1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone new Chen and Hong

Sep 19, 2008

1. ooh, and i'm soooo sooo sorry to be asking another question..
      ( i can't help it- but i need a chen ):sorry

but... well, what size shoes should i be looking for if i was to get a 72cm chen?... Dollzone puts his foot length at 8cm and ankle width at 9cm >.o
      i'm not sure what size i should be looking for! would a "9cm" shoe fit him?....no idea! especially when they start throwing in shoe widths! *blah. feels stupid and such* any 72 body owners out there to give advice?.... I really want some nice, simple shoes that will fit poor chen....

2. I got a pair of Model size shoes for my Chen, he has the 72cm body and that was a BAD idea. The shoes are too BIG so I am keeping them for my Mecha Angel when he gets here. I did buy a pair of high top sneakers in the SD size section from Dollmore and they fit him great, it took some pulling and tuggin to get them on. He wears Hound size shoes which is 8.2cm to 8.7cm, but I would not buy anything past 8.7 or your Chen will swim in it. Hope to take some pics of him wearing them to show you what I mean, but this cold I have has my senses off*_*

3. hhuumm... thank-you! i still find this shoe business difficult... but i'll do my best and keep looking... i don't want to buy shoes that don't fit! ;__;

4. I'm curious...somebody told me, that Yue, Chen and Hong are the same molds, just with different eye-shapes.
      Is this right?O__o'

'cause I wanted to buy a Yue and open his eyes,but when he's also available with open eyes (as Chen),I'll buy the Chen instead o__o°

5. Hong is on my list of wants for the future. I love his sculpt and look. I have a Dollzone Ying and just find him so easy to change expressions with his clothing and wigs.
      The Hong sculpt is lovely. :love

6. Oh lord XD I have never really wanted a DZ until now, but wow wow, I so don't have money for this right now XD

7. I don't think they look that similar. Chen's nose is more pointed and I think the lips are different too. Maybe they have the same base sculpt but got differed features?
      And I heard that they plan to release Yue with more open eyes in the future, which would be kinda useless if they're the same. :)

8. Yue, Chen, and Hong aren't the same except for their base molds, which those are even slightly changed after awhile too :)
      And I know that soon they'll be making Yue's with wider eyes, so just be patient and you'll get him :3nodding:

9. How soon is soon?XD 'cause I wanted to buy him in the end of December or the beginning of January ^^'

anyway, thanks to you two <3

10. I wish to know that too, as I am tempted to get him asap. ^^; I heard it "should" be around December/January, but it's nothing 100%.

11. I'm not totally sure myself, so don't hold me to this, but I believe he is suppose to be out in January or maybe if they're lucky, late December.
      Just as Kyuugou said. But like I said, don't quote me on it! :sweat

12. We just have to wait and see I guess, hehe. But if I hear something new about it, I'll let you know. ^^

13. December or January would be perfect...well, we just have to wait XD

14. Glad you're not freaking out about it Ara*, some people I know would be all like
      "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" *dramatically falls to knees*
      XD ^^;

15. Thank so much i do not find the time to takes other piccies yet,but i will do as soon as possible hoping that his new clothes will come to me soon.

16. I am glad I found this thread because I am torn between these 2 sculpts. If anyone has any pics of these 2 so I can compare better, it would be much appriciated! :D
      $abbatha: i looked on your link, but all your pics were deleted :(

17. Jackalope: I have a 72cm Hong. You're welcome to peruse my photobucket album, in the ball-joint dolls section. Small warning -- it's a bit of a mess and the pictures can be repetitive. I'm one of those obsessives who takes lots of pictures in order to have a wide selection to choose The Best from. >_> The doll in question is Orrien, he's not hard to miss. ;) You'll actually find more of him in various poses in the Azaal folder, so I'd suggest checking out that. All those are a few months old now. Here's a couple current ones of him..... hope you all don't mind a bit of a pic spam. ^_^''

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry that these are the best I've got on hand at the mo, as far as sculpt comparison goes. And that these are a bit dark. Orrien dislikes the flash. ;)

18. I recently ordered my first SD sized doll, a DZ Chen with the 72cm body. While I'm waiting for layaway, etc, I'm doing window shopping for outfits, eyes, wigs, etc, and wanted to get some advice from people on what fits/doesn't? I went with the 72cm body, which I gather is somewhat skinnier then the 70cm? When I'm looking for clothes and such online, should I be looking for the SD13 type, or something more specific? Since this is my first big doll and I don't want to repeat some of the mistakes I've made in getting stuff for my pukis, and I'm a little worried now that the 72cm body is going to make fitting stuff more difficult.

16mm for the eyes and 8/9 for the wigs is correct, I'm assuming?