1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DollZone The Moon and The Star Discussion

May 31, 2016

1. @Annabel.Nine...that sounds great, I have just placed my first order with Alice's Colection, so it's great to hear that they work well with problems, I would do the same as you too... Nice One:)

2. @HoneyRyder I always order through Alice's Collections. :)

3. I got my DZ Tarot Moon yesterday. I love her she's such a neat doll. I would like to know the black pillow that comes with her. Does anyone know if it will stain the doll? Also the flowers do you think they will stain her?

4. @animegirl ... I got my Moon delivered yesterday to from,Angelesque!!! I thought I was the last person to receive this doll, he he...
      As for the black sleep bag, with dark colours there will always be a chance of dye transferring. I always make sure to wash all black clothes and materials 2 or 3 times before using them with my dolls. Plus make sure they are treated with a sealer MSC or similar too...I suppose washing the bag is best. Personally I would not use it next to the doll for long periods.
      As for the red flowers!!! :...( Yeah, several people have reported dye transference from these flowers to the dolls. Especially in damp atmospheres. Some people say that magic eraser will remove the stain, but the experiment I saw with that was wetting the flowers and rubbing on doll, then washing immediately with the eraser!!! I have not seen what might happen if dye transfer is on doll for some time before rubbing off?, or if dye is left to dry and set on doll ?
      Personally I have dumped the red long stem things in the bin...too messy!!!! And I have sprayed the petals with MSC type thing a few times...I plan on using for odd photo shoot, but not leaving,doll on them.
      Sorry for way too long post...:doh
      What do you think of your girl? Which colour did you order???

#84 HoneyRyder, Dec 23, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    5. [​IMG]

My Star arrived some weeks ago, never posted her here... well.

I'm sorry for all the people who got a broken spine.

6. Omg she looks so gorgeous!! I preferred this one over The Moon and I love to finally see a nice owner pic :drool

7. @HoneyRyder Congrats! Finally! Though of course for those of us with the missing spine the wait for replacement parts drags on and on....It's almost two months and nothing. Really done with Dollzone after this....also one of the eyes was rattling around in the head because they used such a tiny amount of the eye putty stuff. And this looks great:

[​IMG]

I guess the wig is mandatory with that half blush job.

8. @dollhausen ... Still awaiting the replacement part!!! what piece are they sending you? And will it be fully blushed? This is the first DollZone order I have made, I then went and ordered a Death from them!!! Part of me really regrets doing that but it was way back before the crazy long wait, broken dolls, replacement parts!!! Also, a little worried about the transit of that doll too, with its fused ankle joints!!! I have already decided that Death will be my last dealings with DollZone. I am interested to know about their blushing, as I have ordered death with blushing. Do they air brush the face up and body blush?

9. @HoneyRyder If you look at post #65 in this thread you can see the blushing they did on my doll. Which I thought was utter crap. They'll have to send me the entire torso as it's one piece. The spine broke in two spots. I'm super disappointed in DZ over this. As soon as I get the torso piece I'm sending it out to be re-painted and told them they could send me a blank if they wanted. The doll is super cool but the lack of protective packaging for the spine and the horrible blushing means I'll never buy another DZ doll. I almost ordered Death but the lack of joints seemed dumb so I decided against it. Now I'm glad I did. Also the new white skin is too yellow so they're piling on the epic failures.

#89 dollhausen, Dec 25, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    10. @dolhausen...I saw the pics of yours, but as I am a noob I have not seen enough dolls first hand to know if something is all airbrushed or done with pastels??? That's why I asked about the paint. As for the ankle joints. I wasn't too worried as I planned on this doll being more for show than playing around with. But now after the packaging nightmare, I am concerned I will get a doll with broken ankles :atremblin... I was a real fan of the paper white resin, and I too am pretty disappointed in the new white. I had hoped to be able to put the Moon head on my Irma body (thought I would get away with it) there is little chance of that. I wish I could have still requested the old white for this order, heh... I am finding it pretty difficult to take to this doll :sigh I hope that my disappointment in DollZone eases.
      I also hope that you hear some positive news soon. ​

11. @HoneyRyder Yeah, I don't know know what to tell you about the paint. I have no idea how it was done. Never even thought about that aspect. I can say it's pretty lame, not like the paint in the promo photos. If you want I could take some close-up pics if that would help.

12. hi everyone :) I orderd a star from dollzone, but wanted to sell the torso. now her normal body is here and I want to show you some pics of my first hybrid. I have to say, the blushing of the torso was so pink and not like on the pics on the website. also my star had a moon instead of a star on her chest. for me it wasn't too bad because I don't need the body, but this was no good job from dollzone. but I'm happy with how she looks now so far and I'm happy that I bought her the normal body. she is on a doll chateau kid body. she needs some ghostly clothes, but I really love her naked. here ist my beautiful ghost elf girl Aura :)

[​IMG]

and here another pic showing a bit more of her body :)

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/7fotorlpj4vw3one.jpg

#92 moon_flower, Dec 25, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
    13. I would be interested to see some close up shots of your girl. It will help me to see how different it is to promo pics. I am interested to see how they did inside the rib cage and spine area. Also to see hoe they tackled the embossed gore areas. Thankyou DollHausen

14. @HoneyRyder There's one. When you reply I'll post the other one so I don't get in trouble for posting two photos at once.
      [​IMG]

15. @dollhausen , thanks for the pic, and would love to see more of your close up shots. Also can I ask about the gold Moon motif? Is this just painted on? Or is yours carved/etched underneath the paint?
      I am so unhappy with the new white resin, I was a previous paper white lover, as a noob did not fully understand how different the new white would be. This new white is buttermilk coloured, in my mind it is the colour that a white doll would be once badly yellowed!!! I wish I had ordered in a different colour!!! I put her head on my DC Irma body, it looks great apart from the Irma is the old beautiful paper white. Someone remarked that the old white could be requested at the time of order??? This was not available when I ordered. I wonder if anyone did manage to get this sculpt in the old wonderful white..??

16. I never heard that you could get the old white or I would have done so. I HATE the new white. It's frickin' yellow! Offer yellow then keep the old white. I need to give DDE a nudge to find out what's going on with the body. I have two DZ's and four DC's in the old white and it was my favorite. I'll post pics when I get home...

17. As you can see the moon is painted. The entire paint job is pretty...rudimentary on these dolls. Once I get the replacement part I'm going to send mine out to be repainted.

[​IMG]

18. After two months my replacement torso has shipped! Then after verifying that it isn't damaged I'll ship it out to be painted.

19. wow, I feel like throwing a party when I heard your news
      Fingers crossed, that it arrives in good time without hitch, and you can send it out for painting!!!!
      Meanwhile, I have found an artist who I want to work with, who has done some preliminary sketches, and will be packing my MooN up too...

20. I didn't even realize, the spine is not part of the torso. It's just a spine strung to the torso. So here it is, unbroken:

[​IMG]

#100 dollhausen, Jan 10, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
Tags: