1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolpa 12 Limiteds!!

Nov 16, 2004

1. I am pretty sure you will have to have a copy of the magazine _in hand_ to order the dolls from haute doll, and it will probably work rather like the limiteds that have been offered through volks books (although it seems to be first come first serve rather than a lottery, though I could be wrong). Basically, I am guessing there is some sort of card or some such included in the magazine, and unless someone is nice enough to give you that card, they can post all the info they want and you won't be getting a doll from it.

This is partially guesswork, but at any rate I feel that karen made it pretty clear in her original post about the magazine that only those with a copy of the magazine in hand would ba able to purchase the dolls.

2. If someone asked this already, forgive me. ^_^;;

What do the little O and X next to the doll info mean?

3. Yes, the first Isao was also limited, but not as severely as this second one. Your best bet for finding one, or even just the head, is Yahoo Japan - there are usually a number of auctions going on for whole dolls and sometimes just heads. But he's not cheap :-(.

Marcia.

4. Um, well, not really -- I can just go to the bookstore when it hits the newstand and find out the answers myself. I'd buy it either way because it's the Dollfie issue; I merely want to know how the sale is being conducted. I'm *not* asking if I can buy the doll without buying the magazine, I'm asking whether it's first come-first served because if that's the case, then obviously I will not have a chance to order it through the magazine (because I will be getting my newstand copy quite a bit after subscribers get theirs).

5. I know exactly what you mean. I want the copy of the magazine myself, but whether we will get it in time to order the dolls is another matter altogether.

And roux, if you need to have something in the mag to order the dolls, I am sure Karen will have addressed that. :)

6. From the garbled translation, I think it means that while the others will be sold at like, the after party and stuff, the Isao is so limited that he's only being sold at the actual Dollpa and that's it - once his 100 pieces are done, there won't be any more made for the after party etc. Which makes me wonder if any of the 100 will be allocated to the international website at all, or if HauteDoll is taking the international side of things this time.

7. Ahh, okay - so there's still a chance I can get Mirai... *cackles evily* LOL

8. Speaking of the afterparty, how does that generally work? Do they make an additional, say, 100 dolls to sell a few weeks later? I've never really understood Volks' LE MO, as they re-release dolls (not really a true LE, then, is it? ^^;;; ) and do all sorts of "second chance" sales and One-offs and preorders. It's all somewhat confusing. I remember during Dollpa 11, though, they offered the dolls on the international website. I when I checked, the boys were sold out but there was still at least one Cyndy. I would've thought she'd sell out faster since I didn't check immediately after they went on sale. I cling to this little hope that A) Jun will be available on the international site and B) she won't sell out in the blink of an eye :cry:

9. Ohhhh..I realy want Jun..but Im in the UK..will I ever be able to get her? :crushed
      Ok I know this is gonna sound sooo bad..but I have to ask, I have the money for her and I can pay right away..sooo...can anyone in the US help me get her :?
      Im realy sorry for sounding sooo desprate and needy..but Ive realy fallen for her big time, and I just feel so bad knowing I might not even have a chance to get her :barf
      Im sorry for that whineing...please forgive me, its soo bad... :crushed :crushed

Charlie *^_^*

10. I want her tooo!!! >_< but i dont have the money yet... im saving like mad tho!!!
      Is there any way i could get her??

Rachie

11. I guess cross your fingers and hope other places will have her too?

She is really cute though, I hope you do get one.

I just want her cat. ^__^

12. Don't feel bad! The names and faces are very close! After I read your post, I looked at the two pictures side by side, and wasn't sure myself!

I do think if you couldn't get Jun, you could get a Kun, and make her up to look very similar!

13. Will non-US readers who bought the mag also be unable to get Jun´s plush kitty?

14. looks like the answer to petit ai/pocket fairies form volks. good spotting val!

15. I don't exactly know what the procedure is with the SD13s,the procedure could be totally different........only time will tell !!!!
      but..just to give you some idea ......

I believe , going by experience, that if you were one of the people that bought /pre-ordered the magazine before Nov.3rd
      (as the announcement noted)
      you then qualified for the Exclusive Haute Dolls SD13s.........
      Haute Dolls possibly only had a certain number of Isao2s and Juns for those
      that pre-ordered Haute Doll before Nov.3rd ......
      it is possible to still have a chance , but you should probably order the magazine as we speak..........either way you have to have the magazine on hand....
      (early bird gets the worm kind of thing)

In the past Haute Doll Exclusive Tonner Sydney(Gorgeous Doll and Outfit!!).... if you were one of those individuals that pre-ordered the magazine, you then received a postcard from Haute Doll, notifying you of your Exlusive Doll.....then , you must mail in your postcard with payment......
      within a certain time frame, if you do not, by that date given, you forfeit your spot.....
      and it goes to the next one in line....

However, Isao2 and Jun are both Haute Doll Exclusives......
      I highly doubt they would be available for D&H's usual pre-order......

You may catch them on Yahoo!Japan or ebay for twice/thrice their original price.....

~Mia

16. Squeeee!!!....
      She comes with the Kitty ????? :D :D :D

(I thought it was only for posing and pictures! Must have misunderstood the
      babel translation)

~Mia

17. Meg, it is always possible to see them on Yahoo!Japan .....
      the different Artists have produced/created their own versions of Isao's head
      and would probably continue to do so.......of course the repainted head may go for a minimum $500-and up, plus fees........

~Mia

18. Of course I fall for the most expensive one. XD Go me!
      Thanks for the help! I'm just going to let Isao go and try not to worry about it. I'll get myself in a tizzy! I'll cross my fingers and hope I can find him in the future. *hopes muchly*

XD
      ~Meg