1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone returns?

Feb 11, 2006

1. EDIT: I just read through this and the tone seems angry, I don't mean it that way! I'm calm!

I'm glad everyone is expressing their individual opinions (doesn't seem to happen much here...haha)

some of us might think think; if these are not copied it makes it all ok, and some of us might think; if these are not copied it doesn't matter cos the company stole in the past

maybe I'm being too precious to hold a grudge, but then again, is that history really that easy to ignore and forget? should I just forgive the copying and cheap fragile resin they used to use (even if they improved now) and scamming their customers? (not to mention insulting the hobby..)

I'm thinking, theres no need for me to forgive DZ. but, if anyone here gets these dolls, I should be happy for them getting themselves a new doll ^-^

2. People do express their opinions here, and are more than welcome to express them, as has been stated many times.. so long as they are polite and respectful about it. It's only if it devolves into personal attacks and flaming that there's a problem.

3. I saw a Dollzone doll this weekend myself. She was the one who was supposed to look like Woori, and I can honestly say that she didn't.Her face or body sculpt wasn't copied from the others. The resin is just like any other. I saw it with my own eyes, and held her with my own hands. And frankly, after seeing her in person, I'm confident in buying from the company. I'm even thinking of getting a boy msd myself.

I don't mind that everyone flips out about scammers, but when a NEW company is coming out, everyone always jumps in to denounce them. Be cautious, but give people a chance as well, before attacking...

4. I thought DZ actually admitted to the Woori copy...could be totally misguided though...

again we don't have all the facts over here...

one word - sanded

and I guess my joke about not expressing ourselves wasn't funny ehe ^-^;;

Evolving_me: I'm not saying I don't trust your judgement...but the pics on page one of this thread of Lynn and Woori are so identical..even the ears are...I just find it hard to believe that could be a coincidence. what do you think?

5. I think the pics of Lynn and Woori prove that that particular mould of doll was a copy... but these new ones, and others made by the company, might well be genuine new dolls.

6. So... does anyone have a link to their website? I've looked through all the threads and I still can't find it. @_@

7. they don't have a website..at least they never did have one

8. Yeah, the Lynn is really Woori thing is a done deal. You simply can't look at that photo and say theres a difference. ^^;;;

9. I remembered seeing one and reading of someone visiting it. And Yahoo! didn't help me find it either. ^^; Oh well.

10. I'm not saying there aren't similarities in the images, it's obvious that there are. But the doll I saw on Sunday at the meet is from Dollzone, of that particular mold and is NOT a copy of Woori.

If the owner in question decides to submit pictures of her, you'll see her yourself. But the problem is that with everyone jumping down owners throats, NO ONE is going to want to post theirs.

11. that is a valid point, but also if the dolls _are_ copies, then that is worthy of being discussed, even if it makes people uncomfortable.

12. Except DollZone themselves won't make those two particular "copied" dolls anymore. That sort of tells me something was definitely up. Afterall, they were never limited edition dolls. And changing the head mold a teeny bit just to make it slightly different doesn't really make it any less a copy imho.

Now as for the new dolls, I don't think either head is a copy of any particular doll. However, given their past history I don't feel comfortable dealing with such a company. That and I'm a bit wary of the resin quality.

13. I don't mean this to sound rude in the least. But...have you actually taken a look at the photo by Asato? Theres a Lynn on the left and a Worri on the right. I fail to see how any one could look at that and disagree. The picture doesn't only show similarities, it's a mirror image.

But, that point has been exhasted in previous threads. Prehaps there are variations between the dolls themselves? o.o If the quality of these dolls is truely up to sratch, I can't help but wonder what corner they are cutting. I would love to see a picture of your friends Lynn up against the photo Asato provided.

Also, no one is jumping down anyones throats. I'd be quite happy to look at a post with a doll zone doll in it. I have my opinnions, but I respect other peoples, and the fact that I personally wouldn't buy one these dolls wouldn't make me judge anyone that has.

I'm sure alot of people here would feel the same way. :daisy

P.S. Prehaps your friend has a Natasha instead of a Lynn? Natasha is very similar to Lynn, differences being her eyes are much bigger, her nose is a little softer, and she is less smiley.

14. It's because the petty things are usually taken as personal offense and turned into a three-ring circus, but THIS means "hey, cheap doll", questionable morals or not, even though there's intellectual property and copyright issues involved. Anything to save a buck for some, I suppose, as long as -they're- not the ones getting their things stolen.

15. Hiyas!

Put up with me if this has been suggested before, but acutally, any successful item will be copied... You who collect American Girl dolls (as I used to) have probably seen all the cheap knock-offs which used the molds of the arms and legs at least, and at least one of the heads (Josefina).

I'm not saying this is right, but it's just a common practice.

So I (personally) would be ready to be forgiving of a company who was trying to go legit...

Raven

16. Well, I've got a long-legged DoC body and I've gotta say the torsos aren't the same. They're jointed at a higher point on the DZ doll and their are defined bones in the sternum area that DoCs don't have. Also, the hips seem more sharply defined, though that could be the flash. ^^;

Hope that's of some help!

17. I don't want any DZ owners to be intimidated... my personal stance is- I don't trust DZ and I wouldn't buy one of their dolls, end of. But, I would never ever begrudge someone for buying a certain doll, because I can understand how much that would hurt, having an unpopular doll myself.

btw- some info from a friend in China- try the head on a 1/3 body...

18. I'm with you on this--it's depressing to see the way people automatically jump on a new company if their dolls aren't 110% different or if they don't have affliates with other legit companies.

The heads look quite unique to me, to the point that if they *were* copied they lost all traces of their original mold so it's a moot point. Aside from that, the ears are much farther back and the forehead is shaped different than any doll I can think of except maybe Rasendo--and that's just for the forehead part. The ears and the nose.... it's a unique mold, imho.

19. How you guys can easily forgive the company sold copied dolls once even though they don't sell the copied doll anymore.(Well, I read the thread about copying woori..)

Beacuse it's very EASY to copy a head or a part mold of BJDs, comparing with copying a doll made from soft plastic like barbies or blythe dolls, copying doll parts is strictly prohibited to pretect doll artists. If someone copy a doll even a head not a whole doll, they are usually ousted from doll communities and never return.

20. I do think it's odd that ollzone is trading again, and for the record, I wouldn't ever buy from them.

having said that, I still think it's good that even though they are trading again, they are not (as far as we can tell) trading another copied doll. If they were, it would be adding insult to injury for the BJD community.