1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone returns?

Feb 11, 2006

1. You've every right to your view and I agree that this is important information that other people buying from Dollzone would want to consider before deciding to purchase. It's also clear that you weren't trying to offend anyone.

The key word here is 'other places'. I only felt this might be more appropriately discussed in a different thread where it wouldn't be directly linked to an individual retailer rather than just the company.

2. hmm... I have been looking into getting one of these dolls, but the thing is I have heard that the resin isn't very good quality, is that true?

3. I'm not allowed to mention the other forum cos of the rules...

but on the (chinese) forum these dolls are both loved and hated...

some people love having a cheap doll (they used to be around $80 over there if i remember right), and others find it morally wrong that those people want the cheap doll because it might hurt CP. there are serious flame wars over there about this

the resin used to be very cheap and tacky, but this might have changed,

btw I am not trying to put any blame or guilt on the seller-she didn't make the dolls!

4. I'm sorry if anybody is offended by my posting a new thread for this. Given the history of the brand name, I felt like it was a question that needed to be asked. If DZ had an official website, I would rather have linked to that, since the seller on eBay always has some great items for sale. I like the faces of the dolls, and hope if/when somebody can do a side-by-side comparison, the dolls will be originals.

5. the topic needed to come up eventually...since these boys have been out in china for a while, its just a shame the seller was implicated, but nothing was deliberate so...its ok right?

6. Does anyone have the link to their 'official' website?

7. I thought it was only the dolls and Dollzone itself that were being questioned. The Ebay seller seems to be legitimate to me.

8. I don't think they meant anything against the seller. There was another person on here who posted about these dolls and was asked by DZ to become a retailer. She declined after seeing the evidence of copying. It's in one of the threads quoted here. I think it's just assumed that this seller didn't know the controversy or is convinced it won't be repeated, since they said the copied dolls won't be sold again.

It's just hard when someone has been caught redhanded at copying to believe them when they try to be legit. What shortcuts did they take to cut costs when now they have to pay for original sculpts? Did they fix the knee problem that was pointed out before?

A company who is not concerned with ethics is not going to consider going legit...just how to mask their shortcuts easier to get out an inferior product -_- I personally find it hard to believe that they would suddenly see the light and make new sculpts, when there are so many who are willing to buy them no matter who they copy. :(

9. Okay, this is the part where I am very, very confused.
      ... there's clearly some history with this DollZone company, but, ah, what is it?

10. no what I meant was, I hope this thread will not make anybody have bad associations with the ebay seller, I wasn't very clear,,.

I think you are right...because many people in china never cared that the girl dolls were copies, so the consumers there wouls buy the boys regardless just cos of the price..

11. Although I have read some previous threads, I'm not well versed enough in the DollZone topic, so don't think that I'm specifically talking about DollZone here...

But when dolls are too "affordable" there is usually a reason why. Especially if there are reports of previous dolls from this company having bad quality resin (if anyone remembers the Forever Dolls copy dolls, who would literally crack, chip, and fall apart from more than the slightest bit of touching) then even if the newest batch of dolls are not obviously a direct copyright violation, I know that I personally would be leery of buying dolls from that company. At the very least, copyright issues aside, I would be worried about resin quality.

As always, we urge people to do as much research as possible into new and unfamiliar BJD companies before making purchases.

12. As a kid delf owner myself, examining the pictures closely I would say that those legs arn't a copy of CP's. Theres a shape to them that the kid delfs don't have which is very apparent in the picture comparing skin tones. I don't really see many similarites at all...the only things that came to mind when I look at the photos was how similar the torso and the bottom torso peices are to volks SD13 (including even the shape of the belly button) but they're not the same. And this got me thinking...

How many companies out there have body sculpts which are similar to other companies? I know there have been pleanty which have confused me a little sometimes. What I am trying to say is that because of this companies history, we may just be making connections that arn't nessesarily there.

As there is no solid evidance this time round (unlike the Woori picture provided by Asato) we should reserve judgement.

However, from the pictures it does look like this doll has some posibility issues, which could be caused by sculpt issues or resin quality. Owner pics would be usefull. Then again, the doll is $200, and you get what you pay for.

13. Huh? Anyone have a DoC longlegged body want to double check that? Alas, I only have the girl's body in my home, so I can't take the pictures to prove it.

14. I'm not convinced the new heads are copies... but I can't comment on the bodies- I have no eye for bodies.

If the heads are copied, then a lot of work has gone into making them look unrecogniseable, IMO....

15. To me, the bodies look like a hodgepodge of a bunch of different companies bodies. Like, the hands and legs look exactly like CP and the chest looks like DoD. I can't see any similarities in the heads to other companies. Their faces do look a little big for their heads so maybe they are sanded down versions of something else but, I don't see it ^^;;

16. The only thing I really notice about the bodies is that the fingers look very fat... Which, *if* they are copied (and I'm not sure they are) may be a sign of bad moulding from an original doll..

17. One thing that bothers me is that there are no pictures that the body can sit up straight, without help. There's one pic showing the body bent back, showing how the knee bends, and another of the body sitting, but using the back of the chair to help it sit up. So I'm wondering/hoping the body can sit up on it's own. O_o

18. I own 4 DOD boys, and yes, I think the bodies joints look like DOD, but those ankles are definately nothing like my boys or girl. Going by the meaurements they are taller then DOD long-legged also.

19. I think this is well put... I couldn't agree more.