1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone Moment and Anson discussion part 1

Oct 14, 2011

1. I don't know if this has been raised before as I have a job keeping up with this thread, but what are the seam lines like on these? On the photos I have seen, I can't spot any. I am just rather dreading carefully sanding those delicate petals.

2. I fell in love with the Anson body the moment I saw her - the body not the flower parts. They are very pretty but I figured that a doll like that would have broken petals within a week if I got her here. Anyway, now I ordered one of the new girls with the Anson body with normal arms - and I'm very much looking forward to her and want to start to make clothes. Thatfor my question to the Anson owners: does anyone have the doll with the extra human arms? And does she fit clothes made for Unoa or Minifee?

3. Her top is very small, it could probably fit Ken clothes. Her bottom is quite wide. Unoa pants might not work if they aren't stretchy. I was just able to squeeze my Anson into a pair of corduroy pants by SusanR, Desert Rose Couture. Unoa skirts work great! :)

4. Thank you all for answering. Yes I had found that thread already - there are some really nice outfits in there. I have bought both so by the end of april I should be able to post Bella and Renate together and have a look for the differences. According to the sites Renate is about 0.5cm bigger - waist, hips and chest - that is why I came here. :) I think that whatever Anson fits, will fit Bella too.
      I wish they had an Anson head without the petals... perhaps with elfears? I would buy the head! :)

5. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Forgiveness for the quick pics compared to the wonderful photography of everyone else.
      Her arms were quite tricky to get on. I'm so used to having SD size dolls that the proportions threw me off a bit at the beginning. Almost had a mini heart attack when her elastic slipped through my fingers and right up into her first petal ;3;

6. The elastic slipping away ticks me off. That's why I always use an extra long piece of string that way if it slips I can still retrieve it without haveing to undo my hardwork!

7. I had taken off the string and was about to put on her hand petal because the first time i just didnt have the room to have both the string and her last petal on the elastic, and it just went 'shlooop' right up to her shoulder ;3;

8. Congratulations,AcidReign, on her arrival. She's gorgeous and that faceup and petal blushing is absolutely divine! And Gugu and Lulu look so cute with her too...they're such adorable little companions for Anson.:)

I was actually very surprised when I opened my Anson and found Gugu and Lulu in pink plushy bags at the top of her box (No eyes were included for Lulu however...poor thing was completely blind) because I had ordered DongDong instead. But they were such a cute gift that after seeing them in person, I wasn't upset in the least. So imagine my delight when I lifted Anson and her parts out completely and found DongDong in her pink plushie bag hiding underneath everything! Turns out I got all the free gifts! My Anson had somehow smuggled her entire entourage into the box with her. Now that's one very determined flowergirl!;)

9. AcidRain: your girl looks great in WS

PeoticSoul: congrats on the entourage

10. Just found this thread and am enjoying seeing everyone's dolls and hearing their ideas. I got my Anson last week:
      [​IMG]
      yes I strung her arms wrong still not sure though if I am gonna fix them or just leave them as is.

11. Huh... wonder if i should look under the cushion. XD

12. Welcome buterflyrose! I saw your girl in the Runway Glamour challenge and was quite excited to see another Anson entered to costume. I'm really surprised that her arms look good that way as well...I think they look rather more "human" like that. My, my, but she's a very versatile girl!

13. Butterflyrose, I think her arms look very good like that, I agree with PoeticSoul that they look more human somehow.

I wanted to order the extra arms with my Moment & Anson, but decided not too right now. Money is one reason, but I'm also thinking about getting my DollChateau Bella in PS instead of WS, and would like to string the Bella body with the petal-arms and heads and see how it would look.

I love Bella's spindlyness and wonder if it might not make a great look for a flower, as her arms and legs are so thin they're easily somewhat stem-like.

Tsukasa, thank you! I do love that aspect of the worlds as well, but I admit it is mostly an excuse to run around gaping and exploring, as the worlds itself are just so beautiful they eat all my attention :).

14. I would not have thought to associate them to myst and on.

15. :D I'm so happy I can join everyone else who has one of these beauties on order. My Anson is on layaway so I won't see her for months, but I'm just so excited to get to buy her!

Originally I was planning on painting my girl like a stargazer lily, but things have changed. Now her name will be Peaseblossom. She's one of Queen Titania's attendants. Her flower parts are going to be based off the colors of sweet peas, so I'm probably going to do a sort of ombre effect on her petals in pinks and peaches and lavender with a little soft yellow thrown in. I'm still blushing her body in green though.

Has anyone taken pics with the human hands in place of the last petal? I'm trying to decide if I'll want to keep her petal arms, change out the end petal with hands, or just use human arms.

16. Yes, I would love to see the hands on these dolls as well. I did order hands but after all the talk about putting those arms together I am not sure if I want them on. I can't imagine myself changing them after they are strung. That might be hard enough as it is. I ordered Anson the first of December so wondering if she will be coming soon. I am getting really excited on see her and start painting her. Not dying to string those bloody arms though. My back up will be a friend who knows how to string dolls. If that doesn't work, I might hunt down Kittywolf and pound on her door with my doll in hand pleading for help. We are going to Orlando in April. Just kidding Kittywolf, I don't think Naples is near Orlando and I plan on hanging with Mickey and Minnie when we are there when we aren't golfing. I love Florida. Much better than Canadian winters.

17. Just lovely! He will look fantastic completed. Well worth all those hours. ^__^

18. That's soooooo awesome! And thank you for linking to a picture of the back of Moment's head- I've never seen that angle before and was completely unaware that it even looked like that.