1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone The Moon and The Star Discussion

May 31, 2016

1. I'm not keen on gore (OK then I feel faint!) but each to their own - certainly inspiring creative ways to display these dolls - I love what you've done with them Sadomina! :thumbup

just incase anyone's interested - Alices Collection has some of these in stock now! :horror:

2. Denver Doll just sent me a shipping confirmation! :lol:

3. Yeah me too!

4. Well my Moon arrived but I'm not very excited. The blushing isn't as dark as the company photos and looks...well pinkish and bright red. I was hoping for a darker look. The eye had fallen out which is easily fixed but the spine was broken in too parts. I wasn't impressed with the wrapping around that (a paper towel?). I've sent a picture to DDE to see what can be done. Glad I didn't order any of the new dolls. I'm done after this.

@Sadomina what did you do about the broken spine?

[​IMG]

5. @dollhausen ... Firstly Thankyou for sharing your new doll so quickly. I am terribly disappointed to see this breakage occurring for the 2nd time now!!! And really believed the delay in shippong would be due to improving packaging etc. The blush is absolutely nothing like the company shots, and I would feel very annoyed and quite let down by DollZone at this point, but I am quite sure you will sort things out. However during this order wait time, I have come to learn that DollZone do not answer my Emails, and if they do the reply tells me they are on holiday in April 2015 !!!!!!
      I am very concerned about both my DZ orders now, and understand your action of 'Being Done' with them.

6. @dollhausen Oh this is so sad to see her broken again!! Dollzone will replace this part - maybe it might take a little longer because it is blushed, but I'm sure they will send you a new part. As for mine, I told my dealer about the broken spine and the immediately sent me a replacement part (wich arrived on Friday).
      The blushing seems really pink... not what I had expected as they had shown in their promotion pictures. Maybe, if you don't like it this way, you could add more blushing to darken and spoil the pink colour (maybe some blue/grey like they used for the faceup).
      Spine: If you use some layers of (very much)watered acrylic paint (or even water colour) it will give the blushing on the spine more depth (the colour pigments will stay in the grooves of the spine this way.

7. @Sadomina That's a good idea, to try and blush over it. I've never done any of my own paint but maybe now is the time to experiment. Thanks for the advice. Maybe this will start a whole new path for me.

@HoneyRyder After what happened with Anson I thought Dollzone would be more careful by now. But at least they're trying and it sounds like they stick by their customers and replace the broken parts so that's good.

8. I'm so excited you guys -- I finally sold a body I'd been holding onto for ages, so I splurged and bought a Moon in stock at DDE! This is the first doll I don't have to wait months for... SO weird. I am totally not a gore person -- at first I thought I was just going to keep the head and try to sell the weird little body -- but the body has grown on me. Now I need to figure out what she is. Maybe some kind of wraith. Or something that requires belief/faith to exist, but the belief is fading. She's going to provide a unique challenge for photography, being unable to sit or stand...

9. Congrats on your girl...I ordered mine way back when released, and still awaiting!!! :wantshipping: Now I am seeing that dealers have stock dolls which are arriving before my ordered doll, I am re-evaluating my choices of with whom I place an order... Yes, the photography will be interesting. I would love to learn more on photography techniques, I love looking at other peoples slick looking shots. Hope you share yours :3nodding:

10. Sending some vibes to you for quick shipping, HoneyRyder!

11. @HoneyRyder Sorry you're still waiting. I now have to go through an entirely new waiting process to get the replacement part. It's a real bummer to have the doll here but not be able to do anything with her. I'm also not digging the new DZ white, it's very creamy. I really like the old white. Today I was playing with my DZ 65cm body and exchanging heads and it's still a very paper white. I love it. But can't see myself buying another doll from them with that resin.

@pinkandyellow I'm sending good vibes your way for a doll with no issues!

12. [​IMG]

Still trying to figure out her character -- thought I'd ask you guys for input. Concept is that she is a fae personification of something that is fading, and thus she, too, is fading. I have some good potential ideas (like aforementioned belief/faith), but I want your thoughts.

13. That's a really cool idea!

14. Oh my gosh I'm so glad to have found a thread for these two dolls!!

I bought both of them, The Star and The Moon. I got my Star first, and her spine was also broken... I was sad, but after waiting 7 months I decided I could just buy some fimo clay and fix her myself. Her sister, Moon, came about two weeks later. She's perfect and there was no damage... which surprised me because her box was pretty banged up. o.O;

I didn't get them with faceups/body blushing, I wanted to do that myself. I bought them on impulse, as I loved how they looked... now begins the hard part of finding names, styles, and their stories. I think I have one in mind but I need to buy some more stuff. :) I'm probably going to buy a Doll Chateau body, for both of them (eventually). The neck size of the K-body-11 should fit the head socket decently well.

I took some photos with my iPhone.. they're not great but I like them. :) And if Photobucket would freaking cooperate I would post them here! D<

15. @Annabel.Nine ... That is sad news about the broken spine!!! I ordered in May from Angelesque, and am still awaiting my blank doll...apparently DZ did not send enough dolls to her to fill the order, grrrrr
      Regards the fix with fimo... Have you used fimo like this with resin before? Because from what I have read here on DoA, Fimo is something which requires baking to harden, and you couldn't bake resin like that. The fimo doesn't air dry...I would ask around first before adding fimo to your doll. The thing which I have heard used for fixing the spine was Super Glue. Again, I am no expert.

16. @HoneyRyder The fimo I got air dries, so I'm not concerned about baking it! I would super-glue the spine, but it broke in two parts and the larger part is missing.. I have to sculpt this part and then attach the smaller, end piece to it. Sounds like a lot of work...

17. Oh My, broken in two places :sigh that is really sad to hear. Sadomina has done a great fix on her broken spine with super glue, but it was a small clean break. But a piece missing!!!??? I understand the long wait , as I am still waiting, DollZone seem to be doing a pretty good job at sending out the replacements. I would still mail them to arrange a replacement, and while you are waiting do the sculpt fix.

18. @HoneyRyder I ordered through Alice's Collections, and I told them about it and they are discounting me on a future order. I don't really want the hassle of getting a replacement part just for a small part of the spine. My Moon arrived in perfect shape, so I am pleased. :)

Tags: