anyone can do until the decision has been made.

Jeez, if we really wanna get picky, I think the SOOM boy body looks a lot like the SD13 boy body. The similiarities are about the same.

Also think about it this way. Is what we all say here going to influence Volk's way of doing business, or DZ efforts to make a good body, or the courts ruling, or the fact that these two companies are in VERY different leagues anyway? No. So why continue to beat this into the ground?

Seriously. Let's all just get happy about the pretty boys again and give this a rest. I for one am looking forward to seeing them with their bodies, whatever they end up being. It gives me another option for my tall boys and an alternative to the lean Dollshe body.

8. I remember when soom came out a few people said they had CP-like bodies.

*sigh* I've said my peace, but all this fighting is making me sad.

9. .......The bodies..........I found some more comparison photos made by others......DZ 1/3 bodies VS Hound dodies........

I don't want to give any comments. Just share the photos and offer more infomation.

[​IMG]

The comparison of Hound hands VS DZ 1/3 Boy hands(Amella,hope you don't mind that I post your photos here. ^^;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ok folks he can't be a copy of both hound and sd16 unless hound is a copy too. Are we going to drive this into the ground even farther? Some people think it's a copy, others of us don't. Maybe we could all just drop it and let people love their dolls? Is it really hurting you if some of us decide we want to own one? Does it make your dolls worth less? I don't understand this cursade to make people feel bad about their dolls. I could say a lot of things about Volks, Dolshie, and many others that make them less attractive, but what would be the point, honestly?

11. Thank you, and well said.I really doubt that the argument will end, since so many people seem to be convinced, but...eh, I've had my say. Maybe one day dolls of all different types can be respected here. /wishful thinking

12. I think dollzone look like sd16 more then hound,sigh~the sd16's body is so duty,what did they do...I only can say,poor guy.....:( :...(

13. My friend Fishcure has sent the photos of DZ 1/3 boy bodies to VOLKS.
      And here is the letter from VOLKS to Fishcure...

日 期: 2006-06-30 10:07:38( 1 天, 6 小时, 38 分钟 前)
      &#21457;&#20214;&#20154;: "imos" <[email protected]> &#25298;&#25910; &#36992;&#35831;

&#20027; &#39064;: Re: About Doll Zone WEB (from VOLKS INC) [&#26032;&#31383;&#21475;&#25171;&#24320;]

Dear Fishcure san

Thank you very much for giving us such an important information.
      We are just really shocked and feeling very sad at
      the news provided from you.

But at the same time, we are having strong feeling of indignation.
      We will take appropriate measures against the infringers
      in a resolute attitude, to protect the concept treasured by
      all of our valued SD fans like you.

We are now working together with Authority, Our corporation lawyer
      and Patent attorney to deal with this case appropriately.
      We thank you for giving us this important information.

To inform other SD fans of this case and make them alert,
      we updated the Important Notice on the below site.
      Please refer to it.
      http://www.volks.co.jp/en/index.aspx

Again, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to you
      for giving us such an important information.
      We greatly appreciate your continued support for us.

Sincerely,

Copyright Management Department
      VOLKS INC.

14. I hate COPY!

Hope VOLKS can be successful in dealing with this case.
      Over~

15. Unless you take parts from one doll, parts from another, and make them fit together...it's like a larger resin version of kit-bashing.

16. *Groan* I just can't believe how far this is going... Can't a firm even try to correct their ways? People are so blind to the differences that it hurts.
      I can say that the hads are alertingly like Hound's, but that is beside the point now, when even Volks has been dragged into this.
      Kips isn't about the joint plates, but the joint surface material, so I doubt that DZ big boy has that.. Or should we ban Sueding now too? It's somewhat like Kips..

17. Ah, now but when I took a better look at the Hand comparison's too, they don't look so much alike.. the nails, the palm side and the thumb are different.. the pose is a bit too like their though, but I don't give a damn. xD

18. I'm actually still waiting to see the comparisons between the DZ hands and the SD16 hands. I don't speak Chinese and can't register for a Chinese board to view any images there.

19. Ack.
      The hands are similar, yes.
      There are only so many poses a 'relaxed' hand can have. Do you know how many ****ing dolls there are out there? The pose is in Luts and Dollmore dolls too, but you only compare Hounds as he is 70cm....for heavens sakes people!

Its easy to say they sanded, added epoxy, stretched etc other dolls. Using that logic, my dolls arent DoC'sm, their slimmed-down Kid Delfs with squashed faces and enlarged, sanded Yo-SD hands. They have the same waist joint as Kid Delfs and the same hands as some Delfs so OMGZ they're copies!

The problem with the bodies is probably that someone alrted Volks/CP to the similarities, and they're checking it out.
      But with so many dolls out there, there's bound to be similarities. I dont see anyone claiming the HEAD is a copy, now, just the joints. And there's only so many joints you can physically HAVE!
      Lets leave it to the companies to decide. It'd be a shame to run this company into the ground if they really HAVE cleaned up their act.

20. Well said!