1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone Moment and Anson discussion part 1

Oct 14, 2011

1. YAY @Nasa congratulations on a new step for your doll!! I can't wait to see!!! And yes.. way too familiar to have these dolls unfinished for longer than you'd like! :sweat

2. Speaking of leaving dolls unfinished for a long time...I am still brainstorming my vision for Anson. The plan is still to paint her like a tropical bloom of some sort. I did mod her eyes open wider a few years ago. I thought I posted it here, but I couldn't seem to find it. So I decided to take her out and do some updated photos for that tiny bit of old progress. I may change up her choice of eyes, but I still love the idea of using the metallic lime green and turquoise splattered beads for them.
      [​IMG]

https://i.ibb.co/LdvzWsx/20210118-141311.jpg

#842 Spectrum_Rhapsody, Jan 18, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2021
    3. She looks wonderful, @Spectrum_Rhapsody ! I am very earnestly considering the same modification... I just don't love the shape of her eyes, but maybe i'll see what a faceup does for them first. I think very bright eyes definitelly suit her, all the eyes I try in her just seem to get "lost." I was also surprised how big her eyeballs were! I thought for sure she'd take 14mm, but it seems like she can take up to 18, which is larger than most of my SD dolls! I need to make her a custom pair; I'm thinking 18 small iris

4. Update on Anson. I modded her eyes open a smidge wider than I had previously done. Plus I added some suede to the head to cushion the pressure from the S hook on the inside of the head and lined the inside of the neck recess on the outside of the head. I will eventually suede the rest of the body, but I want to wait until I dye the joints that I plan on dyeing first before I glue the suede there.

[​IMG]

5. Looking great!! I like the modified eye shape

6. Alright since my minifee project is on the backburner due to a wait on new elastics, I went to the hobby store yesterday and lucked out on a sale on their floral supplies. Now that I have plucked what I want from my purchases the decision today is do I want to venture into dyeing the specific Anson parts I want to dye or do I want to work on making her clothing out of the flower parts? I'm doing one of the two today. Maybe both if I have time?
      [​IMG]

7. Progress on Anson. Finished my move and when art school isn't keeping me busy, I'll try t get to working on her again.
      Dyed her a few months back. Only did the parts pictured. Going to paint her floral pieces separately. Sueded her legs and torso, along with the neck recess on her head. She stands beautifully on her own, I don't know how the weight of the arms and head will affect this once fully assembled. Started working on her attire as well.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. @Spectrum_Rhapsody Ooooooh! What an exciting project! I love where you’re going with this so far. It’s always so exciting to see one of these sculpts brought to life in a creative sense. I love it because each person’s take with this sculpt is so artistically unique.:)

9. I thought I had forgotten about these two but alas, one popped up on my IG on the feed of a faceup artist I follow!

...I think Anson may have turned into a bit of a grail. Has Dollzone ever re-released these gorgeous flowers by any chance? I am guessing I have to hunker down for the long haul and hope to find one second-hand!

10. @LiselT They have not. They were originally a standard release, but I'm guessing after they realized how much work it would be to maintain their sculpts they decided to discontinue them.

11. In addition to the complexity of casting them, there was a lot of breakage and difficulty in shipping them. So when they announced the final order, even then you had to agree to accept the doll as is if you ordered, as they would not be able to make any replacement parts. I do not think they would ever re-release them because of all this.

12. @Cloudedmind & @Lady Ravenswood Makes sense, but poop. I guess I will have to be on the lookout.

When they were released I thought they were gorgeous but I was only collecting SDs and thought I would be content to admire from afar. I was also only allowing myself dolls that shelled my characters. ....yeah, I broke that rule and the flood gates have opened! :XD: I held out for 10 years, but it happened and now I would absolutely love one in my studio room. :love I'd love-love-love to see one blushed up like some of my friend's daylilies!

Thanks guys, I am off to nose around and consider a WTB thread in the near future! :whee:

13. That must have been my Moment you saw. I broke all my rules to get him at the time and I'm not sorry! :XD: Now I have to finish painting his body. :shudder

14. Its been so long! How is everyone's garden? Are your projects finally completed? I would love to see final versions of your flowers.. (well, final is never truly final...)

After more than 10 years with the same faceup, I finally decided to freshen a bit my poor old Anson... and ordered her a custom faceup from a makeup artist. At first I was afraid I would "lose" a bit of her in the process, but it came out really nice! The artist (Koala Krash) really pushed forward my design and I love her so much...
      [​IMG]

15. Oh wow! She’s positively gorgeous!!! <3<3<3:)

16. @Lorelei_D Absolutely beautiful! I love how well the colours of her clothes and the paint job match each other, that's not the easiest thing to pull off.
      And great to see some activity in this thread, too. Anson and Moment are two dolls that despite being so highy specialized right in the sculpt, really seem to trigger people creativity in how the sculpts get interpreted by their owners. They embody what the BJD hobby is all about in a wonderful way.

17. OMG guys! For any of you who have ever wanted one of these amazing sculpts, Dollzone is re-releasing their flower dolls, Moment and Anson, for a limited time until October 15th as part of their Autumn/Anniversary event.

[​IMG]

#857 PoeticSoul, Sep 12, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
    18. I was so surprised! I confess I only just got my Moment sealed and reassembled a couple of months ago. :eek:

19. My Moment is still sitting in his box with the Tiger Lilly flower inspired faceup I gave him for a DoA anniversary challenge from yeeeeears ago.:sweat

20. Well, my girl has been complete for well over a decade…and she’s making her wishes pretty clear.:sweat She says she’s waited long enough!

[​IMG]

I just ordered a Moment in green skin.:)

#860 PoeticSoul, Sep 12, 2023
      Last edited: Sep 12, 2023