1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollzone returns?

Feb 11, 2006

1. he is gorgeous - honestly , I dont think the face-up dose him justice on the Ebay Auction ...I cant wait to put the face-up on my boy ...he has told me his name is Taren

2. I think that's a good point, and very well put. even though I still don't think DZ are that honest, I don't disagree with you here.

I just want everyone to have a clear idea on whats what, and with the arrivals of tinybear and ravendolls boys our minds have been put at rest that these particular dolls are unlikely to be copies...however I'm still wary...but that's simply my personal feeling

3. My turn.....

My Doll Zone Yi - normal skin arrived yesterday. I am thrilled with him! The quality is superb, not a seam to be seen, stands without effort, sits straight and just in general a hell of a doll for $199.99 and $38 shipping.

As far as knock offs, stealing, copying or whatever label is given...
      I would love to hear from some one living in China that knows the customs, laws, and any other information regarding the earlier "Doll Zone rip off ". We can all sit here and speculate whether they were right or wrong but it boils down to we just don't know.

I for one, love my new boy and intend to enjoy him as a new member of my doll family. Hopefully he will get a face up this weekend. He will have to stand in line for a little while for clothes, but when his face is done, he will be proudly displayed on my website UNLESS or UNTIL it is proved to me beyond reasonable doubt that this company IS crooked.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Karin

4. I just want to highlight this quote and point it out.
      how many bodies are the same/similar. angel region/blue fairy? hmmmm..~
      just cause it looks~ similar doesn't mean it exact. i mean there's only so many different ways to do a knee joint. a lot of them are going to look similar.

I think just because of past history people are really really searching for any sort of imperfection they can find. any similarity to another doll becomes a debacle over whether they've copied that.

omg it has ball joints! copied~
      seriously calm down.

I love the head molds on Xi and Yi, i think they're gorgeous from all the owner pic and i can't wait to see them with owner's face ups and i love the fact that the body is taller.
      and yes i can understand your worrying with reason 2. just reading these last 5 pages makes you nervous with all the people hating on DZ that there's going to be at least one or two people who are just going to keep making comments about 'poor resin' or even 'ooh you have a DoD and a DZ. so tell me are the bodies exactly the same? they are aren't they? aren't they? i knew it!!'

DoD eyes aren' theirs either. i believe they're artistique or one of the other companys.. and other doll companies use the same eyes and so on and so on. okay they don't make their own eyes. they're a new company so they bought eyes instead. is that a horrible horrible thing? no.

also even if the sculpt is similar it's not going to be exact porportions down the millimetre.. especially since the DZ dolls are taller.

I personally love the bodies and heads~ and am considering getting that taller body as i'm so glad someone has come out with a 46cm mini. i just have to find out resin similarities with a DoD and how the body would look with a DoD head... hmmmmm...
      also can't wait to see more owner pics.

5. The reason the AR and BF bodies look the same is because they employed the same artist to use for their body sculpt. I hope you are not implying that either Angelregion or Blue Fairy copied the other.

6. I don't think that's what she's saying, I think she's just trying to point out that there are only so many ways to sculpt a BJD. There are going to be dolls from different companies, with different sculptors, that are going to have a similar body type, it's inevitable.

7. I think the main reason the companies have similarities to scult a BJD is that they contract with the same artist. For example, some dolls of AR and BF were made by the same artist, and it's same to Petti and Lati.
      And the second reason is that many doll artists learned from the SAME teacher.
      In Korea and Japan, there are a few schools educate how to scult a doll including a BJD. To my knowlege, the main artist of Lati doll is a disciple of the main artist of Narin doll. (Well, it's very hard to find any similarity from both of them because of the size..)

But Not Dollzone.
      There is NO way to defense them if their dolls have any similarity with a doll from another company.
      (But I'm not saying they are copied.. because I don't know about it.)

8. Oh wow, the Dollzone boys are tall! Cute too!

Arg, I wish I hadn't decided to stop buying minis... How's are they at posing? I very may well end up getting one anyway since they're so very, very cute!

9. boleyn got it right. i wasn't implying they're copied cause yes i do know same person, same sculpt.

I was trying to say that alot of bodies look similar and bodies are even harder than faces to tell if they're the same or just similar unless put directly next to each oher in a photo.
      it's why we have so many threads asking for comparison pictures and it's something people do the instant they get a doll of a different brand from the ones they own. they take photos of them together for comparison and you only then realise how different.

i'm not going to defend what they once did. i'm just saying that i think a lot of the similiarities that people are stating now are because people are desperately searching for them.

10. defend not defense

but it has not been proven that these are copies and the company might be trying to start fresh, the heads don't look similar to others and there are no other bodies that are 46cm tall correct?

i won't defend what they did. i defend their second chance. i also defend the owners of DZ dolls who might be reading this and getting discourage about this forum because it appears people will hate their dolls before they've even recieved them.

11. Very well put. I think they deserve a second chance. They acknowledged that what they did was wrong, and they stopped doing it. And they came back, under the same name, which I think took a lot of guts.

Basically, this is what it boils down to:
      If you like their dolls, and you want one, buy the doll. If you have a problem with the company, don't. But even if you don't agree with owning one, don't flame on people who did buy them; it's unneccessary, it's rude, and it's against the whole point and rules of DoA.

12. I really hope no one feels intimidated into not buying a doll they love.

but no one's ever been flamed here for their doll, and there has been far bigger controversies with doll companies than this.

even when people post their 1/6 dollfies they don't get flamed..

13. I got my Dollzone Xi today.... and well, he's not perfect. Granted, for the price I paid, I wasn't expecting perfect, but I was expecting the basics to be covered. Such as all of the resin matching...

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53864

I'm really upset because I LOVE his face. His face is wonderful and full of character. And even though I could forgive his joints not being totally perfect or as nicely done as they could be, the resin not matching isn't something I can tolerate.