1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone Introduces 70cm Dolls

Jun 27, 2006

1. I didnt mean the mini hands you posted, Kurosakura :) I meant the 'Hound' Hands pictured earlier in the thread. I think there is a chance that while they are the same scale as Hounds, they are a different shape and gesture.

And Im sure posts saying how fugly the dolls are anyway and how their owners should be ashamed at buying bootlegs have been removed by mods, as they would hurt the feelings of people who genuinely love their dolls. Id hate for someone to end up hating a doll he/she wanted badly enough to buy it, just because other people make them think their decision was at the worst end of WRONG. Like going as far as superimposing pics of other dolls arms and legs over pics of Dollzone dolls and declaring any owner who never saw the similarity to be either blind or thick (Im not using any particular example there). Thats just unfair and a bit bullish.

Anyway, if it is bootlegging, once the company in question has been informed theres very little we can do about it except await an outcome.
      We'd all have egg on our faces if it turned out there was no copying, and there'd be too many smug faces if YES, they DID copy, which is the more unbearable (I hate gloating in any way shape or form) so its best to take a neautral viewpoint on these particular dolls until the companies have had their say.

Is there still no word from Dollzone?

2. wooow i love the second one.

edit: umm.. ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? I know in some countries it isn't like that (more like guilty until proven innocent, and then we still suspect you). Until I see a court ruling that it is a copy, I will considering them original.

and those hands are similar, but not alike. At all. I mean come on, how many different hand poses could there POSSIBLY be? there are always going to be similarities.

3. Haha. Just found the whole argument and it made me laugh 'cause when Yukinojo came out, my first thought was: look at that, Volks mixed a CP and a Dollshe boy, then added some parts from their own Neo Go guy! :sneaky

I hope the whole matter will clear up quickly and that we'll get to see those super-articulated Dollzone boys! I sure hope they won't be limited...

4. Compare the old DZ hands with the old dollmore kid hands too ^^ I saw them both in person.

But yeah, those hands look like slightly less detailed versions ^^ And if Luts can come out with 10 different pairs of hands that are all different (thats only the optional ones available, and doesn't include the limiteds and some of the styles unavailable to buy separately) I don't see why it isn't possible to sculpt something that looks just a little different.

5. why would you want to support Dollzone? you've had two conflicts with them, one over a multi-tone doll and the other over the shape of your doll's arms. your tone the entire time has been ambivalent. it's not as if you're coming out of the closet here.

6. *glances around thread*

Stiiilll going....

You know, I sort of thought they were inspired by Dollshe, too, actually lol Anyone seen 'Secret Window'? This is totally reminding me of that. I feel all nuts and confused like Mort by now.

7. And as I've said countless times, I really like some of their head molds because they are very unique. Yes, I've had tons of trouble with them, but it doesn't mean I never wanted to believe in them. In fact, I believe that says a lot about my intentions. Despite all the troubles I've had, I wanted to like them as a company. All of the dealers connected to them, particularly the one I dealt with and have spoken to at length about not just dolls, but about Chinese culture and other things, seem like really nice people.

8. Ugh! This argument is still going?

Ok, I don't the like bodies so much. Thus I dont' care.
      I was never interested SD16 boy body either, thusly I don't give a damn if it was/was not copied.

:barf

Anyways, this thread is going way off topic. I request that the Admin/Modds to lock this thread.

(Honestly though, I think DZ should just stick to making heads....)

9. it would be nice if when a DZ topic comes up, we could talk about DZ instead of Volks, CP and god knows what else people want to bring into the thread. why not branch off other threads for that? this is the "DZ thread", that is the "why DZ is evil and whatever" thread. that way no one would ever get off topic!

10. This thread is temporarily closed.

11. personally this is what I think the DZ minis are. they are badly in proportion to themselves so...

[edited as its for the other thread]

12. Random thing...I really think the Megi, Mo, etc. mini's are in proportion. Like,really in propotion. As in, while other mini's have child proportions, they've adult ones.
      I've taken my Megi to meetups and everyone was very impressed with his size, built, proportions and craftsmanship. Sorry, but there's nothing wrong with the new minis. At all.

As for the big boys, I kinda wish they'd be slipper like the minis. Just be a bigger version. I'd be all over it. I don't like the new body all that much. Not bad, just not my cup of tea. I guess therein lay the similarities with the mold he's being accused of copying. I don't like the volks one at all. Too, too lumpy for my taste in boys.

13. maybe I've been too brash about the minis. personally I find them very visually unnapealing, but I understand that may be a matter of opinion. The main problem I have with them is the size of their faces. I find the look of the faces 'unfinished' but maybe its a style I don't get.

14. I do believe you have indeed been brash. The faces are not your style, I understand, but here are two pics of my Megi. I don't see anything especially unfinished or disproportional to him, save my own lack of faceup skills.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      I can easily see where the facial structure may not be to people's liking however. He's a hate it/love it kind of doll.
      As for the unfinished, I can see where that would come from in their first batch of mini's. Their features were far too...big? For minis. That and their heads were too large for their bodies. I was shocked at how different my Megi was from my Xi, proportion-wise.

I'd love if they made the new bodies just like the mini's, they're very attractively sculpted to me. The big guy's heads though are not to my liking. The noses are odd. ><;

15. Does anybody know what size.....erm, measurements these new heads are?(
      I hope that it's not much bigger then 23cm circumfince, or I'd be in trouble.
      ^^;;

Agreed, But it's easily fixed. *Grabs the sandpaper with an evil-grin.*
      XD

I just hope the resin-quality is nice enough so that I don't get any suprises. (Air-bubbles, ew.)
      *runs off to ask an DZ owner questions.*

16. yes a pity their noses seems a bit big.. but you really can fix that with sanding?? I want a 70cm boy to practuse stuff on and als as bfriend for my girl..

17. Hmm...and still no idea/word on when these lads will be coming out, or what price range we're looking at?

I do like these heads. They're definitely growing on me. I'll have to think about it some more.

18. Oh!!!
      It's going to be extremely hard for me to resist that elf...
      T.T

Raven