1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolpa 12 Limiteds!!

Nov 16, 2004

1. There will be a lot less SDs than there were Tonners, though. Not everyone who preordered the magazine could get a postcard under that system. There would be many many more regular subscribers than dolls, let alone people who just ordered the one issue. So, unless the postcards are random, it seems like there would have to be some other system of sending in a postcard without the insurance that you were actually going to get the doll.

2. Yes, that is very true...but..as I wrote , it was only to give some people some idea.....
      " I don't exactly know what the procedure is with the SD13s,the procedure could be totally different........only time will tell !!!!
      but..just to give you some idea ...... " ...

really, only time will tell..and we will find out soon enough.....

Good luck to everyone!!!

~Mia

3. SQWEEEEEEEE!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!

Rachie :D

4. Mia, I hope I´m not mistaken, but I think I read somewhere in this thread that those who bought the Haute Doll issue are able to buy the kitty. That little thing is just too cute, I hoped it would be included with Jun...and it reminds me of a plush cat that my grand-aunt had sitting on her sofa. Me wants it so badly!!

5. Its just too bad that the Mag can only offer the SDs to US readers only...I know thats the way Volks wants it..so I guess its a good thing that some of us wil be able to get them :grin:
      Im just a little sad that I might not even have the chance to get Jun.I realy love her..and its too bad Im in the UK..gah..maybe I should move :lol:

Charlie *^_^*

6. If it's by a card ordering system, would Isao2 and Jun have their own card? Or would they be on the same card?

I'm wondering if I can find someone who preordered the magazine and doesn't want Isao2 so that I can have them order him for me. I'm dying to have him. Dreaming about him and all. So, if any of you preordered the magazine but don't want Isao2, please let me know!

7. That goes the same for me too!
      If anyones who gets a card and doesnt want Jun..would you please let me know..I can pay all the shipping and everything....please keep me in mind!! :grin:
      (Just a little desprate...will even beg more.. :oops: )

Charlie *^_^*

8. Too bad we can't get Jun :( I hope there will be some other way to get her :chibi And I want her plush kitty to come with her :love

9. BTW....
      I emailed to D&H in regards to Kohya, pureskin snow version of Tohya.....

his reply today :

"Sorry, I can't take any orders for these, as it looks like they may not
      offer them to me. Thanks, Frank.
      "

Looks like ebay, Volks site, and Yahoo!Japan for people who want Kohya then.......
      (or if you are one of the very fortunate ones to attend Dolpa 12)

~Mia

10. Oh no!! :crushed Will he be taking any orders for Tohya or none at all?

11. I don't know Majenta......(as I only asked about Kohya)....
      something to ask him I suppose....
      perhaps he will be sending emails when the time comes..........

~Mia

12. :o

I'm wondering too! Yes it does look like a Petite Ai or PF sized doll. Thanks for posting this link!

Even though the scan says something about November 2004, this doll isn't going to be at Dolpa 12, is it?

13. **sees the message about Kohya and D&H and dies**

OMG...I have to find out how to order from the Volks site now.... gah...

14. I wish they had a picture that showed the full "new" DD body nude...I want to compare it to the old one and see if there are any differences externally, or if it's all just internal mechanism stuff.

15. Same here...tho I still hope for Domuya...

16. Yeah, Isao is one of the limited ones, but his first release wasnt limited to 100 like this second one! unfortunately MOST of the time volks limited releases go up in value after release but it always depends on the popularity of the particular limited! the head I got was actually somewhat affordable (well... considering what some other ones go for) on YJ. if you can get an affordable body then it makes it a viable thought! Yes, though I got him on YJ. Heads of various limiteds repainted are somewhat common on YJ, the question I guess being how much they go for. (often depends on the possibility of the repaint artist...)
      Actually I'm surprised that people would separate a valuable limited head from the not so valuable body... doesnt nessesarily seem to be a profitable idea, but I guess sometimes it is?

Basically if you can't get Isao 2 now, your only option is to get him later on the aftermarket, which may or may not be difficult. Some limiteds are easier to get later and dont go up that much, so you may be in luck, its hard to say!

and then also there's no way to know whether or not volks may rerelease him with another cool outfit later!

My favorite limited was Lucas I, I couldnt afford him when he first came out, but I saved my money and eventually another collector sold hers and I was ready and was able to buy him for about his original retail price, so don't give up hope!

But obviously the most sure and usually the cheapest way to get a limited is right when it comes out for retail price.

and remember that a doll that you may love even more may come out at any of the upcoming dolpas! :)

17. How cute is this! My Mum saw Toyha..and she wants him now! :chibi
      The volks mind ray clames another one..tho she did say she likes his first outfit better...
      So al I have to d now is get him and Jun now... :oops: I realy want her to have him...shes even thinking about names! :grin:

Charlie *^_^*

18. Well, do you notice that almost always the heads go naked? It's what I would have done. I don't like Isao's head but I LOVE his outfits and his long-legged body. So I would definitely buy him just to keep his clothes and body and sell off his head. It's not profitable, but I would have gotten what I wanted.

Also, I think that buying the doll, separating head and body actually IS really profitable. Bodies typically go for around $500, and we've all seen the prices limited heads go for. Instead of getting a standard $800~ for selling the whole thing, it's possible you could get as much as $1000 or more, depending on how the head goes for.

19. Hi

I have pre-ordered the mag because I wanted it aswell as because of the dolls, now I only want Jun not Isao, but have the problem of being in the UK and needing a USA address... now if its a card system as people think, then can any one help me, apparently the mag is due here soon... maybe an arrangement can be made if you want the Isao..... as I only want Jun..... any ideas.... lol

pm me if any one can help....

:daisy

20. I just PMd you about it Maz. I had a family friend who I thought could go to Dolpa 12 to get Isaofor me but that idea fell through. So I'm back to hoping I can find someone who preordered the magazine and can help me get Isao that way.

It's a long shot but I'm trying! :lol: